Whisper on the Wind

Whisper on the Wind

A Poem by Fallen_Immortal
"

A poem about separation from a loved one, but always looking on the brighter side.

"

Which way does the wind blow?

Please carry my song

All the cold night long.

Carry it all the way back home.

 

How far does the wind blow

When I call your name?

Nothing stays the same,

But life hurts when you’re alone.

 

Does the wind blow across the sea?

Call to me.

Don’t let me be.

Our star will never lose its light.

Every night,

Just hold on tight.

 

How hard does the wind blow?

Please carry my cry.

Never let it die,

And never let it go.

 

How loud does the wind blow?

Whisper on the breeze,

Make it ‘cross the sea.

There are things my lover needs to know.

 

Can my heart sail across the sea?

Comfort me

And never leave.

Then my heart will be brought to life.

Hold me tight.

Make it alright.

 

Which way does the wind blow?
Please carry my song

All the cold night long.

Please bring it all the way back home.

© 2008 Fallen_Immortal


Author's Note

Fallen_Immortal
This was simply a poem that I wrote during a hard time to keep me going, so I do not need huge critiquing, as I am not looking to improve it. I would just like to get feedback on how it really is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A fine example of what love is: unselfishness... the holding on each day through the mundane to learn to appreciate love's simple beauty. I liked very much the line about 'our star'; quite lovely. I admire an off-kelter rhyme scheme in personal poems; such always seems more real then iambic pentameter. Nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A fine example of what love is: unselfishness... the holding on each day through the mundane to learn to appreciate love's simple beauty. I liked very much the line about 'our star'; quite lovely. I admire an off-kelter rhyme scheme in personal poems; such always seems more real then iambic pentameter. Nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Home is sometimes too far away for our own good. And usually, home is inide of someone we love and when we're apart, well, we end up homeless. The wind is a reminder of feeling something that we cannot see. And it's a great form of transportation. So, I liked your poem and I hope that your message made it home.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This sure is nice piece you've created after the hard expereinces... We all write from our hearts to pour the negative feelings out, so we can move on...

From what I see of this writing... I truly do believe that it's a great inspiration piece for the readers who are in the need to look at the positive things... And I believe it would help the others as well...

On the other hand, it's a very well expressed, not just from your mind, but from your heart, so keep it up and you'll find everything much easier to move on. So, it's all still great tho...


Posted 15 Years Ago


The sense of longing is eloquent and deeply felt, beautifully expressed words. I sometimes think the wind speaks the voice of the soul with haunting emotion.



Posted 15 Years Ago


A sad yet not too unhopeful poem.. something felt very strongly, i think..

it's beautifully written.. fine meter and flow.

won't say more, just that it's a lovely read, somehow tranquil.

thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A masterful work!!!!!!! I enjoyed every word, and could feel the mood of it. You have taken a simple everyday reality like the wind and woven it into a living character. The rhythm and imagery jumps out an grabs the reader. I could not think of a better featured piece on any writers site. Keep on writing such revealing and powerful poetry. I hope to see you get a noble, you are just that good!. Great things lay in your future. Be encourage and write, write,write!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have some talent for setting a poetic scene, young one, I guess i'd suggest you read a lot of poetry to and continue to write to find your own style.

I love all that you did with the 'Which way does the wind blow?' line, I thought it was very sweet. the rhyming is pretty if a bit simplistic. Nice job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I liked it! For myself, as I was reading it, it kinda had a chanting feel to it that was very pleasing to read out loud. Great expression of feeling!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I Like it. It does express a painful feeling but when i read it also seemed to sound very hopeful. Maybe it just depends on what mood your in when you read it. =D


Posted 16 Years Ago



I felt your pain! Great poem, love it!
A great person once said "tough times never last, but tough people do!
You showed your toughness in this piece!
Not only could I hear your heart but I could also feel the pain in your soul across this sea!
Keep writing not only from a artistic point but to also heal your soul!
Good luck with all your future work!
TIM

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2008
Last Updated on October 3, 2008

Author

Fallen_Immortal
Fallen_Immortal

About
I'm a young girl, seeking to better understand my own writing before I can accomplish all that I wish. My dreams are vast and many, yet I have found that I am not ready to obtain them. I have much mor.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..