Old Ghosts

Old Ghosts

A Chapter by Steven Goodykoontz

When someone needs help, they call on someone to help them. That was the case for a man by the name of Mathew Lippins. Even though he was with one of the most powerful espionage institutions in the world- which by that time was at its peak. The organization that he called home for more than a decade, the KGB was something he was proud of. He was always working with assistant director, Markori Derbezky. The two men worked together so well, that they were considered the two most powerful men in espionage. They were well known by all mercenary forces, Neo-Nazis, the Taliban, and even the most powerful of them all, the Socialist Union Party, which was very wary of the power that Lippins and Derbezky possessed. The two men were like the modern day "Untouchables."

Lippins was not a natural born Russian; instead, he came from a more Western background. He was born in Arkansas, but the hick accent could not be heard. His parent raised him up like a good working class boy, but his schooling up to his eight-grade year had something yet to be desired. He flunked second grade alone three times. He did all of his work, and turned them in on time as well, but since his family lived and worked on a farm, which they did not own, he could only focus on how he was going to help earn money for his family. Though the era of work for food was pretty much out of focus in the 1960’s, and welfare was in full swing, this family neither wanted free money, but wanted to become something so that their child could have good work ethics, and better motivation on life, so his parents thought.

Lippins was more of an adventurous boy. There was woods behind the farm that he worked at, so he used to slack off and run around in the woods, playing cops and robbers with his imaginary friends, Reilly, and Pete. He would stay out in those woods for hours at a time, occasionally for one day, and camp out under the stars. This made his parents think twice about letting him stay in school, since his work at home seemed to be over-balanced by the fun nature of playing with his imaginary friends.

His parent did take him away from school, but that did not stop Lippins from staying away. Lippins used to get up real early every morning and run to the school. If he was in his PJ’s, he would just go in that, because when he got up at five, his parents would probably get up after he got down stairs from his room. He never once got caught, but came close when he was in fourth grade. He got up one morning and ran down stairs, running like there was no tomorrow. When he got to the landing, somehow, his old man heard him and asked who it was. He did not answer. He ran out the door and ran toward the school.

When Matthew was in sixth grade, he got word that his grandfather on his mother’s side died, and left some inheritance for them. His grandfather was a greedy old stone that did not care about anyone but himself, and his money. He got all his money from when WWII was in full swing, he had a rare condition that did not allow him to be in the service. The rare disease that he had was called malignant melanoma. When he finally died, he left his only family $1 million, which in that time, people dreamed to have that kind of wealth.

With that money, he finished his schooling at a private school in New York. Even though his grades were horrible, his parents bribed the school with some money, and he got in. His parents got better jobs. His mother and father became rich farmers themselves and made money.

After high school, Lippins had a chance to go to Russia and study political science and economics. He took that chance in 1976 and went there. Every week, money was tapped to where he was.

While staying there, he decided that he much rather stay, and not come back. His Russian was very fluent, and he could blend in very well. His parents died in 1977, of a car crash. All the money that they had stored up was given to him, which added up to $1,000,000 in US becoming 28,235,800 Rubles in Russia. Lippins suddenly became rich in Russia.

When it was the year when Russia attacked Afghanistan in the 1980’s, he was drafted into the army, as an intelligence officer. He spied on the enemy and did one heck of a job. When the war was over, Markori Derbezky drafted him to work for the KGB. Derbezky, the assistant director, convinced his superior that Lippins was what they were looking for. When the start of the 1990’s, Lippins was put into the big leagues, as a spy.

***

It is now 2:45 pm in Moscow, and Lippins is getting ready to meet a contact. The man did not leave a name, but Derbezky told the agent that whatever possible leads that you can get, take it. With the KGB, following a superior’s orders meant the difference between life and death. Lippins knew that the old communist attitude that was in Russia is still strong in Russia today.

As Lippins looks in the mirror, combing his hair, he adjusts his suit jacket and straightens up his tie. He takes out his pocket watch, looks at the time, and grabs his gun, his wallet, and his voice recorder. He turns off the light to the bathroom and walks out the door.

The outside was snowy. Snow littered the street, and the December weather says that today will be at a low 23 degrees. Lippins shivers a little bit as he unlocks the door on his Rolls Royse. He starts the car and drives away.

***

Markori Derbezky is sitting in his office, signing off some of the papers that he always goes through on a daily basis. He sifts through the piles and piles of papers, signing each one with his gold plated pen, which reads, Red Army Red. Derbezky is a real communist, and is closely affiliated with the party that is trying to get the upper hand once again in Russia.

The intercom on his desk beeps. He strays away from his work, pushes the button.

"Sir," said his assistant.

"Yes?" he replies.

"Vernadoli, needs you, sir."

"Tell him I’ll be right there."

He lets go of the button and walks out the door.

Vernadoli is the director of the KGB, and he a true patriot to the old Russia. He holds secret meetings with the underground communist party every Thursday and Friday, and occasionally goes on conferences.

There is a nock at the door. Vernadoli looks up from his work.

"Come in!" he yells.

Derbezky walks in. Vernadoli walks up to Derbezky and they kiss each other’s cheek.

"Please," said Vernadoli, "come sit down."

"Thanks," replied Derbezky.

"Now," said the director, "I see that you have been doing a good job around here, and I do think it is time for you to know something."

"What?" asked Derbesky.

"This is about what you are going to do for me. Derbezky, I am retiring my position soon as director of the KGB, and I’ll need a replacement. I see that you are worthy candidate for this job, and I will consult the president."

"Is that all?" asked Derbezky.

"Yes, you are free to leave."

Derbezky gets up and walks out the door.

With a new reason to live, Derbezky walks into his office and sees a package sitting among the many pages. He walks to his desk, sits down and looks at the package. He first shakes it. He opens it and there is an another package stuffed in that box.

Derbezky picks up the new box. He shakes it, and hears something inside shuffling around. He opens the top and slips out the object. It was a wooden box, which reads Sweet Cakes. Derbezky smiles. His wife calls him Sweet Cakes, and he thinks it is from his wife. He opens the box and the room blows up. Derbezky is swept out of the window behind his desk. The explosion shakes the whole building.

Outside where Derbezky fell, people rush over to the man who fell from the twelfth floor.

***

"You do not understand, Mr. Lippins," said a man sitting across from him in a fancy restaurant in Moscow. "What I am trying to give you is something that will help you catch this guy."

"Look," demands Lippins. "What I am looking for is the man who killed Rynotolz Der-Berz. If you do not have the information that I want, then this meeting is over."

"My friend did know Der-Berz, and he has some leads," replied the man. "What I will give you is photos of what the house looks like after the crime."

"Look, you stupid Russian!" yelled Lippins. "What I need is not just leads, I need names, not photos!"

"My friend knows what he is doing," replied the man. "What I can do is get back to you after he finds more leads."

Lippins jumps up, smacks over the table, and takes out his gun. Lippins takes the man by the shirt and shoves the .45 into his face.

"You will tell me all the leads!" yelled Lippins. "You will tell me what I want to know! You will give me all that I want, or maybe you will be in a box."

People around them gasps and looks at them with hesitation of leaving. Lippins shoves the gun closer to his face.

"OKAY!" yelled the man. "I have one lead!"

"Who?"

"His is a terrorist by the name of Donald Isaac. He works for the Socialist Union Party. I have told you what I know, now let me go," pleads the man.

Lippins releases him and puts his gun into his gun cradle.

***

Paul George is sitting in his office looking at the TV. The TV changes.

"What now?!" yells George.

A news flash comes on. A woman appears.

"This is a Missouri News Flash," said the woman. "I am Jamie Greg. Now lets get to our top story."

Paul looks closer to at the TV.

