Get Out Alive

Get Out Alive

A Story by Brooklin
"

A rebellious orphan teen gets sent to a hospital for the troubled youth but little does she know it's an awful horrific place with dark secrets waiting to be revealed.

"
Sent Away (Chapter 1)

Yup, it was happening again "my family" was getting rid of me. As I was packing my stuff in my suit case all I could think was why they were so angry with me? I mean it's not like I care I'm used to people getting bored with me and leaving me I don't care if I'm alone all I really have is myself anyways but seriously angry over a little prank with the neighbor by shooting fireworks off near their house? that was some funny stuff but apparently not to my adoptive family. As I was packing I could over hear my mom and dad complaining about my behavior and how I'm such a bad kid and they don't want their precious biological children turning out like me. After hearing that I felt upset I didn't want to act they way I do but I like having fun, I love pulling pranks it's the only way to cope after.. well my parents dying in a fatal car accident. After packing all my stuff I took a deep breath and walked out of the room while slowly shutting the door. I started walking down the stairs until my adoptive  sister Amanda saw me " Looks like my mom and dad got tired of you already it's no surprise no one ever wanted you here in the first place." I just tried to ignore her and made my way half down the stairs "did you hear me you Marilyn Manson freak?" she yelled aggressively I stopped and slowly looked up at her " You know Amanda you really are the biggest barbie b***h I've ever met and I can't wait to can't away from you being here with you is like being trapped in hell I rather suffer in foster care." right as I turned around I saw both of my adoptive parents look straight at me.  s**t I said under my breath  "See guys I told you Teagan is nothing but trouble" Amanda said in a sad tone " You started it." I said angrily "No I didn't I was just telling Teagan Goodbye and that I'll miss her then she said that mean stuff about me" Amanda said in an innocent voice "She's lying guys you gotta believe me." I said trying to convince my foster parents I was right. Both of my parents looked right at me and my mother said "We wish we could believe you but we just don't know anymore."but" I said "No buts I'm so sick of this crap get in the car we're done with this behavior of yours." my father said angrily I looked at the floor then replied to my father "Okay" I said in a sad tone "Alright then let's get moving"
said my father.  As I was walking towards the car I kept thinking to myself maybe I am a bad kid maybe no one wants me all negative thoughts about myself just kept clouding my head. My parents said nothing the whole drive we just drove in silence as we pulled up to the Foster Care center my mother and father said that they hope I find a family that can deal with my issues. Issues? I thought to myself but what if no one can handle my issues? what if I have all sorts of issues and everyone will think I'm insane or something and won't want me as a child? Now I started to feel worse my parents and I got out of the car and walked into the Foster Care center they signed some paper work and talked to some social workers and went on their way I watched as they got into the car and drove they didn't even say goodbye I could feel a tear slowly running down my cheek but I quickly wipe it "No I will not cry over those prim & proper f***s I could care less" I thought to myself. 
Alone (Chapter 2)

As I was sitting all alone in the waiting room where my foster parents had left me I kept thinking to myself did I really have issues? was I really a bad kid that caused nothing but trouble? maybe Amanda was right I'm nothing but trouble I tried to hide my tears but they ran down my cheeks like a waterfall. With my head in my hands I cried silently and thinking negative things about myself all the negative things that anyone has ever said about me kept replaying like a record player in my head. As I was sobbing quietly I heard my name being called it sounded like a women "Teagan." she said loudly I looked up at her and saw she was sitting at the front desk while reading a magazine, not even looking in my direction her eyes were fixed on that magazine. I got up from the chair in the waiting room and stood up, wiping my teary eyes on the sleeve of my black hoodie and approached the women sitting at the front desk. "Yes?" I replied "Ms Brooks would like to speak to you, she's the new social worker she just started here, she's down the hall last room on the right." she said while turning the page of her magazine I walked down the wall wondering what Ms Brooks would be like if she's anything like the other social workers I had in the past then this should be good. My other social workers had quit their jobs or found better ones because they could not deal with my behavior like I said I guess you can say I'm bad news that's what everyone thinks. As I made my way to the room at the end on the right I took a deep breath before knocking "Come in!" said a happy voice I turned the doorknob then walked into the room slowly then sat in a chair next to the window and stared out the window not even looking at the lady in front of me. "You must be Teagan." she said with a smile "Nice to finally meet you, I'm Ms Brooks it's a pleasure to finally meet you I've heard such great things." she said still smiling "Great thing? was the lady on drugs?!? people complain about me all the time she must be thinking of some other person." I thought to myself  I looked at her then turned my attention to the window, watching the birds fly and eat bird seed out of the bird feeder "Well let's get to business shall we?!? she said giggling she seem like one of those happy, go lucky people something I was not. I just nodded and turned my attention back to the window "So Teagan do you know why you are here." she said again smiling this lady smiles a lot it's probably drugs I kept thinking "Let me guess my behavior?." "No silly placement! why would it be your behavior.?" she said confused "Because that's everyone's excuse it's always me." I said looking down at the ground "Well I believe there's good in everyone." she said in a happy tone I grinned maybe this lady wasn't so bad after all she's nothing like my other social workers. " Everyone makes mistakes right?" she said calmly "Yeah I guess" I replied "Don't be so hard on yourself things will turn up in the end." I felt better after hearing that she is right though I got to stay positive. Mrs Brooks sent me back to the waiting room to make phone calls and search online placements for teenagers like me but no luck I was probably in the waiting room for a good 3 hours After hours of  searching I was called back down into her office. She seemed really happy she told me she found a place called The Sun Shine Hospital for the troubled youth it's a place for teens and children who have behavioral problems work through them and get better or something like that. She found it on this sketchy website which I thought was strange but I thought nothing of it as she showed me what the place looked like it had no image which I also thought was strange It just had a little information and an address no image of the building or anything but maybe they just posted the website and forgot to upload an image or something who knows. After we were done looking through the website Ms Brooks looked at me and said "There is another option you can stay here until another foster family is available. This was a tough decision I really don't know about the hospital it seems sketchy but I also don't want to go through another foster family. I thought for a second and agreed to go to Sun Shine Hospital " Make sure your things are packed let's go!" she exclaimed I got my things ready and headed out the door with my social worker and drove off. 

 Arrival (Chapter 3)

Ms Brooks and I were driving for a couple hours now this place was really far away probably in the middle of nowhere all I was seeing outside the car window was nothing plain flat land and trees nothing was out here, not even animals or houses. "We should be there soon" Ms Brooks said looking through her mirror at me "I have the directions right here on this map we're getting close hang in there!" I just nodded and kept looking out the car window, thinking what this place would be like and how long would I stay there? Would kids my age be rude towards me like in the other foster cares I went too? Because I have no problem kicking some a*s. I was pulled from my thoughts when the car went out of the control and spun into a grassy field. Ms Brooks screamed as the car went out of control I was way too shocked and scared to have a reaction I just had a stupid expression on my face. "What just happened?!?" I asked "I almost hit a boy laying in the road." Ms Brooks said out of breath "Oh my gosh is he alright?" I asked "No..he's dead." Ms Brooks starting crying I tried to calm her down as much as possible "Should we contact the police?" I asked "No we're in the middle of nowhere plus there's no service out here we might as well go to the hospital and tell the staff that work there besides we're getting closer only 5 minutes away according to the map I printed out." Ms Brooks said as she started the car up again and starting driving out of the field I could not believe she did not want to try to contact any authorities but then again she has a point we are in the middle of nowhere it would probably take them ages to get here. But there was something not right a dead little boy laying in the road only 5 minutes from the hospital? that seemed really strange and a bit creepy I mean wouldn't the hospital staff notice a dead body only 5 minutes away from the hospital? that just proves that we are in the middle of nowhere no police, no humans, barely any wildlife, nothing.. Something was not right here I have a terrible feeling about this no stop.. I kept thinking to myself maybe the boy got hit by a car or something I told myself but I still had a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach I could feel it deep within my gut. I tried to stop thinking so negativity "Here it is." Ms Brooks said loudly I looked out of my window and saw the hospital it looked sketchy and very creepy it looked abandoned, maybe it was. The windows had bars on it and was boarded up plus it barely had any windows this place gave me goosebumps but I try not to cover a book by it's cover. As we got out of the car Ms Brooks opened the trunk so I could get my suitcase and other items we walked into the hospital it looked pretty strange inside. Plain white walls, seeming to close in all around you, there was weirdly disturbing posters on wall that said smiley face with a chelsea smile and under disturbing smiley face image was a caption  it bold letters "SMILE IT'S CONTAGIOUS!" this whole place just gives out a very unsettling vibe I walked into one of the waiting rooms and spotted lights that kept flickering on and off non stop someone should really fix that I said mentally to myself. As I went to walk out of the waiting room something caught my attention at the front desk a nurse that was wearing clown make up while smiling it freaked me out. As I kept looking at the nurse she then stopped doing paper work and looked right at me and said "What's wrong smile!" I walked slowly to Ms Brooks and whispered "Let's get out of here please." Ms Brooks then looked at me and laughed "Are you afraid of clown?" "No I just don't want to be here." I yelled the nurse then stepped out of the front desk and tried to calm me down "Get away from me!" I yelled then smacked her hand away Ms Brooks tried to calm me down telling me everything was going to be alright that I've been through a lot of stress but I couldn't calm down. I tried running out of the door but the nurse caught up to me and brought me back in "Let go of me!" It's okay honey we'll take good of you." the nurse said in a unsettling tone as she brought me into the dark disturbing waiting room "Ms Brooks can we talk in private? "The nurse said while smiling Ms Brooks went with the nurse into an office near the front desk. I waited until they both went into the office I assumed to do paperwork or talk about the dead boy laying in the middle of the road. I didn't care I was finding my way out as  quick as possible this place had creepy written all over it this waiting room, the whole entire lobby, was just unsettling! how can they send any child here?!? I need to find a way out now I quickly went through my pockets I found a lock pick. I tried to pick lock the window by climbing on to a chair but it was challenging. I tried carefully not to make any noise cause any attention to myself I got the window open I quickly tried to climb out but I could hear footsteps. I sat quickly back down on the chair and pretended I was being on my best behavior Ms Brooks came out with the nurse after doing some paperwork and probably telling the story about the dead boy laying in the road. Ms Brooks then said her goodbyes and told me to be safe "If you need me please give me a call you're in good hands." I said my goodbyes after she gave me her number and the she left.

Trapped (Chapter 4)

Ms Brooks left I waited until the nurse in the front desk was busy doing paper work in the middle of doing paperwork she slowly rose her face from her papers and looked straight at me and had the biggest smile on her face. I froze in fear and just stared at her completely scared out of my mind I was paralyzed she then slowly rose her hand and waved at me. I didn't wave back I just stared at her she started to laugh it send chills down my spine "The doctor will be with you shortly my dear." She said while giggling okay now I was officially freaked out I need to get out of here something just isn't right about this place not at all! I tried to think of a way out but my mind stuck I couldn't think then I remembered the window! I am saved!! I slowly climbed back on the chair and tried to climb out the window since it was already opened I slowly and carefully opened the window, trying not to make any sound then all of a sudden a loud alarm went off the nurse quickly made a call to the other doctors and I could hear a whole bunch of loud, running footsteps I tried quickly climbing out of the the window but one of the doctor's it was a male doctor with the same clown makeup and smile  grabbed my leg viciously as I tried to escape I quickly kicked him away and started running for my life that was until 3 more doctors came out of the entrance of the hospital and quickly grabbed me "Let me go please!" "You can't hold me against my will this is illegal!" I screamed  while trying to break free I could feel a needle go into the back of my neck then everything got blurry I started feeling dizzy as I closed my eyes I could hear them all say "we just want to fix you you're troubled you."

MY DREAM

"My Mother and Father were driving in their car on a snowy and icy winter's night a couple days before Christmas I see my Mother smiling at me while my Father is driving and smiling in the mirror at me then all of the sudden I looked back at them and they were dead. I screamed then slowly woke up I was scared to death my breathing was out of control I tried my hardest not to cry but I actually saw my parents in my dream I felt happy but at the same time confused, scared, and thankful that is was just a dream.

