Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Victoria
"

Drugs and Nightmares

"

The soft pitter patter of footsteps on my mommy's plush carpet awakened me from my slumber. I twisted slowly underneath the mountain of blankets I had been placed under. Was mommy awake already?

 

The exciting thought was enough to carry me from bed and into a standing position in the center of my room. There was a very quiet noise coming from outside my door. I was not scared. But I did wonder what could make such a sound. Mommy always said curiosity killed the cat. What did that mean? Who was the unfortunate kitty? And why didn't anyone tell me about it? I could have saved it if I were to have the chance. I remember explaining my reasoning to mommy. She said I didn't understand.

 

Though, it was mommy that didn't understand much nowadays.

 

"Come out come out, wherever you are," a voice sounded from the hallway outside my room. It wasn't mommy's. It was much deeper. But it sounded playful.

 

I creeped to the door and let out a giggle. The voice outside giggled too I think. My hand sleepily turned the door handle and I found myself in the darkened hallway outside of my bedroom. There was nothing outside of my door. Nothing but me. Frustrated, I stomped my foot and frowned. I must have imagined it.

 

"Hey now, it's quite alright. Come here little Des. I'll take fine care of you,"

 

Still, only blackness filled the hallway. My head swiveled side to side, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from. Just as I was about to retreat to the safety of my blanket mountain back in my room, a silvery gray figure strolled forward out of the dark. It was him. It was the scary man.

 

Mommy had warned me about him before, but I thought he was just a bed time story. One that was intended to keep me under the covers. Mommy hadn't lied.

 

He leaned in. My stomach rolled at the sight of his face. His eyes were not there. Instead, there were black pools of sticky looking fluid. It dribbled from the two small holes in his head where his eyes should have been and traced lines down to his mouth. His lips were set in a kind of grin that caused my small heart to lurch. Just then, his mouth opened. And inside were small insects of every kind. They warmed from the back of his throat and crawled slowly over his lips until they covered the most part of his face. I screamed bloody murder.

 

His mouth didn't move as he spoke his next words.

 

Hush now little Des. Its quite alright. I'll take good care of you. For you see, we are just alike, you and I.

 

 

 

    *    *    *

 

 

 

I awoke with a start, but I did not scream. That was surprising. I hadn't had a nightmare such as this one for months now. The pills have kept me going good. But lately, the pill supply was running short. Arial, Kellen, and Alex had enough of their stash left to last them at least another two weeks if they left it with me. I, on the other hand, didn't use the same meds they did. Their drug of choice was Hillbilly Heroin. More medically known as Oxycontin.

 

But the Oxy doesn't help me. My pills were harder to get a hold of. Not that Oxy wasn't. In fact, it was quite the b***h trying to find that last dealer. Ronnie had ruined that ordeal. My drug was Valium. I needed something to calm my mind. Make me think slower. Make me feel a little more detached. Something that numbed the pain. But also something that numbed the voices. I only need my own inside my head. Even I know that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Victoria


Author's Note

Victoria
This is a shorter chapter. Definitely more in the next one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool, now I see why he is into drugs. Curious to know if this monsters voice is still in his mind in his waking hours. Great description of the creepy guy and the thought process of your character, as a scared and curious child and as an adult were well drawn.
One thing though in both these chapters, your fonts and sizes were all over the place... Watch out for editing things in WC, it will turn out that way if you are not careful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Victoria

11 Years Ago

Thank you (: Only time will tell.

And as for the font. The first chapter was a total ac.. read more
Horizon K.

11 Years Ago

Got it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013


Author

Victoria
Victoria

Troy, MT



About
Im Victoria :) I usually write poems, but i do write short stories sometimes. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Victoria


Sanity Sanity

A Book by Victoria


Crush Crush

A Poem by Victoria