"Today," went along the anchorwoman. "The KGB office was attacked today by some unknown source. We go to live now to Moscow with Craig McDonald."

"Thanks, Jamie," said the reporter. "It was a day that the Russian government will mourn. An agent by the name of Markori Derbezky. There was a package on his desk, which our sources say may have had the bomb inside. Russian police say that it must have been a small bomb, but had enough power to blow Derbezky out the twelfth story window to his death." The reporter walks over to the building, and the camera is turned up toward a big hole in the building. There is a fire in the building, and some firemen are spraying water to get it out. "I am Craig McDonald reporting from Moscow, Jamie."

"Thanks, Greg," replied the anchorwoman. "We apologize for the interruption, now back to your regular television show."

The television turns back to the regular show. Paul sits in his chair stunned. He turns around to look out the window, and dials a number.

***

Back in Moscow, Lippins turns into the parking lot of the KGB and sees a mess of people, firemen, newspaper and reporter people, and police. He stops the car, and his boss, Marcos Vernadoli comes up to him.

"What happened?" asked Lippins.

"No questions, come with me quick," replied Vernadoli.

Vernadoli and some armed guards take him and bring him to a waiting helicopter.

Lippins is stuffed in.

"Sir," said Lippins quickly. "What is going on?"

Vernadoli looks at him. "Derbezky is dead, we are taking you to the USA. There you will be protected until we can clear this thing up."

One of the armed guards shut the door and the helicopter went up.

***

"Steven, Todd, you two are to secure the doctor," commanded Paul. The two agents are in Romania taking down a terrorist cell. Steven looks up and acknowledges the command with an okay. Todd looks at Steven and says okay. Steven and Todd are in their stealth suits. Steven was carrying his SPAS 12, and Todd his SIG 552. Inside of the hospital where the doctor is held prisoner, it is dark everywhere, so the agents bring along their night vision goggles.

Todd points Steven to where they need to go. The two agents turn on their night vision goggles, and creeps toward the door in front of them. Todd opens the door quietly and they are inside of a waiting room. There is a gunshot, and a bullet ricochets off the wall. Todd turns around and shoots the gunman.

"Its okay," said Todd.

Steven nods his head, and the two agents walk down the hall to an elevator. Todd pushes the button to go up.

"Agents," said Paul. "Roy has found where the doctor is being held. It is a secured area on the third floor, but do not use the elevator above level two, because that will trigger an alarm that will trigger a bomb to go off where the doctor is held. So use the stairs, but be careful, guards are in this place and waiting for you. Stay together, and stay safe."

"Copy that," whispered Steven.

The elevator door opened. The agents walked in and Todd pushed the button to the second floor.

There was an elevator ding, and then the door opened. Agents Todd and Steven walk out onto a very lighted, but quiet hallway of the hospital. Todd remembers this back in Sicily. He was on a hostage rescue of one of the top US ambassadors. Gilbert and Todd were ambushed. Guards jumped out from every doorway and shot, almost killing Gilbert.

Steven walked out. Todd pushed him Steven into the room in front of them as twelve men from twelve different rooms jumped out and shot their weapons at Todd. Todd got hit in the stomach, sternum, and then his collarbone. He fell and breathed heavily. Steven got on his hands and knees and pulled Todd into the room and shut the door. Steven laid Todd onto the hospital bed and locked the door.

"Paul!" yelled Steven.

"Paul, here."

"Paul," said Steven. "Todd is down, repeat, Todd is down. We need to abort, repeat, we need to abort."

"No," demanded Paul. "We must save the doctor. This doctor has the serum for the cure of cancer, and if he dies, then millions die of cancer."

"Paul," demanded Steven. "You will have two hurt and stranded agents here if you do not abort, get us out!"

"Steven," said Paul. "I will tell you what. If you do not continue with this mission, do not bother in coming back. We cannot send out Andy, until the area is secure and the doctor is US hands. Understand?"

"Copy."

"Todd," said Steven, "are you still alive?"

"Steven," said Todd with a whisper of pain, "reach in my back pocket and take out my wallet."

Steven reached into Todd’s pocket and got his wallet.

"Now," Todd continued. "Pull out my picture of my wife and kids and my note."

Steven took them out.

"Now," said Todd, "my address is on that note. My wife and kids live there. Give them this and tell them that I love them."

"Todd," said Steven. "You are going to make it. Do not give up on me. Todd, Todd! Todd!"

Todd died on the bed.

Steven bowed his head.

"Paul," said Steven.

"Paul, here," he replied.

"Todd checked out," replied Steven.

"Continue with his mission," demanded Paul.

Steven knew what he must do. On his side, he had a clamped-on side pouch full of grenades. He took one out. He opened the door and took out the pin in one of them. He tossed it down the hall and took out his SPAS 12. He jumped out from behind the door, and then all of a sudden, the gunmen came out, but before they could shoot, the grenade went off and killed them. One man, however jumped away before the blast could get to him. Steven did not notice the man, and he thought that all the mercenaries were dead, so he preceded forward. The lone mercenary jumped out from behind the door way and shot at Steven, but the agent dove before the shot could get to him, and while in the air, he shot one round from his SPAS 12 into the mercenaries chest, killing him instantly. Steven slammed onto his chest, and got up, and ran toward the stairwell.

The stairwell door opened, and it was totally dark. Steven flipped down his night vision goggles and turned it to the settings for thermal. He saw two people above him. He hid in the darkest corner that he could find, and when they came around the corner, he ambushed them and killed them. Steven proceeded upward, and encountered no resistance. When he opened the door to the third floor, there was fire in the hallway, but one door at the very end was clear. Above him was a water pipe, which he could grasp onto. He touched it, but the pipe was very hot, because of the fire. So, the agent put on his gloves, and touched it again. This time he could not feel any heat from the pipe, so he grasped it with both hands and legs and scooted toward the door, inches away from the burning inferno.

Steven jumped off when he was in front of the door. He opened it and walked in. He pointed his gun forward and waited for the first person to go after him. He saw the doctor on the bed, tied down. Steven ran up to him, but when he got to him, the bathroom door slammed open, and a lone mercenary shot at him. Steven shot back, but missed. The agent turned around as his attacker who swung at him, hitting Steven in the forehead. Steven fell on the bed, but got up and swung back. The mercenary fell to the ground as he was hit. Steven picked him up and threw him out the window.

"Paul," said Steven, "I have the doctor, he is okay."

"Good," replied Paul. "You are finished."

There was a flash, and Steven opened his eyes as Roy took off the goggles on his face.

"So," said Roy, "what do you think of the training set that I have made for you?"

"Realistic," replied Steven. "But add a little beans, and you would have some major crap."

"Are you saying that this training device is not worthy enough to use on you agents?" asked Roy.

"I’m saying that it was whack how Todd had to die in such strange ways," replied the agent crossing his arms.

"That was a test of your stamina, when someone close to you has taken a fall," replied Roy. "Besides, it is not like it really happened, because I turned his settings to rookie when you were playing. Besides, every time you play this level, something different happens. Sometimes Todd gets killed, hurt, mauled, lacerated, tortured, on some occasion’s turns on you, and if he is extremely lucky, he will live to fight another day."

"Why so random?" asked Steven.

"Come on," said Roy. "If I let you play the same level all the time with the same exact outcomes as before, you would get too comfortable with it, and expect the same things. I have programmed this thing to add new characters, plots, battlegrounds, hostages, and even worlds. You wanna play a mission to Mars?"

"I’ll pass on that," said Steven, "but thanks."

"Well thanks for playing," said Roy.

"Anytime, any place, for any reason," said Steven with a smirk. "I know I will kick the living crap out of those computer-animated people."

