Empty Castle

Empty Castle

A Poem by Geralyn Miller

He built a beautiful castle,

set on a magnificent mountainside;

Furnished it with wonderful things

from all the world around.

Luxurious furnishings

and sumptuous fabrics,

art worthy of a museum,

books and music

of every genre'.

A kitchen built by a world class chef,

beautiful wood burning fire places,

unbelievable bathrooms,

a huge indoor pool and hot tubs.

Fresh flowers in every room,

and a staff of skilled servants

to keep it all perfect.

 

Then one day,

he woke up and realized,

his castle had become his prison.

And he was all alone

in it's hollow empty rooms.

 

© 2010 Geralyn Miller


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intriguing...you're drawn into this almost fantasy world and then *pow*

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is wonderful. It goes by the old saying "Money can't buy happiness". If you don't have someone to love or have someone to love you back then you don't have anything.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think that it's okay that you jump from a seemingly good situation to a bad one in such a short amount of time. It kind of jumped my brain awake a little and suprised me. I think it's pretty obvious why the castle became his prison, you don't need to add anything to explain it. He was alone without a family, or without a family that cared enough to spend time with him. So I like the quick jump.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Pros: You tell a good little story with good pieces of description sprinkled throughout. And the twist in the second stanza is definitely interesting.

Cons: I think you jump too fast into the second stanza. Tell us WHY he realized this, what made him realize this.

Overall: Pretty interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A tribute here to the things that matter. We can get so caught up in attaining "things" and weirdly so much is so attainable to so many, that we take the special stuff for granted. Would surely rather surround my self with family and people, we all say that, but so many of don't live that thought. Great writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is amazing :) very very good, very very like almost symbolic? if that makes sense.. :) Nice write I enjoyed this a lot :) Kept me wanting more Great GREAT write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a profoundly moving story... Your words awaken a world of wonder and then take us into the prison of isolation.. of loneliness... I only longed for more...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010

Author

Geralyn Miller
Geralyn Miller

Phoenix, AZ



About
I was born in the year of the Dragon, and am prone to roaring for amusement's sake. I have been writing poetry since I was eight. That's right, fifty years of poetry, all written in longhand. In ad.. more..

Writing
PTSD PTSD

A Poem by Geralyn Miller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..