Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gianna Y
"

I'm just trying out writing a book.. Is it good?? <3

"

Lights.. So many lights, all of them so bright I can hardly see.

I stumble around blindly on a cold flat surface until I suddenly fall over. That's when I wake up. I fell asleep with a book in my hand, and with my lamp on. Ever since I got sick, I had been getting these weird dreams. Hold on, it gets weirder- they come true the next day. I look at the iridescent green shining from my clock. 12:35. Ugh. Now comes the time when I descend into one of my coughing fits. Oh, the joys of pneumonia. I cam hear my mom getting up, probably to get my medicine. I climb down the steps of my bunk bed and walk down the hallway to the kitchen where my mom is waiting for me with a disgustingly green bottle of Ny-Quil. I've been sick with pneumonia for just over two weeks, so it's not really contagious anymore, but I still have a cough. On top of that, last month, my doctor had just told me I have "moderate asthma". Two words;What Ever. After I take my Ny-Quil and inhaler, I take an antibiotic pill that's about the size of Texas, and a swig of my mom's sweet tea. "Ok Sahara," she says. "Now go back to bed. The medicine won't help unless you get some sleep. You'll feel better in the morning. Good night sweetie." Ugh. "Mom," I complain, "I'm not a baby, stop treating me like one." "I don't care how old you are," She replies, "You'll always be my baby." I roll my eyes and walk back to my room, smiling, where my collie, Lassie, is waiting for me on the bottom bunk. Now, how to sleep without being tormented by strange dreams that come true the next day? Hmm... Well, I remember one of my friends telling me that if you think about something long enough before you go to sleep, you'll dream about it, so I'm going to think about having someone who actually understands me (also hears thoughts and has psychic abilities) likes me for who I am, and won't judge me.. (I'm sure that you get by now that I'm talking about a boy.) I wouldn't mind a cute boy either. Tonight, I actually sleep pretty well.



© 2013 Gianna Y


Author's Note

Gianna Y
I decided to use a new font...<3
Any comments or constructive criticism is always welcomed and appreciated!
-Gianna M.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my god, a story about a psychic! That sounds soo cool. BTW I love your writing style :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 12, 2013


Author

Gianna Y
Gianna Y

Fresno, CA



About
This acct is originally from when I was in middle school :') more..

Writing
Old poems Old poems

A Poem by Gianna Y