School Days - Schedule 1

School Days - Schedule 1

A Chapter by PainTheEleventh

Blue sea of the morning spread out to the sky at that time of the day. Beautiful scarlet radiant of the sun  shone down upon the dark streets of Area 13. Fresh piles of air swarmed around the trees and birds around the schools which provides shelter for young students. Along with the howling wind are dusts and leaves that had roamed the corners of the mysterious Regios. 

The warm streaks of sunlight pressed against his cheeks. He tossed and turned, searching for a spot where the light could not reach, even so, the warm presence of it made him annoyed. He lied down peacefully, not minding the chatters and footsteps dancing around outside. Though it means it should be the perfect time to be busy. 

He reluctantly got up and wiped his face from sweat.

The flowing curtains on his window caught his attention as the cool breeze glanced on his hair. Wonderful smell of vital leaves and the rude smell of perfume.

All of these are wonderful.

So wonderful for a lie.

The knock on the door is mainly why he got up. He made up his mind not to go to school but this person just keeps on urging him.


"Justin! We're late!" the knock on the door became louder, louder that it sounded like drum rolls inside his head, forcing his brain to explode.


"DAMN IT ALL!" he shouted across the room.


The knocks stopped and the shadow of this certain person remained static outside.

He scoffed.

"I know, I'm going out,"

It seems that the young man is already prepared and ready for school. He wore his polo underneath his black trench coat with a crest of Area 13. He picked up his bag, not even bothering to tidy up his bed before going.

He opened the door and what welcomed him is a cute young girl, smiling happily. "Good morning, Mr. Lazy pants,"


He snorted. "Anicka..."


In front of him was his childhood best friend along with Jacob, their other friend.

She looked pretty in their school uniform. She wore a white blouse and short black skirt, a pair of knee sock and brown leather shoes. Her chocolate brown hair was tied into a ponytail.

  

"Where's Jacob?" he muttered, sounding like he didn't actually want to say what he said.


She smiled. "He's already at the gym, he wakes up early, and he-"

"Stop." He interrupted. With a hint of annoyance in his voice, likely not wanting to hear what she was chatting about. 

When I ask about him, answer only my question. He thought. 

They walked for a few minutes in the hallway heading for the gym. Random thoughts pop inside Anicka's mind of course, and he would share it with him though he doesn't have any slightest idea of what she was saying all the time.

His attention was caught by a girl walking past through them. His head followed her trail, she was going back. The wrong way. Anicka shifted her attention to the girl who passed by. And she also, was entranced and stunned by the eyepatch covering the left eye of the girl. Raven black hair, and pitch black eyes, almost like a void. No one these days inside the Regios would look like that. She walked past through them like she had seen nothing. 

"That girl..." Anicka mumbled, still entranced at the mysterious girl. "She's so beautiful..."


Justin jerked and tapped her, making her twitch a little.


"Let's go," he said. Not to mention, he was also stunned by her looks. Is she a new student? This was the first time he saw her, anyway.

Anicka suddenly stopped. 

"Um!" she shouted for the girl but she did not respond. "Um! The gym is headed that way! And we're also going there... You will be caught by the Selection Committe if you don't head there..." she added. The girl stopped. Both Justin and Anicka waited for her answer. She only twisted her head and stared at them. 

Her pitch black eyes were charming than before, assuming that the sunlight was reflected in it. Her almond eyes glared directly at them. But they, did not respond anything. 

The girl turned away from them and continued walking to where she was going. 

"Let's go," he growled. Why did she glare at them when they're just being kind? 

They finally reached the gym with their minds cleared by that girl's first impression. Or not. 

*****

Students, please sit quietly and wait for the chairman of the Selection Committee to arrive. Thank you. 

The gym was swarmed with different kinds of students, with different kinds of personality. And different kind of pain. 

Anicka looked around, searching for someone. 

"Yo!" shouted from afar by a voice. Anicka turned to its direction and smiled happily, which to Justin's dismay. 

She always turn suddenly happy and radiant to see that Jacob. Why is that? 

He tapped Justin's shoulder, he looked like he wants to shove it away from him and so he did. "Yeah..." he muttered. 


"So rude," Jacob muttered and waved at Anicka, she waved back. 


Students, please sit down now. The chairman has arrived.

Everyone sat down harmoniously. 

A voice started to sound on the mic. "Students of the Area 13, I am very glad to see you so healthy and progressive, my dear children... " He introduces. 

Pathetic, Justin thought while staring at the window outside, not listening to the announcement of the said chairman. Once again, he did not listen. Or did he ever? 

F*ck this s**t, I never wanted to be here in the first place. His face grimaced and his fist clenched that his nerves were crackling like fireworks. If only it did not happen that night... 


"There will be a certain game intended only for you... My dear children... It will be lots of fun and excitement... As well as mysteries..." 


The word 'mystery' caught Justin's attention. Mystery? It triggered his insides that he felt like listening. 

"Inside the Regios of Area 13, a Gem is hidden, it could be in the other school, or in the other, or in the other, you wouldn't know. That Gem serves as a millenium key, a key to your freedom, a key that will open the Regios and set one free. But, the Gem can be only opened to one person. And that deserving person will be the one freed from the Regios. The one who finds it will surely receive the price of eternal happiness." he paused for a while.


And for sure, it really had caught all of Justin's attention. He desired everyday of his life to be free and get away from the hell he always lived. There was a moment of silence inside the gym, everyone was astounded by the announcement. Everyone became desperate, with minds not set at ease, hearing the news of this particular gem. A key to their freedom that they had always dreamed of. To set out of the Regios and feel the real sun, the real wind, the real moon, and the real meaning life.  

Free from the Regios? he muttered to himself. 


Anicka stared at him for a while, amazed that he was really putting his attention in that type of message, she only smiled. Then she shifted back to the chairman. 

"You can do whatever method you want." The chairman finished.


                                                 You can do whatever method you want

 

These words rang inside his head like a voice whispering into him.

Doesn't he mean... We can hurt each other? His eyes widened at his theory. A theory that wasn't expected to come true.   

 



© 2012 PainTheEleventh


Author's Note

PainTheEleventh
Please Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on May 25, 2012
Tags: action, gore, blood, school, life, slice of life, students