He makes it look so simple

He makes it look so simple

A Poem by Fin Buckley
"

"The same hands that kindle fire and move oceans and release lightning and they’re touching you as if his own heart were in his hands."

"

It’s different when he does it. Movements like a breeze before the rain, thick and warm and oh so very knowing. He is the final warning before it all comes crashing down, in sheets and waves and gusts that threaten to blow you away. That crumple your clothes against your body like a prison, and you are nothing more than a bird in a cage, crying in his living room. He makes it look so simple, though.


He knows that his smile is sunshine and his laughter is thunder and his rage is strong enough to break this world like an egg against a skillet; he knows and you know that he does. And he knows that you love it when his hands cradle your face like it is the most delicate thing he’s ever touched, his thumb grazing skin as if he’s caressing the feathers of a frightened bird. Soothing and hesitant, frightened and aware. The same palms that kindle fire and move oceans and release lightning and they’re touching you as if his own heart were in his hands.


And every night you watch him pick stars from the sky as if he were plucking flowers from a field, cupping them in his palm for you to marvel over. He paints your name into clouds and etches your face across galaxies, all because he knows you both love it. You can’t move mountains or control weather or alter reality for him, but you can leave love letters and gifts and surprises and you know he loves that even more than any of those things.


He makes love look so different than what you’re used to, and he makes being in love look so very, very simple.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on August 14, 2017
Last Updated on August 14, 2017
Tags: poetry, prose

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley