Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Minyonka

            “Does it hurt, Yugi? Because it only gets worse from here,” Seto taunted.

 

“Kaiba, we can’t continue this duel. There’s another power at work here and it’s destroying us both,” Atem yelled.

 

“That’s getting a bit old.”

 

“No, that Pyramid of Light has created a deadly shadow game. I know you sense it. We must stop now!”

 

“He’s right! I sense it too and right now, Ebony is locked within the Millennium Puzzle, trying to fight off this other force. Kaiba, you must stop this before it’s too late. WE both know you can sense this darkness,” Asenath yelled.

 

“I’ve heard enough. The only thing I sense is your fear, Yugi, not that I blame you. But I came here to win and stopping is not an option! For all the times you humiliated me in a duel when, clearly, I should’ve been champion. For all the times I had too listen to you preach about the Heart of the Cards! You’re going down, Yugi, and my Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon is gonna put you there,” Seto yelled.

 

“Kaiba, once again, your ridiculously over-inflated ego blinds you to the truth. I am far from beaten! I play Monster Reborn to bring back Dark Magician Girl,” Atem yelled and the girl appeared on the field.

 

“Next, I reveal my facedown card, Sage’s Stone! When the Dark Magician Girl is on the field and Sage’s Stone is played, it allows me to automatically summon Dark Magician!”

 

“Big deal,” Seto said.

 

“Oh, it’s a very big deal. For now I sacrifice both magicians to summon the Sorcerer of Dark Magic. And with his rise to power comes your Blue Eyes’ fall from grace. Because for every one of my Sorcerer’s fallen comrades in the graveyard, your dragon loses 500 points! And right now, there have been three magicians laid down to rest so your precious Ultimate Dragon’s power decreases by 1500 points,” Atem explained.

 

“But that means my Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon is vulnerable to attack!”

 

“That’s exactly what it means! Attack with Celestial Blast!”

 

The Blue Eyes was destroyed, causing Seto’s life points to drop to 2100. I could see his life energy leave his body.

 

“Now, will you stop this madness,” Atem asked.

 

“After one lucky move? I don’t think so,” Seto answered and drew his next card.

 

Yugi drew a card as well.

 

“Very well, Kaiba, you leave me no choice. I move to attack Peten the Dark Clown!”

 

“No. I’ll have no monsters on the field to defend my life points,” Seto said through clenched teeth.

 

“Sorcerer, Celestial Blast attack!”

 

Peten was destroyed in seconds.

 

“You may have destroyed my clown, but you forge about my Deck Virus trap card! And at a time you couldn’t afford to! Your deck’s about to be wiped out!”

 

The Sorcerer stood in the way and destroyed the plasma-like tentacles.

 

“What,” Seto exclaimed.

 

“Sorry, Kaiba, but my Sorcerer of Dark Magic’s mystic powers are so mighty; he can stop the activation of trap cards, like your Deck Virus, and destroy them. My deck is safe,” Atem answered.

 

“But your life points aren’t.”

 

Seto drew a card and smirked. He then began chuckling darkly and I frowned.

 

“I activate the magic of Monster Reborn.”

 

The Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon appeared behind Seto.

 

“Then, I’ll sacrifice my reborn Ultimate Dragon to summon a new monster” he continued.

 

“What?!”

 

“That’s right. You see, I have an even more powerful monster, compliments of Pegasus. A shiny new dragon, the Blue Eyes Shining Dragon!”

 

The Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon crumbled, giving way to Seto’s new dragon. It flew in and lit up brightly. It was beautiful.

 

“And for every dragon in my graveyard, the Blue Eyes Shining Dragon gains and additional 300 attack points. That’s an extra 1500 attack points right off the bat, for a punishing grand total of 4500 points.”

 

“Whoa,” I whispered.

 

“But don’t forget, due to my Sorcerer’s power, your new dragon’s attack points decrease by 1500,” Atem yelled.

 

“I don’t think so, thanks to my dragon’s Shining Diffusion,” Seto answered.

 

“What?! You’re points didn’t decrease?!”

 

“Exactly. That’s because my Blue Eyes Shining Dragon allows me to choose which magic, trap or monster effect cards can be used against him. Just face it, Yugi. Your days as a champion duelist are over. My Shining Dragon is gonna blast you back to the minor leagues where you belong! Now, hit him again, Blue Eyes. Shining Neutron Blast,” Seto yelled.

 

The attack completely destroyed Atem’s Sorcerer, causing his life points to drop to a mere 200.

 

“How do you like it? The pain, the sting of defeat? I felt it for too long,” Seto said.

 

Atem fell to the ground as more of his life energy was drained.

 

“Now it’s your turn,” Seto finished.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on November 11, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka