The Pet

The Pet

A Story by Fyre
"

it took me forever just to get it to save. i don't know what was wrong. >^<

"

Prologue

The little boy smiled, tugging his Mothers sleeve.

          “Mommy, I want that one!” he said, pointing a pale finger at a little girl in front of the puppy pen.

          “You want a puppy?” his mother asked, knelling next to him, her skin as pale as her sons.

          “No mommy, I want that one.” He said still pointing at the girl.

          “Well what are you pointing at then?”  His mother asked looking at him.

          “The one with the red hair, mommy.” He said looking over at the girl.

          “Sweetheart, she isn’t a pet. She’s a person, like you and me.” His mother explained, petting his black hair so much like her own. It was amazing how little the boy looked like his father and yet how much alike they acted.

          “Like me and mommy?” he said dropping his arm.

          “Yes hunny, like you and me. She isn’t a pet.” His mother explained gently.

          “Then can we get a puppy mommy?” he asked, looking at the adorable little pittbull pups.

          “Of course sweetheart. Which one would you like?” she asked, smiling softly at her son.

          “Mmm… that one!” he pointed at the runt of the litter, smiling as the pup barked happily.  His mother sighed in relief, thinking the pup might be smaller than a normal pittbull.

          “Alright. Let’s go ask someone to get him out of the pen okay?” his mother said standing, smiling down at him.

          “Okay mommy!” he said happily, looking back at the red haired girl as he walked away, catching her eye as her mother led her away from the puppies.

© 2015 Fyre


Author's Note

Fyre
please be gentle. >.< i hope you all like it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on March 22, 2015
Tags: story, fiction, pet

Author

Fyre
Fyre

Aberdeen, MD



About
i like reading fantasy as well as writing it. right now i'm on an anne rice binge so my writing might reflect that at the moment, but it might not. i can't tell. i hope to post something soon. :) more..

Writing