"I’ll have to make sure I make some real supermen next time, Steven," joked Roy.

Steven laughed and shook his head as he left Roy’s lab. He walked down the hall of the agents and stopped by Todd’s office. Steven knocked.

"Come in," said Todd.

Steven opened the door and walked in.

"How is it going, bud?" asked Todd.

"Not bad, but have you tried that new virtual reality device Roy has?" asked Steven.

"Not yet, is it adequate?" asked Todd leaning back in his chair.

"It is quite, but it has some kinks that some agents should not be exposed to," replied Steven going to the chair and taking a seat.

Todd took out a pot of coffee from under his desk and got out two cups and poured them both a glass.

"So," said Todd. "What happened?"

"Oh, nothing much, except you died," replied Steven.

Todd smiled and giggled. "I died, was it cool to see me dead?"

"I did not think so," replied Steven. "As a matter of fact, when you died, I felt sad."

"Why?" asked Todd sipping his coffee.

"Well," replied Steven sipping his coffee as well, "I know you as my brother. I mean we have been together forever. I met your wife and kids, your brother on occasions and even worked with Nathan. I know you more than I know my own daughter."

"Sorry to hear that," replied Todd touching Steven’s shoulder. "I know you have a lost daughter. I have to sacrifice not seeing my family for days, months, and on occasions, for years."

"Why am I feeling this way," said Steven. "I feel like I am all alone in this world. I feel like nobody cares."

"I care about you, bud," said Todd. "As you said, I am like a brother to you, and I am. I know what you are going through. It is what we agents call citizen withdraw disease. I went through the same thing. It is nothing bad, but it may interfere with your work. What I can do is tell Paul, and you could have an easy job until you feel better."

"No," said Steven, " I want to work the same way that I am now, but I just want to feel happy again. I just want to see my daughter again."

"I see," replied Todd.

Steven got up. "Thanks for your help, Todd," said Steven as he opened the door.

"Anytime," replied Todd.

Steven shut the door and walked into his own office.

A helicopter landed on the ADOC helipad. Gilbert and Andy were there to meet whoever was on the chopper. Two armed guards in black rubber suits jumped out and opened the door. A man in a nice tailored suit walked out and shook the two agents’ hands.

"Hello," said Mathew Lippins as the chopper lifted up in the air.

"Come with us," said Andy.

The three men walked down the stairwell that went to the hall of the agents. The three men walked down the hall and entered into Paul’s office.

Paul stood up and shook Lippins hand.

"Please," said Paul, "sit down and make yourself at home."

"Bad chance," said Lippins. "It is kind of hard to make myself at home when you know that your life is in danger."

"Do you know why you are here?" asked Paul.

"Of course," replied Lippins putting left leg over his right leg and shaking it.

"Coffee?" asked Paul.

"Please," replied Lippins with a smile.

Paul got out a pot of coffee and two mugs. Paul poured the coffee in and gave it to him.

"Thank you," said Lippins sipping his coffee.

"Welcome," replied Paul.

Paul sipped his coffee and said, "I have two agents that can take care of you very well."

"Who are they?" asked Lippins.

"I’ll send them in," said Paul pushing the buttons for Todd and Steven.

"Agents," said Paul, "please report to my office."

A minute later, Todd and Steven walked in.

"Agents," said Paul as Steven and Todd walked in.

Lippins turned around to see the two agents and stood up and shook their hands.

"This is Mathew Lippins," said Paul. "You two will be under him for a short time. He needs your help in finding that is killing off the KGB’s best."

"Strange," said Todd. "Your name is not Russian, but you are Russian."

Lippins, a calm well organized man smiled and replied, "I was born and raised in Russia, but I came here during school and decided to stay here."

"That explains it," said Todd.

"Now agents," said Paul, "you will not be traveling alone. Roy will accompany you."

"Where is he?" asked Todd.

"Right here," replied Roy. Roy had two suitcases, two rolling backpacks, and a duffle bag.

"What is all that?" asked Steven.

"Necessary equipment," replied Roy.

"What is necessary about it?"

"Guns, suits, ammo, medical supplies, gadgets, my lab equipment, my clothes, my toiletries, teddy bears, and some snackies along the way for the trip."

Steven, Todd, Paul, and Lippins shook their head.

"Little momma’s boy here," said Steven. "He still has his teddy bear and always has to have snacks along with him on every trip."

Roy took out the teddy bear and took out something from the back.

"This is a bug zapper for our hotel room," said Roy. "It creates a jamming system for any and all bugs that happen to come into our room. All I do is lay it somewhere inconspicuous, turn it on, and when there is a bug, and it records all sounds and things we do, it jams them and makes them unusable."

"Roy," said Steven. "You never quit do you?"

"As long as I am breathing," replied Roy, "I will keep kicking up my heels and kneeing the enemy in the rear. Oh, and speaking of rear, I have created a new gadget that allows you to..."

"We do not want to hear what your gadget it," said Paul. "We have work to do. Men, Andy, one of my associates will pick you guys up on the helipad and take you to where ever you need to go."

"Where are we going?" asked Todd.

Lippins turned and looked at Todd. "We are going to Moscow and look at the damaged caused by the bombings," replied Lippins. "We will stay at a hotel in Moscow, and we must keep a low profile, we do not need any outside pressure. KGB has not authorized this, and if they find out that two American spies, a weapons analyst from America, and a temporary exiled KGB agent in sneaking around Moscow, then they will have my head for this."

They all shook their heads.

***

There was a hum overhead. Lippins, Paul, and the two agents got up. Paul was talking on the telephone, turned around, of course. The four men walked out to the long corridor and walked onto the helipad. The air was filled with noise from the mighty army helicopter. Andy came out and escorted them into the chopper. The four men took their seats and buckled themselves in. Andy shut the door and the helicopter took off into the day.

"Where are we going?" asked Steven.

"To the KGB building where we will investigate the place for hidden moles, and the rooms where Derbezky and Rynotolz Der-Berz were both killed."

"How were they killed?" asked Todd.

Lippins looked at Todd and said, "Derbezky was killed by an explosive device planted in a box, and a sniper killed Der-Berz. Both rooms are blocked off, and we have to be quiet. We cannot get in there by blending in, because security knows everyone and everything that goes on in there, so that means that you two will have to go in and infiltrate it."

"How will we get into there?" asked Steven.

"Through the sewers of course," replied Lippins. The agents looked at him as if he were nuts.

"Why the sewers?" asked Steven. "Aren’t the shafts just as good?"

"Nobody will detect us from under ground," replied Lippins. "The KGB has radar that detects people from air and people from the ground, so the only option is by under ground."

"How do we infiltrate the building, when most of the holes are smaller than my fist?" asked Todd.

"There are large pipes that go up to my office," said Lippins. "The pipes are behind my wall and we can easily through them to get to my office," replied Lippins.

"Okay," said Steven. "We can get in that way, but how will we defend against the smell?"

"I will show you when we get to the hotel," replied Lippins.

Todd and Steven looked at each other and shrugged.

***

The helicopter landed at the US embassy in Moscow. The agents climbed out of the helicopter and walked to a man in a suit.

"I am General Pennington," the man said.

"I know you," said Steven. "You are my formal general."

The general walked forward and looked Steven square in the face. He studied his face.

"You are Lieutenant Goodykoontz," said the General smiling. He walked and the agents followed. He turned his head back and said in a low tough voice, "How have you been doing, Lieutenant?"

"I am doing well, sir, but I am now a Major," replied Steven.

"Congratulations," replied the General with a smile. "How did you accomplish it?"

"I stopped a trade of illegal gun traders from sending illegal arms and weapons of mass destruction to our enemies," replied Steven. Steven felt a fuzzy feeling in him, and felt proud.

