Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Gianna Y

I wake up the next morning, again seeing 12:35 on my clock, but this time in the afternoon. Today I get to go visit my friend Emily, who is thirteen. She is in the hospital because she has cancer. I'm not quite sure which kind, but it's pretty bad. That doesn't stand in her way though. Actually, nothing stands in her way. She is probably the most energetic person I know. The nurses call her a "strange case", not because of her cancer, but for her energy. She's like the class clown, except in a hospital.

Today, I am going to bring her a neon green bandana, and a drawing of a tiger in a rainforest that she asked for. Green is Emily's favorite color. She's a really wonderful girl. Before the cancer, she had long blond hair, like me. She has blue eyes, also like me, but hers are much brighter. They are Ice-blue, outlined in indigo, and framed in her long black eyelashes, they are breathtaking. I slip on the "protective mask" that the doctors demanded I wear so as not to get the patients sick, even though I'm not contagious anymore. I am always hoping for Emily to get better. Every night, I try to dream that she lives, but no such luck yet. I have known her since we were 3 and 4, her always being like a younger sister to me. Just then, I trip over my shoe and fall. Not surprising, judging on the dream I had last night. I was actually just wondering when it would happen. I get up, walk the rest of the way to the elevator, and press the 2 button, because that's what floor Emily's on. Room 206, only a few doors away. I open her door, expecting to see her engulfed in stuffed animals(courtesy of me) but instead seeing her lying alone on her bed, pouting and watching T.V. "The nurse took my stuffies to wash them." I laugh lightly and say, "That's okay, I brought presents!" She smiles. Suddenly, the boy from my second dream last night walks in. "Leo! You didn't tell me you were coming!" He smiles warmly. "Yeah, I know," he says, "I decided to surprise you." He places a card in her hand and a bouquet of lilies on her bedside stand. she reads the card out loud. "To my favorite cousin, Emily. Get well soon. Aww, thanks Leo!" He laughs and says, "So, are you going to introduce me to your friend or what?" She now has that famous evil grin on her face. "Yeah, Leo, this is Sahara. Sahara, this is Leo. Happy now, cuz?" Just then, I hear one of his thoughts; "Oh, wow... Sahara. Very fitting name. A pretty name for a pretty girl. More than pretty. Gorgeous. Oh my gosh.. I think I might like her! What should I say? Ugh, I'm so stupid." I frown and say, "Don't say that, you're not stupid!" For that, I get an amazed stare from Leo, and a chuckle from Emily. She knows about my little "talent". "Ok," she says, "How about something that's not weird, like presents..?" I reach into my bag and get out the bandana and the drawing while Leo stares at me with an expression of excitement, fear, and.. can it be.. Understanding? Totally saw it coming, literally. Emily looks at me with another evil smile and trades me the presents for a pen and notepad. I quickly draw a flower and write my number down, handing it to Leo with a wink and saying, "Keep in touch, Leo." I walk out the door, just as Emily busts out laughing, and Leo just standing there with an awed expression.



© 2013 Gianna Y


Author's Note

Gianna Y
I keep running out of words for "said". All suggestions are welcome! <3
-Gianna M.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it so far !!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. She can read minds too. She is totally badass. Plus she has my name! Hell, yeah.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2013
Last Updated on September 13, 2013


Author

Gianna Y
Gianna Y

Fresno, CA



About
This acct is originally from when I was in middle school :') more..

Writing
Old poems Old poems

A Poem by Gianna Y