Humans

Humans

A Poem by Fraser Murray
"

I wrote this in Copenhagen and I'm not sure where the ideas came from but I'm pretty pleased with it so here it goes...

"
The geometry's not sacred but the beauty's far from wasted on me, ascension from existence so basic to a place we're almost faceless, far from free, we worship things that chain us, and sustain ourselves with facebook and tweets, we live a lie and spare no time for strangers passing in the streets, and this divide; the hole inside, we fill while naked under sheets, this false connection, subtle tension, isn't how we're meant to be, just bastardise; behind the eyes I see you know that you're not free, and it's no stretch to say we know that we can never find the key, in spite of evidence, the sights and scents and feelings, we dispense a comfy narrative while the answers lie in peeling back delusion, wounds so sensitive we stagger on in darkness, seek seclusion, while we whinge about the source of our exclusion from the mainstream, we cry out but in this endless void nobody hears you f*****g scream.

© 2018 Fraser Murray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on December 24, 2018
Last Updated on December 24, 2018

Author

Fraser Murray
Fraser Murray

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
21 Year old from Brighouse, West Yorkshire, been quietly writing lyrics and poetry for a long long time but my lack of confidence held me back from sharing any. @frasermurraypoetry on Instagram for v.. more..

Writing
Filth Filth

A Poem by Fraser Murray


Pain Pain

A Poem by Fraser Murray





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5