The Dark

The Dark

A Poem by Fraser Murray
"

Something I wrote in the notes on my phone at some point in the past couple of years...pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.

"
There are cracks in the world where the dark seeps through and if you stand too long you'll be darkness too, when your feelings change and your mind rearranges maybe you'll find you're surrounded by strangers; I've been wandering, pondering death since the age of 15, not many people would miss me, I want a way out but I feel it's too risky, if I stay about maybe they can forgive me for hiding away and pretending I'm busy when really I'm scared and I'm cold and alone, but I still lack the courage to pick up the phone; it must seem like I think that I sit on a throne when the truth is I hate every feature I own from the thoughts in my head to the shape of my bones, see I tried to cry out and if only they'd known that I'm drowning in irony; as far as my eyes can see the vultures wheeling over me are getting closer constantly and if my friends remembered me, they'd maybe form a rescue team to haul my body from the sea and shock my heart to make me breathe, but no one comes and so it seems the feeling of joy is confined to dreams.

© 2018 Fraser Murray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on November 28, 2018
Last Updated on November 28, 2018
Tags: Mental Health, Isolation, Self-hate

Author

Fraser Murray
Fraser Murray

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
21 Year old from Brighouse, West Yorkshire, been quietly writing lyrics and poetry for a long long time but my lack of confidence held me back from sharing any. @frasermurraypoetry on Instagram for v.. more..

Writing
Filth Filth

A Poem by Fraser Murray


Pain Pain

A Poem by Fraser Murray