"That was you?" said the General who opened the door to the elevator. "I heard about that, and I never expected that a former boy of mine would get so much international attention."

"International attention?" said Steven as the last man got onto the elevator.

"Yes," replied the General. "Everyone from the states to Japan knows of your valiant effort. Plus your buddy did a great job also."

"You are talking about Colonel Todd Dalton," said Steven.

"Yes," he replied. "He was under my old friend, Herman before he was called to be the first agent for ADOC in 1995."

Steven nodded his head as the General opened the door to the meeting room. Steven, Todd, Lippins, and Roy all took their seats. The General pushed a button on a projector and he pushed a button on his remote control. Some blue prints came on. The General used his laser pointer and focused on a manhole on a street next to the KGB building.

"Alpha," said the General looking at the four men, "is your point of entry. This is the manhole that you two, Steven and Todd, will slip into and go to point Bravo-" The General pushed a button on his remote and a he pointed to a room marked Bravo. "This point," continued the General, "is Lippin’s office. I trust Lippins already explained how you would get into his room from the sewers." Steven raised his hand. The General pointed to him.

"I have just one question for Lippins," said Steven. He stood up. "How will we get up fourteen floors of sewer pipes. Certainly we will be tired out from climbing up for so long."

Lippins then stood to his feet.

"You and Todd will not have to go climb so much," said Lippins. "The sewers are big enough for you two to climb up them, plus Roy told me that he has modified your repel guns to go that high." Lippins looked at Roy. "Show them."

Roy got up and took out two repel guns. It was like the original ones, but in the middle where the cable is usually stored, there was about a six-inch bulge on it.

"This is a modified version of your repel guns," said Roy. "They can reach to a height of about twenty stories and still have enough strength and durability to hold you."

"I understand now," said Steve looking at Lippins. "One question still remains, how will we both get up that pipe together at the same time?"

Roy sat down and Lippins got back up.

"One at a time, gentlemen," replied Lippins.

"How?" asked Todd.

Roy got up and took out two laser pins.

"These are my laser pins," said Roy. "The can cut through anything from paper, to titanium. They have very good strength, and have life for about four days of continuous use. It works by taking energy from the air and converting it to plasmatic energy and the beam is a natural heating laser. I made it..."

"I think we have heard enough," said the General. "Now take your seats so that I can continue with the debriefing." They all sat down and turned their attention to the General. "Now," continued the General laser pointing Lippins office, "is where you will be in the first stretch on your mission. Now that room is close to Derbezky’s office and Der-Berz’s rooms as well. When you get to this room, Steven, you will take Derbezky’s room and look for any evidence. You may not find much, but whatever you find take it and bring it back to us. You will have to use your laser to gain access to the room. It is on the right when you are facing the windows.

"Todd, you will look in Der-Berz’s office. It is under Lippin’s office. You will also have to use your laser to gain access. I want you to tap his computer and find any threats that may be on it. I also want you to take camera observations of the outside where the bullet hole is, and I want you to find some evidence that is there.

"You two will be doing this at night. Now, you two will meet back in Lippin’s office and cover all your tracks. You will have to use a bit of stealth when you leave the room. Lippins office is a safe house, because it is not permitted to anyone." The General took his laser and pointed to a room about 100 feet in front of Lippins office, down the hall. "This room, Steven," said the General, "thiois the mailroom. This room for you is Charlie. I want you to look in Derbezky’s mailbox for any mail that has come. I know for a fact that some terrorists send more deadly mail, just in case that the first one did not work. Be careful, because the mail could contain a bomb, and you must get it back here. Our bomb squad will analyze your find." The general took his pointer and pointed to a room in a far-left corner. "This room," said the General, "is the camera room. You will take all the tapes that are on January of this year. You will take them from the fourteenth floor and ground floor. You will take them back here and we will analyze them."

The General then pointed to a little box in the middle of the floor.

"This is the elevator that you will use to get to the basement," said the General. "You two will meet back in Lippins office and proceed to the elevator and take it to the basement, where the servers are."

The General pushed a button on his remote and a big box was on. It was called Delta.

"This is Delta," said the General. "You will take some government issued palm pilots that will take unlimited information on it. You will slip these into one plug in that is on the left wall of the room when you get off the elevator. This is a lighted place, and most likely a person will be guarding this place, so you are allowed to use force if necessary, but no killing. The last thing we need is a war. One of you must tap it, and one of you must be on watch. And that is all." The General turned off the projector. "Any questions."

"What about cameras?" asked Steven.

Roy got up. "I have modified your suits to be invisible to the detecting waves of a camera. It is a jammer suit used to jam any visuals that a camera has. It will not show anything, and it will just show you guys as two guards," said Roy.

The agents nodded their heads.

***

It was a nice and balmy 3:34 am in Russia. Steven, Todd, Roy, and Lippins were all in their big fat rental car that they were lend to them by the US embassy. Of course the hummer was used for more of a military use, but it was tinted dark so that it was hard to detect. Steven was driving, Todd was in the passenger seat, and Roy and Lippins were in the backseat.

The hummer rolled up to a hotel parking lot when the clock struck 3:50 am. The hummer parked and the lights turned off. Our four sleuths got out and walked inside toward the desk.

"We have reserved a room," said Lippins.

The Russian lady, who did not speak a lick of Russian shrugged and Lippins repeated himself in the Russian tongue.

"Oh," said the clerk in Russian. "You must be Lippins, room for four. That is the last room that is available until next Tuesday." She reached around herself and got the last card on the shelf. "Here is your room number 777," continued the clerk with a smile as Lippins took the card and handed it to Todd.

"I’ll stay and talk," whispered Lippins into the ears of his comrades. Steven, Todd, and Roy all went up to their rooms.

"I’ll bet you know your way around this place?" said Lippins with a smile.

"I do, sir," replied the clerk with a worried smile.

"Tell me," said Lippins leaning on the desk, "do you know anything about the bombings of the KGB building?"

"Are you a cop?" she asked.

Lippins shook his head.

"Well," the worried clerk continued, "I did hear it on the television when it came out."

"You know anything else about the bombing?" asked Lippins.

"Some of my friends think that our enemies called," she said thinking hard. "They are called something like the Socialist Union Party or something like that. I really do not know. My friend is a cop and he tells me anything that he can about this case."

"I have heard of them," said Lippins.

"You do?" she asked. "They are pretty new and nobody that I know ever heard of them."

"Well, I know them because a friend from another community accustomed in finding these kind of guys told me about them," replied Lippins.

"What kind of guys?" she asked.

"Some friends that I met once," he replied.

"Where those men them?" asked the clerk.

"No," replied Lippins.

"Who are they?" she asked.

"They are just some buddies of mine waiting for the hockey game on Friday," he replied.

"I do not really like hockey very much," she declared.

"I am a big fan of the Hammers," replied Lippins.

"I like the Yetis," replied the clerk.

"Well," said Lippins, "I have to go now, you have a nice day ma’am."

"You too, sir," replied the happy clerk.

Lippins walked in and saw the three men engaging in sleeping. Lippins did not care, because a big night was ahead for them all. Since there were only two beds in the room and they all took the beds, Lippins took a chair, reclined back a bit, and put his feet on a desk were a phone book was. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

He awoke to some stirring from the agents. Todd was getting dressed in the next room, changing into his stealth suit. Steven was in the bathroom taking a shower. As for Roy, he sat quietly on the bed, getting everything ready tonight. Lippins looked out the window and it was dusk. The sun shown from over a hill in the distance, just peaking over the golf courts. Lippins sat up and walked over to Roy who took out a gun.

"What kind of gun is that?" asked Lippins.