I looked around my surroundings and saw that I was in a small hospital room my clothes were missing I was wearing a smiley face hospital gown where are my clothes? I thought to myself looking around those twisted clown f***s... I thought to myself I saw that my suitcase and book bag were still there but everything was taken out of it of course "F**k!" I mentally yelled to myself everything of mine was gone. "Alright fuckers you want to play? Let's f*****g play!" I said out loud to myself I walked towards the door and slowly but carefully opened the door I slowly walked through the hallways trying not to make any noise trying to find a phone nearby so I could contact Ms Brooks or someone! I just needed to get the f**k out of here but not without my personal items, they belong to me not those twisted clown freaks. I kept walking through the dark hallway until I heard footsteps getting louder and louder my heart was beating out of my chest I looked around frantically in the hallway trying to find a place to hide. Until I found a closet I slowly opened the closet door and hid the footsteps stopped in front of the closet I put my hand over my mouth and nose and tried to keep quiet as much as possible. Luckily the one of the doctors started walking away from the closet and the footsteps faded away. I waited until the coast was clear I cracked the door a little but just to see if anyone else was out there. I could hear voices near the entrance it was the nurse at the front desk I can tell by her giggles I couldn't see them but I could hear them she was talking to another doctor I couldn't hear what they were saying but it probably wasn't good. All I could hear was faded voices but her giggles were loud and clear I knew it wasn't good they were planning something but what? Now I'm curious to find out.  I waited until the voices stopped  and I slowly opened the closet door and started slowly walking through the dark hallway suddenly I came across a room it was dark inside but it was unlocked I slowly opened the door and walked in there was this awful smell it smelled like rotten flesh or a dead animal I turned on the light and saw a horrifying sight before me the room was filled with rotten corpses that looked like they have been experimented on. Their faces were missing, their genitals, hair, body parts everything! I wanted to vomit I knew there was something off about this place. What if I'm next? I thought to myself  I need to find an answer as in why these people dressed up as clowns doing this to young children and teens? It didn't make sense I know I shouldn't be snooping around it's way too dangerous but I wanna know I need to know. These kids should justice as to why they were slaughtered like pieces of meat. I started walking through the room looking around in file cabinets the room smelled terrible but I needed to do this not just for the children but for me as well I need to find out their plans. As I was looking I found some little information not enough as in why these people were doing this! I looked at one of the rotting bodies and saw craved in the stomach "PERFECT" I froze and remembered what one of the doctors said to me "You need to be perfect." I wanted to scream but nothing came out of my mouth my legs were shaking horribly perfect? what could that mean? Another loud alarm went off oh no they must have figured it out that I'm not in my room I could hear laughing and footsteps I tried hiding somewhere in the room but there was no place to hide except under the rotting corpses I had to make a decision death or survival I quickly climbed into the corpses and hid piling them on top of me it was one of the grossest things I ever had to do but it was for survival. I kept quiet and heard the door opened slowly doctors all over the room looking around for me the other doctors decided to look somewhere else while one of them decided to wait in the room with the rotting corpses I found a sharp object near one of corpses one of the doctors must have dropped while running out of the room I thought to myself. I quickly grabbed the object and waited until it was the right time to jump out and stab the f****r I accidentally dropped the object I quickly grabbed it again as the footsteps started getting louder and closer. I waited until the doctor stopped he pulled me out of the corpses and tried to hold me down to give me another needle I kicked the needle out of his hand and stabbed his hand with the object he screamed in pain and I began running I ran out of the room into another room that was nearby luckily the rest of the doctors were somewhere else in the hospital. I locked the door and turned off the light switch... and sat there and began to cry.


