Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Firework

Chapter Two

1 YEAR LATER

          Death. Isolation. Hopelessness. These are the things that were now common to the human vocabulary. No one would have guessed that a year ago the world would be normal and prosperous with simple issues like global warming and who would be the next president. And yet now, things like going green and elections didn’t seem to matter at all. When you could very well be one of the last humans on earth, who hasn’t turned into a flesh eating zombie, then it definitely makes one feel alone.

          It wasn’t always like this. In the beginning, Quila was suppose to set the human race free of the fears of getting sick. It was suppose to make us all live longer and have better lives than we use to. But things aren’t always what they seem.

          Quila. A year ago was thought of as a life saving drug. It helped keep people from getting life threatening diseases as well as common illnesses. Cancer was a rare condition and could be cured with the help of Quila. But what started out as a time of medical advances ended up dragging the world into an apocalypse.

          The drug was successfully tested in controlled labs but when it hit the real world and ninety five percent of the population was vaccinated with it, things went downhill fast. The vaccination was cheap and even given out for free at special clinics making it available to everyone. When most of the population had gotten the vaccine, things started happening that couldn’t be controlled.

          Instead of people living longer and having more prosperous lives, they were slowly turned into some sort of vampire zombie that fed on the flesh of any living thing it could find. Normal human instincts disappeared and were replaced by more animalistic tendencies until eventually these mutated humans didn’t even act like humans at all. The mutated humans gained an enhanced sense of smell but their vision became weaker and very sensitive to light which made them stay hidden during the day and come out at night to hunt like nocturnal predators.

          It didn’t take long for the mutated humans to attack and kill most of the population of the world that either didn’t mutate or didn’t get the vaccine, leaving fewer and fewer survivors and hordes of zombie humans running around feeding on animals, normal humans and even the zombie humans when their food supplies were low.

          The effects of the drug spread so fast that there wasn’t much the world could do to fight back. Military, Navy Seals, Army, Marines, and SWAT teams were called in to try and fight against this deadly spread but it was no use. There were too many to fight off and eventually the world began to look very bleak.

          There were whispered rumors of reservations set up in a few different states across the US where survivors were gathering and where it was safe from the zombies. But that was a last hope and it was almost impossible to travel anywhere with the zombies running around, which left most people alone and secluded.



© 2011 Firework


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011


Author

Firework
Firework

MO



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Firework


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Firework


Chapter Four Chapter Four

A Chapter by Firework