Roy looked over. "It is a sleeper dart gun, able to take out any human that gets shot by it," replied Roy.

"Can it take out animals?" asked Lippins.

"Some, why?" he asked.

"Well, when we are on high alert, the guards tend to walk German Shepherds around with them," said Lippins. "It is for an extra sense so that another attack will not happen."

"Well," said Roy, "since dogs are not as big as us, and they contain less blood than us, then I would have to say, yes."

Lippins nodded his head, got up and went into the next room. Todd was fully dressed in his jumpsuit type stealth suit that Roy gave him.

"Dose this make me look fat?" asked Todd cheerfully.

"Nah," replied Lippins. "In fact, I think you look like a straight shooter."

Todd smiled and Steven walked out the door to the bathroom, fully clothed in his stealth suit with a big burst of steam coming out.

"It’s all yours now," said Steven.

Lippins shook his head and smiled. Lippins went inside and shut the door. He looked into the mirror and stared at himself. He opened his mouth and looked at his teeth, then he looked at his eyes.

"Time to split!" yelled Todd from outside the door.

"Coming," replied Lippins as he walked toward the door. He opened the door and saw the two agents in yellow work suits and hard hats.

"What is with this?" asked Lippins.

"These are to conceil their identities so that they would look less conspicuous," replied Roy.

Lippins nodded his head and they all walked to the Hummer.

***

The arrived at the manhole when the sun was fully down. They put down some cones and the agents were tapped and they walked over to the manhole. They opened it up and Steven climbed down first, then Todd. Todd covered the manhole. When they got to the bottom, which was full of gunk and smell, they covered their faces to get the smell away from them.

"This is the messiest job that I have ever had to do," said Steven.

"Yah," replied Todd with disgust. "I never thought I’d go so down in the dumps like this."

About three minutes later, they were over where the pipe that they were supposed to go up was at. They got out their repel guns. Steven shot up first and the hook latched onto the side of the concrete pipe. Steven climbed up.

"Steven," said Lippins on the radio, "I will tell you when you are at the part where you can get to my office via the pipe."

"Understood," replied Steven.

Steven climbed steadily, until the radio came on again.

"Now," said Lippins, "you are at the point where you can get through. Use your laser to get through."

Steven, still holding onto his repel gun, took out his laser pin and started to cut a big hole in the pipe. When the stone started to fall, he latched on to it and climbed into Lippins’s office.

"Your turn, Todd," said Lippins.

Todd shot his repel gun and it latched onto the hole that Steven made. He climbed up and entered Lippins room. Todd grabbed the repel guns and gave Steven his. Steven laid down the piece of pipe on the floor and took off his over suit, then Todd followed.

"Okay," said Steven, "you go and look into Der-Berz’s office while I look in Derbezky’s office."

Todd nodded his head and kneeled down and started cutting the floor. When the floor was about to fall, he caught it and laid it on the ground next to him. He jumped down on the desk, and landed quietly next to a computer. Todd took his palm pilot and turns on Der-Berz’s computer. He puts the cord into the computer’s back and starts loading. When it is full loaded, he strums a few keys and puts the disk in, and information is loaded onto it. When he is done, he walks around the dark room looking for any evidence.

As for Steven, the search is more complex. The whole room is charred. The window is covered up with wood, and around the blast site, there are little pieces of wood and papers laying around. The floor is a little bit wet, but Steven sees something in the corner of the room. It is a gold pen. There is a few traces of blood on it and a few charred material. Steven stashes it into his side pouch and continues his search. Steven looks up and sees a hole in the ceiling. He gets a chair that is next to door and scoots it under the hole. Steven climbs up and pushes on it, and a big block of ceiling comes up. The agent pushes it up and peers into the hole. Inside, he sees a gun. It is lugar, and it is in very good shape. He picks it up and stashes it into his pocket. He looks some more and realizes that he is looking inside of a ventilation shaft. It is just wide enough to get through, and he realizes that there had been an intruder in the facility. Steven jumps down and takes out a spy camera and shoots a picture of the hole.

Steven is now done, so he goes toward the door and opens it slowly. There is a camera at the end of the hall that is over the mail room. He looks around for any guards, but there is none, so he goes out and closes the door slowly. Steven walks toward the door to the mail room and opens it. This room is dark, but there is a window and the moon is shining in and it is illuminating the mailboxes. He walks over and looks for Derbezky’s and finds one lonely package. He picks it up and puts it into his pouch.

Steven walks out and returns to Derbezky’s office. Steven covered up the hole in the ceiling and then he covers up the hole in the wall. Todd is there. Todd covers up the hole in the floor and in the wall where the pipe is. Todd motions to the door. Steven walks over and opens it up and looks for any guards. There are none, so the agents walk toward the elevator and they hear a sound as Todd closes the door. There is whistling. The agents get into a dark part of the hallway and sees a guard walk by. Steven grabs the man by the neck and knocks him out. He lays him in the shadows. The agents continues toward the elevator and open the door. Steven pushes to go down.

***

The elevator stops in the basement. There is a camera, and there is a guard. Steven walks out into the lighted room and the guard spots him. Steven takes out his tranquilizer gun and shoots the man in the neck. Before the man fell, Todd unplugged the camera. Steven takes out the dart and lays the man down on the ground. Steven takes out his palm pilot and downloads the information.

The elevator goes up. Todd looks at the numbers on the elevator and notices that elevator stops at the first floor.

"Steven," said Todd, "get to the ceiling."

"Why?" asks Steven.

"Just do it."

Steven takes his repel gun and shoots up and latches onto a pipe. He goes up and wraps his body around the pipe. Todd does the same.

Steven looks over to Todd. "What is this about?" asked Steven.

Todd replies, "There are guards coming this way."

Sure enough, three guards with AK47’s get off the elevator and walks around. One man in Russian says, "This cord must of came loose."

"Yes," replied another, "these stupid cords are so stiff that I am not surprised that we have to come here often to plug in the cord."

The third one looks around and whistles. He looks at the server and sees one light on.

"Hey guys," he said. "Why is Der-Berz’s computer on?"

One walks over and says, "I don’t know. Lets go check it out."

The three guards run back into the elevator and goes up to the fourteenth floor. The agents climb down and use the stairs to get out to the waiting van. The agents piled into the van and they drove off to their hotel.

***

The agents were now in their civilian clothes when they got back to the hotel. They got out of the van and walked into the lobby. They got into the elevator and got to their room. Roy checked his Teddy Bear, but the only person in the room was a cleaning maid. Lippins put the objects on the table, and the pictures that the agents caught, he plugged them into the computer. The pictures loaded. Roy went over to the table where the objects were and studied them.

The other agents walked over. Lippins came over and studied them.

"So," asked Steven, "what do you think of these?"

Lippins picked up Derbezky’s pen and red the inscription. "Red Army Red."

"That is what I found in Derbezky’s office," said Steven. "After that, I found a hole in the ceiling, and I found this Lugar." Steven picked it up with a napkin.

Lippins took the gun and studied it for a while and put it down. He then walked over to the bed where the computer was. He clicked on one of the pictures to make it bigger on screen. He looked at the hole and the shaft that the intruder was in. Lippins clicked out and looked at Todd’s pictures. He looked at the bullet hole in Der-Berz’s room and his eyes became wide. He circled the hole with the mouse and looked at the cracks around the hole. He got up and walked over to the table and picked up the Lugar. He brought it back to the computer and studied both at the same time.

Lippins picked up the palm pilots and read all the information on them. One of them read like an e-mail. In fact, most of them were e-mails. How they worked is by loading a virus into them, that passes through the security of the computer. It takes all of the files that are on the regular desktop and then it logs onto the computer at the same time. It loads that information as well. The process takes about five seconds, and can be handy when in a hurry.