No Way Out (Chapter 5)


I was  crying silently to myself as the doctors were looking for me I was tired, hungry, dehydrated, I had no energy left in me, all I wanted to do was cry the tears just rolled down my face I just sat in the room in the dark trying to make of a plan but I couldn't think I was too exhausted there's no way out I kept thinking to myself I'm all alone there's no other children here they are all dead, No police, No anything I'm done for. I put my head in my hands trying to think of something but nothing.. I'm stuck here. I began to cry more there's no way out of here I said silently to myself no way. I wiped my eyes with my hands and tried to stop crying after a while I did and just sat there. Until suddenly I heard voices near the door I crawled over to the door and cracked it opened a bit over hearing the one of the doctors conversation. "I just wanted to make her perfect like the others but she stabbed me! she refused my offer to help her cure her illness she is not well she's not perfect." The doctor sounded panicked and a bit pissed off I can see why I did cause him pain. "We'll just have to put her out of her misery something as non fixable as her doesn't deserve to live she's ill and will forever be ill." then they both laughed and went there separate ways. Put me out of my misery for not being perfect? So that's why they did those horrific things to those children to make them perfect? without imperfections? What sick twisted people I thought to myself. I turned on the light switch in the room and found a vent in the ceiling I looked through the window in the door to see if anyone was coming but no sight of any doctors or nurses. I  slowly climbed on to the chair in the room and use all my arm strength to climb into the air vent I crawled through the air vent to try to see were my personal items were I looked everywhere around the hospital, the bathrooms, the other hospitals room every room except the front desk,  I slowly crawled my way through the vent as I made my way to the entrance I saw the the nurse at the front desk leave her position. I quickly watched then slowly opened the vent and jumped out hurting my ankle I quickly recovered and searched for my items I found in one of her cabinets it unlocked how fortunate for me I thought to myself. As I was looking  I found my photo album I quickly looked inside of it and found red x's on the pictures off all my foster families I ever had including my recent one and in red bold ink it said "YOU NEVER EXISTED!" now I really have to get out of here   I quickly grabbed all of my items and carefully ran back to my room I put my items in book bag and suitcase then took off the stupid gown and put my regular clothes back on. I ran while carrying my book bag and suitcase as fast as I could I didn't care if they heard or saw me I just kept on running I soon heard laughing and footsteps behind me I made it to the door and just kept on running. I made it outside of the hospital I saw Ms Brooks car outside of the hospital my stomach had knots in it I ran over to her car and saw her face was missing and so were her limbs and everything else on her body. I felt sick I quickly threw her body before apologizing for throwing her body out of her own car and got in shutting and locking all of the doors  I tried starting it but it wouldn't start I tried looking around the car for something sharp to protect myself I found a knife deep into Ms Brooks body I pulled it out the doctors came out with axes and knives. One of the doctors popped all of the tires on the car and they kept slashing the car breaking the window shield and putting dents in the side of the car then I thought of it I have to distract them by doing something since they were all near the car I decided to hit the horn as hard as I can. It was worth a try I slammed my hand against the horn and they all covering their ears while backing away from the car I kept my hand on the horn while quickly trying to unlock one of the doors. I managed to unlock one of the doors and made a run for it I just kept running and running deeper and deeper into the dark night in the middle of nowhere barely hearing any laughter or giggling anymore maybe I finally lost them. I'm free I thought I''m free.

The Escape (Chapter 6)