One thing that the palm pilot picked up that Lippins found to be very revealing.

Marcus Donvinski

Presidential Supervisor

 

Mr. Der-Berz:

I am writting to you about a recent message that our military has intercepted from an unknown source. It will go something like this:

We are in a very good position to get them, Morrmi Venshi. We have learned many things about our enemies in the KGB and we are ready to take them out. We have assasins that will take care of Der-Berz and Derbezky for us, but on different dates and different MO’s so the murders will not arouse any suspicion in the Russian government. We have not yet set up a date quite yet, but we soon will. I want you to give me two of your best men to do the job.

Your friend,

Donald Issac

"Steven, Todd," said Lippins.

The two agents along with Roy walked over to Lippins. Lippins pointed to the letter on the screen and they all read it.

"Well, if this isn’t what I think it is," said Steven, "then I do not know what is."

"It is a stratigic letter," said Todd.

"The name is messed up," said Roy, "but I think I may be able to decipher it."

"Really?" asked Steven.

"Well, I am not the ADOC scientist for nothing now am I, Steven," replied Roy.

Steven shook his head. Roy took out a palm pilot from his nap sack and plugged it into the computer. He pushed a button and the screen on the palm pilot changed.

"This will only take a few seconds," said Roy. "My palm pilot has a special feature that filters out any and all discrepancies on files, making them clear and legible."

The palm pilot beeped and Roy unhooked it from the computer and uploaded the message.

"The name that was on there is a man by the name of Donald Isaac," said Roy.

"Aw Ha!" yelled Lippins, "I knew it was him!"

"Who is this, Donald Isaac?" asked Todd.

Lippins punched in a few keys on his keyboard and up came a picture of Donald and some information about his criminal history.

"This man is wanted in many countries, including Russia," said Lippins. "He is an international terrorist that is closely tied to SUP and the Neo-Nazi groups." The agents are in awe when they hear of this man linking the Neo-Nazis and the Socialist Union Party. "This man," continues, "must have killed these men. I need to get a hold of Paul and see what his men have come up with on this man."

Lippins dialed in for ADOC.

"Paul here."

"Paul," said Lippins, "what have you got on Isaac?"

"A lot," replied Paul, "Nathan and Dustin both went to Germany and found out that he has been keeping up secret meetings with both the Neo-Nazis and have been bragging about the killings of the two Russian agents. My friend, you must leave Russia at once, because they are aware of your presence."

"How," asked Lippins.

"There was a spy that followed you when you infiltrated the KGB HQ, and they are going to kill you tonight," said Paul. "Tell my agents to take you to our safe house on Sputnik avenue. There is a car there that you can take and get to the airport. I have reserved plane tickets for you all."

"Okay," said Lippins.

Lippins hung up.

"Take me to your safe house," said Lippins.

"Why," asked Todd.

"My life is in danger," replied Lippins.

"Get in the van," said Steven. "We will drive you there."

***

A door opened up in a garage and a black van carrying Steven, Todd, Roy, and Lippins. It stopped next to a lever. The men got out, and Steven pulled the lever and gears started turning and the doors that opened up to car stalls opened up and computers, spy equipment, a big surveillance screen, a map, and a car was shown. The car was a Volkswagen, and it was a sports car. The men walked to the car and all got in with Steven in the driver’s seat, Todd in the passanger seat, and Lippins and Roy in the back. Steven started the car and went out the door. The door shut along with all its secrets. The men sped down the freeway toward the international airport in Moscow.

While driving, Lippins noticed a car that was coming up fast from behind.

"Steven," he said, "we have a tail."

Steven looked in the rearview mirror and saw headlights coming faster toward their car. Steven sped up, but then a car bolted out in front of him and had a shooter shooting at the car from the sun roof. Steven took out his Spas 12 from the dash board and cocked it.

"Take the wheel," he told Todd.

Todd held the wheel as Steven opened the door and pushed a button on to door to bring out a platform. Steven climbed out onto the platform and shot his weapon at the shooter. The other man, however that was behind them, had a gunner shooting from the sunroof. Todd got into his dash board and got out a SIG 552. He pushed a button on the radio and switched the option to auto guide, which as long as the car in front of them did not crash, or explode, it would follow its every move. Todd opened his door, and pushed a button to bring out a platform.

"Open your door," he commanded to Lippins.

Lippins opened his door, and Todd walked out onto the plat form, and ducked behind the door, which was bullet proof. He shot a stream of bullets toward his attacker’s car.

Steven shot again, and shot out one of the front car’s tires. He nearly shot a car, when the car that he was following swerved around it. As his car was directly behind the car again, he shot at the gunman, but missed again.

Todd on the other hand had better success. He shot the two front tires up, and he wounded the driver. The gunman shot, but since the door was immune to bullet fire and all Todd had to do is duck, he could not get shot.

Steven peered over the door after a shower of bullets came toward him. He shot his Spas 12, and a direct hit to the gun man’s right knee caused his attacker to fall and drop his gun to the pavement. The gunman got back into the car, and got another gun, this time an MP35. He shot though the back window, and almost shot Steven in the shoulder, if it was not for the side mirror.

Steven shot at his attacker again, but no bullets came out. He put the gun back into the dash board and got out a grenade from the doors pocket. He pulled the pin and threw it into the gunman’s car. Steven jumped into the car and slammed on the brakes, making Todd fly forward, but got caught by the door. The car in front of them exploded when it flew into an alley. The car behind them crashed into them, and it destroyed its engine as it hit the titanium metal.

Todd looked at Steven with a scared face.

"Sorry," said Steven.

"Okay," said Todd. Steven jumped off his platform and ran toward the car behind him. He took out his hand gun and opened the door. The driver jumped out at him, but Steven shot him before he could have been stabbed by the big knife he had. The gunman got out, but Steven shot him as well. Steven got back into the car and sped off toward the airport.

***

"Brothers," said a man in front of a podium. The man is the SUP leader at a convention that will merge both the SUP, and the Neo-Nazi groups. "We are in good position," the man, who is named Michael Jones, "to bring about the merger of our two groups, the Neo-Nazis, and the Socialist Union Party. I am ready to step up, and become an avid leader for your community, and make a Germany, like the old Germany!"

People cheered when they heard this. People shouted, people clapped, people hollered, and all the people believed with this man, that it is possible.

"But," continued Jones, "two menaces are on the rise. They are the KGB, and ADOC! They plan to take down us, and break us, but with me, we are as strong as iron, and with the Socialist Union Party, we are the strongest force in the world. We can take down armies, we can take down the best military equipment that all the governments can throw at us, and best of all, we can reshape Germany, in the Germany that Hitler wanted. We can fight for our right to be free and make Germany, the Arian Germany that we once knew. With your help, and your sacrifice, we can take down the German government, and we can take them out. My good friend, Donald Isaac has already begun in destroying our adversaries. He has taken out the Communism in Russia. The Russian Socialists there are ready to conform into us. All we need to do now is hunt down Mathew Lippins, and Russia is ours. Right now, brothers, we are slowly taking over Europe, even more than what Hitler could have imagined. He wanted all of Europe, we are going to take Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, South America, and North America. It is a long and tough task, but with the help of you people, we can stop our oppression from Democratic and Republic countries, and take control and make our own government in our own image. Our friends in America are going to take out our greatest adversaries soon. ADOC will fall at our feet, and we will take them and break them into many pieces. We will take all their agents, and publicly kill them. Two men that we are going to personally kill, slowly, are Steven Goodykoontz, and Todd Dalton. We are going to make their deaths slow, and painful just like they did to us. I want you all to vote to me, and I have set up eight booths over there, and you all will go over there and vote for, or against our merger. Please brothers, this is for Deuchland!"

People cheered and all rushed to the booths.

***

Todd, Steven, Lippins, and Roy all boarded the plane to Missouri. They took their seats and moments later, the plane took off.

"You’re safe now," said Steven.

"I surely hope so," replied Lippins.

"What do we do now?" asked Todd.

"We go back to Paul, and tell him what we have," replied Steven.

"It seemed too easy," replied Roy.

"How is that?" asked Steven.

"Well," replied Roy, "the car chase seemed a bit easy. I remember you guys when you first started out, Major, that you almost lost your life on most of your car chases."

"I know," said Steven. "I thought the same thing."

"What do you think it means?" asked Todd.

"Perhaps something big is going to happen," said Lippins, "something that will change the face of the world forever."

***

"Yes, Mr. President," said Paul, who was sitting facing the window. "I see. Yes. Yes. My best, sir? Yes. Yes. Thank you, sir. Okay. Right away sir. Good day to you too, sir."

"Dustin, Nathan," said Paul into his desk intercom.

"Yes?" they both asked.

"I need you in my office, now."

"Yes, sir."

A few minutes past and the two agents walked in.

"Agents," said Paul. "I need to tell you something."

"Yes?" asked Dustin.

"The German president has just been shot," said Paul. "And in duty of this, you will have to escort the president to Germany to mourn his friend."

"Okay, sir," said Nathan.

"Good, you will be leaving now," said Paul. "So suit up, and Andy will take you."

The agents nodded and got ready.

Later, they boarded the helicopter and flew to Washington D.C.

***

The plane took a different rout. It did not take the flight across the Pacific, but instead it went towards the Atlantic. That was the only flight they had, and it was going to land in Paris to pick up some passengers.

Steven looked out his window. He saw the sandy deserts of Turkey. Roy was sitting next to him, holding his suitcase with his gadgets. Todd was sitting in the seat behind Steven. He was fast asleep. Lippins was sitting in his chair, thinking, improvising.

Steven looked, and they were over an old city. A city where the Persians fought at. He looked down and awed at the sight. The mighty arms of the old statue that has been long corroded by time.

Suddenly, an explosion sounded and the back half of the plane was ripped to pieces. The plane started into a death dive. The agents, Roy, and Lippins jumped up and slid toward the captain’s door. Steven reached for a parachute that was on the wall. He took four and threw the other three to his buddies.

The bay door was blown away by the explosion. Steven climbed to it and jumped out, then Roy, then Lippins, then Todd. The plane barely missed them. They were 20,000 feet off the ground, and the Earth was coming towards them multi-million miles an hour. Steven deployed his parachute, then Roy, then Lippins, then Todd. They saw the plane crash as they were floating, and thinking about the poor people on board. They all knew that they had all died. The four of them floated to earth and hit the sand of the desert.

"We lost all of our equipment," declared Todd.

"No," said Roy as he showed his suitcase. "I still have the weapons and gadgets that I brought along, well, some of it."

Steven looked around and saw smoke.

"A camp of some kind," said Steven. "Where there is fire, there is sure to be humans."

They all agreed, and the all set out to the smoke.

***

"The votes are in," declared Michael Jones. "The votes show that we are in favor of creating one group. We have also agreed in naming this group, the Nazi Liberation Army. We have made an army. An army of those who are fighting for the reconstruction of the Old Germany. The Germany that Hitler wanted. The Germany that was supposed to be. The Germany that consisted the whole world.

"Brothers! We have Germany by the neck, and all we have to do is squeeze. We killed their leader. Now, all we have to do is go into the streets and fight. Brothers! Gather your guns, gather your knives, and gather your hearts, because today is the day that Germany will become the Germany that it was meant to be. We are now entering an era of the fourth Reich. We are in great position to crush those under us, and chop down the ones above us.

"Comrades! The United States President is here in German soil. I have sent out a sniper to kill him. When we do, I will inform the ones in America to fight. We will then take America. When we kill the head, the body goes with it.

"Brothers, because I am your leader, and I have to keep up my stamina, I will be leaving you all for a while. I will be going to Turkey to my own city. I will make plans, and I will get money together for the biggest raid, the attack and fall of America. So, I will have to say, good luck, and good bye, my brethren."

Jones walked off and went to a waiting helicopter. The doors were shut and the helicopter went into the air going towards Turkey.

A man walked on the stage. It was Donald Isaac.

"Men," he said in a stout voice, "I am acting as leader until Leader Jones comes back. So, I will be commanding the raid tonight in Germany. Take Berlin, and we have Germany!"

The crowd cheered.

***

The agents, Roy, and Lippins came to the camp, and saw many people there. They walked up to one. The man was small, and wore desert attire, for instance, a white robe, a hat, and white pants. His face was darkened by the sun, and he had a little sunburn around his cheeks. He had a round head, and when he spoke, his mustache and beard waved.

"Do you speak English?" asked Steven.

"Yes," said the man, "are you new comers to our camp?"

"Yes," said Steven. "Can you take us to your leader?"

"Yes," replied the man. "Follow me, please."

Steven, Lippins, Todd, and Roy all followed the dirt filled man to a tent. There was a man sitting in the corner, thinking.

"Sir," said the man. "We have newcomers who want to talk to you."

"Come in, and sit down," said the leader in a calm voice. The leader was a big man. He was strong, not fat. He looked like a hard working man, and he did do chores with his people. Because of his size, he lifted heavy objects, and throughout the years, he had grown some muscles. He was worried, because everyday he has to keep his people in good working condition, and keep his people happy, because his people did not believe that their lives meant anything. "I am Scott Xavier, I lead this camp. You see, we used to live way in the east, but when this group came and took our wonderful city called Swear Terra Firma, we cannot go there. So we live our lives, but we have not got the man power to fight back. We are weak, but we are loyal. We may be in a dry spot, but we are taken care of, but most do not believe we are."

"What is the people called that took your place," asked Todd.

"They call themselves the Socialist Union Party, or SUP," he said.

The four men got wide eyed. "You mean, that is their headquarters?" asked Lippins.

"Yes," replied Xavier.

Steven, Todd, and Roy excused themselves and went to a corner of the tent.

"Roy," said Steven. "Got any explosives in your suitcase?"

"Yes," said Roy, "but why?"

"We are in good position to finally destroy SUP for good," replied Steven.

Roy showed them his suitcase, which were full of high explosive bombs, mines, and detonators.

The three of them came back.

"We will help you," said Todd.

"You will?" asked Xavier.

"Yes, we have to plan first," said Todd.

Xavier smiled and nodded his head.

So the four men were shown a place to sleep, and they planned out everything.

***

In Berlin, the president was riding in a car behind his dead friend’s in a parade. Nathan and Dustin were sitting next to his president looking around for snipers, or anyone that wished to kill the president. There were more people with the agents, but they walked in the streets.

The parade took a left turn toward a church. There was a blast, and big hit the driver. Nathan and Todd got out and readied their guns. Dustin looked up, and on a statue, there was a man with a sniper rifle. Dustin shot, but missed, so the agent gave chase when the man jumped down and ran in the streets. Nathan stayed with the president, making his lay in the car. Another secret service officer jumped in and sped off.

Dustin turned into an alley. The alley was dark, because of the buildings, and the flap that connected both buildings blocked out the sun. Dustin looked around for any sign of life, because he saw the man run down this way.

He readied his Colt .45, and waited for the first sign of life. He walked over to a dumpster, and opened it and a man jumped out at him. Dustin fell backwards onto the ground, and the man fell on top of him, chocking him. Dustin took put his hands around the man’s neck, chocked him, and knocked him out very fast. Dustin pushed him off and walked him out. He walked up to a police car.