 I found the road that Ms Brooks & I found with the dead little boys body was laying in the middle of the road. I started walking to catch my breath it was over I thought to myself it was all over the nightmare has ended. I calmly starting walking on the side of the road when I heard a car engine behind it wasn't far behind. I thought to myself maybe this person can help me but then I thought could it be one of them? I just kept walking I didn't pay any attention anymore I was too exhausted I just wanted to get away and find help badly. Then I heard the car getting closer and closer I started picking up the pace to a light jog  then the car starting getting faster every time I sped up so did the car it was obvious someone was not finished with me yet. And I think I had an idea of who it was it had to be one of the doctors I began to ran full speed while trying to look back to see who was behind the wheel my feet were getting tired and my legs were cramping I was in a great amount of pain I ran into the woods I quickly looked around to see if there was a place I could hide I found a ditch and quickly ran over and went climbed inside of the ditch, covering myself with dirt and leafs hoping not to be seen. I heard footsteps coming my way I stood still in the ditch while dirt and leafs were piled on top of me the footsteps came closer and closer I decided to take a peek to see who was behind the wheel of the car. I slowly rose my head from the ditch without making any sudden sounds. I looked up and seen who the culprit was it was the nurse at the front desk all along! I could tell it was her because of her long red hair and her clown dress and make up. I waited for her to come closer to the ditch while she was taunting me, telling me to come out and play. As she came closer I quickly grabbed the knife that I hid in my pocket that was implanted in Ms. Brooks deceased body. I held the knife in my hand then when she stepped close to the edge of the ditch I sprung out and stabbed her in the leg. She yelped in pain then slowly starting giggling and then to full on laughter she then stood up fully and looked straight at me while turning her head to the side "No, no, no that's not how we play that wasn't fair." She said in a playful yet creepy voice she kept on smiling and then charged at me with a knife she pulled out of her nurse uniform at full speed she ended up stabbing me in my hip I fell to the ground. She began to laugh, a very sinister laugh she rose her knife up aiming for my chest but I rolled my body out of the way and quickly pulled the knife out of my pocket while holding on to my wound to make sure I didn't bleed the death. She ran full speed with her knife aiming straight towards me I rose my leg up with every strength I had left in my weak defenseless body and kicked her full force in the face. I get up and run from her but she arose from unconsciousness and then grabbed my foot to keep me from getting away. I tried kicking her off of me but I had no energy left in my body "This is it, I thought to myself I'm finished". I kept trying to get out of her grip as best as I possibly can when I thought of something I starting to slip off my shoe, the nurse had a confused look on her face I eventually got the shoe off of my foot and ran but I was getting weak. Blood was still coming out of my body I had to do something quick. Before it was the end of me I hid behind the tree waiting for her, I held my hand pressing down on the wound gently I took off my hoodie and wrapped it around my hip area to try and at least stop the bleeding. I leaned against the tree, waiting to hear footsteps but I heard nothing then I heard some leafs crumpling "she's nearby" I thought to myself. I stood there waiting for her to come closer I slowly grabbed the knife that was in my pocket and held it in my other hand while patiently waiting for the perfect time to stab the twisted b***h. The footsteps came closer I held the knife tightly in my hand she came closer and I sprung out from behind the tree and stabbed her directly in her heart. As she fell immediately to the ground I kept stabbing and stabbing while sobbing. I looked through her uniform to see if there was any bandages, but there wasn't any expect for tape which was odd I began sobbing loudly and swearing out loud now I was screwed. I'm going to die.... I quickly thought of an idea I could use the nurses sock as a bandage I took her high heel off and then took her sock off I ripped the sock to fit the length of my wound and used the tape to hold it in place. "Hopefully it works" I thought to myself I slowly made my way out of the woods, while on I was halfway out I stumbled upon my shoe. I put it on and continued my journey out of the woods and out of this horrid place. I made my way towards the road I walked over to the nurses car and entered inside of the car I started up the car and went on my marry way. I was still getting weaker I needed to check in to a hospital but I was glad I was finally free at last! I drove for about an half an hour but I had to pull over I was getting dizzy "I'm dying" I thought to myself I stood in the middle of the road trying to get someone's attention. Eventually a car appeared and they saw me and immediately stopped everything got blurry and I ended up pasting out on the road.


Free At Last (Chapter 7) 


I slowly began hearing voices and I began opening my eyes. People dressed in aqua uniforms were all around me. My vision was settling in and so was my hearing then it hit me I was in the hospital. I regained consciousness and everything became clear I remembered everything that happened, I remembered the Sunshine Hospital, I remembered Ms. Brooks, I remembered those horrific cruel experiments those twisted f***s did to innocent children.. I remembered everything. Private investigators came into my room, asking me a bunch of questions the major question was what has happened to me I tried telling them the full story but they all just looked at me in confusion and said that place was abandoned there was no sign of anything there anymore and if there was something it was long gone now. Where ever they were, they were still out there, waiting for their next victims and if they come back for me I'll be ready.





The End

© 2017 Brooklin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on June 1, 2017
Last Updated on June 1, 2017
Tags: Horror, Thriller, Creepy, Bloody, Gore, Clowns, Hospital, Short story

Author

Brooklin
Brooklin

About
Writing is my passion more..

Writing