"This is the sniper," said Dustin.

The officers cuffed him, and threw him into the car. A police took him to where Nathan and the president was.

***

There was movement in the tent where Steven, Roy, Lippins, and Todd were. Steven and Todd put on some black clothes that the camp had. The camp had the clothes to ward off any preditors that came their way. It was the only things they had to spare. So, the agents put them on like robes, and the camp gave them some weapons that they had. The weapons were not quite up to date, but they were the best that they could do. Steven took a hunting shotgun, and Todd took a WWII Russian sniper rifle. The agents walked out, and were met by two men. They were also clothed in black.

"Out leader commanded us to go with you," they said.

"Well," said the agents, "be careful."

Then, a few minutes later, 200 more men came. They were also dressed in black clothes. The leader came.

"We are ready to stand up for our old land, and we are ready to take it back," he said.

"Well," said Steven. "When we get about 700 feet away, do not go any farther, we will have to do it the rest of the way. Only we can blow the buildings."

"Don’t forget the wall," said Scott.

"And the wall," replied Steven.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" asked Scott.

"Yes," replied Steven. "I have a little bone to pick with the Socialist Union Party."

Scott shook his head, and the army moved out.

***

The army stayed behind when they saw the walls of the city 700 feet away. It was dark, and there was an overcast, so the moon could not be seen, but there were lights around the wall. Steven and Todd snuck up to the wall, and looked for an easy way in. They moved around, trying not to be spotted by the search lights, when they found a hole that was under the wall. Steven looked into it, and found that it went all the way to the other side. The agents went under it, and strafed the wall when two armed guards came by. Todd and Steven loaded a charge on the wall.

They walked a little bit forward, in the shadows and saw a great statue of a man with a giant sword. There was an inscription, "Hitler’s dream, our reality." Steven looked puzzled, but he put a charge on it. The two agents spotted a gas truck, and some gas giant gas tanks.

"Stay here," said Steven.

Todd nodded his head and Steven walked in the shadows towards it. He crept up the four stairs, and strafed the tanks. The tanks were overcast of the lights that loomed above him. There were a few guards here, but they were too busy talking about the money they got. Steven planted a charge on each four tank, and snuck quickly back to Todd.

The last thing that they were going to bomb was the housing, that the intruders made. Steven and Todd snuck in the shadows to get to it, and when they got there, they planted charges all around.

"Out of charges," said Steven.

"Let’s split," said Todd.

The two agents ran back out the hole, but they were spotted, and snipers opened fire, but missed. Todd dove and went through the hole. Bullets were flying past Steven and hitting the wall. When Todd was on the other side, Steven dove, and went to the other side, and the two agents ran to the waiting army.

"Ready to push the button?" asked Steven to Todd.

"Yes," he replied.

Todd flipped up a plastic guard around the button one the remote. He pushed the button, and then fire and debris flew everywhere. The explosion reminded the army and the agents of a lion roaring. There was screaming, and confusion.

"Look!" said one man. He was very excited about destroying the SUP base. "Look! can you see it? The fear and fire in the enemies camp?"

Then there was another explosion. Apparently, the gas tanks took a while to explode. That sound sounded like a lion.

Xavier stepped forward and put his weapon out. "Let’s go get them, boys!" he yelled. "Let’s take our promised land back!"

The army screamed. The agents and the army ran toward the city. As they ran, bullets flew and killed some men. There was a machine gunner in one of the guard towers. Todd pointed his sniper rifle and fired. He shot the gunner in the chest, and the gunner fell. When Steven got to where the man fell, he took the gun, and the ammo.

When all the men were in the city, they met terrible opposition. There were snipers that were killing some men, and there were machine gunners around every corner. However, the army had greater numbers, plus, since they saw the walls that separated them from what victory they had, they got their strength and confidence needed to fight.

Steven and Todd ran a different route. There was a building in the far corner of the city, which the city is more of a village than a city, because it was about 1,000 feet big. The agents ran in, and immediately, there were people who shot at them. Steven shot at them with the Uzi that he recovered. Steven and Todd ran side by side, with Steven on the left, and Todd on the right. Steven shot the men in front of him, and the men to the side of him. Todd shot the men in front of him, and to the side of him, as well.

When the agents were clear of any troops, they came to an elevator. They went up, but between the sixth and seventh floor, the elevator stopped.

"What happened?" asked Todd.

"I’ll check," replied Steven.

Steven shot out the ceiling, and climbed topside. He saw that put some metal beams across the walls, and it prevented the elevator from going up. The elevator did not stop, but he did not know that since the elevator was stuck on two beams, it did not stop. Suddenly, there was a crack, and then there was crushing of metal. The elevator was trying to fight the beams, and in the process it was crushing itself.

"Get out of there!" yelled Steven.

Todd jumped up to where Steven was. Steven used his Uzi to shoot out the seventh floor door. The door fell, and Steven climbed up to it.

Steven put out his arm to let Todd up.

"Grab hold!" yelled Steven.

Todd jumped, and got hold of Steven’s arm. Steven almost fell, but had complete control while he lifted Todd out of the elevator shaft.

When they were both up, the elevator broke loose, but without loosing half of itself. The only thing that was left was a folded in top, but the other parts fell to the shaft floor.

The agents were now in a hallway. Steven looked around, but found nothing. The hallway was lighted with a door opened in the back. The agents ran down the hall, masking their steps. When they reached the door, it slammed, and bullets rained from inside and went through.

When the bullets stopped, and whoever was shooting at the door had to reload, Steven broke down the door and shot at the man. Steven hit the man’s arm.

"Who are you?" asked Steven, demandingly.

"I am Michael Jones," replied the man.

"You are the SUP leader," said Steven.

"That is me," he replied.

"You are being destroyed by men that you once destroyed," said Steven. "What you destroyed has now been rejuvenated and is now taking back what was rightfully theirs."

Jones held his arm as a little blood squirted out.

"You Americans think you are so tough," he said. "With one flick of the wrist, I could kill you."

"If you really mean that, you would already have," said Steven.

The man drew his weapon, but Steven shot first and killed Jones. Suddenly, there was an explosion. Steven looked out the window, and seen a rocket man shooting at the building, destroying the foundation. The agents ran and out the door, down the stairs, and went out the building, before it fell, and killed the rocket man.

***

It was daytime. The army lead by Xavier had one, and buried their dead, and burned those who were part of the SUP. There was an overcast. The agents looked around the place, and saw broken houses, and destroyed buildings. There was still fire, and the army was trying to take it out.

"Thank you for helping us," said Xavier. Xavier was shot in the arm, but was okay. "We are indebted to you, and I give you great thanks. Is there anything that we can do for you?"

"Yes," said Todd. "We, Lippins, and Roy need a ride home.

Xavier pointed to a hanger and saw a helicopter that was undamaged.

"Thank you," said Steven.

All of a sudden, it started to rain, and all the blood, fire, and death and decay started to flow away.

"It is a cleansing," said Xavier, laughing. His men were looking up at the sky and cheering, crying, and laughing.

The agents smiled, and walked to the hanger and got in the helicopter. Todd started it up, and flew toward the old camp and picked up Lippins, and Roy.

***

"Welcome back, agents," said Paul with a happy face.

"Thank you," said Steven, who was all cleaned up.

"No," he said. "Thank you for finally killing the SUP. And better yet, it was not commanded of you. That is why I am giving you a vacation to meet the president. Plus, you too Todd."

"Thank you, sir," Todd said.

Paul smiled.

"I am glad that old ghosts finally died," said Lippins. Lippins is now part of SUP. He transferred to here, on recognition of the KGB.

"Yes," they all said.

The End



© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
Added on March 31, 2008