First Casualty

First Casualty

A Poem by FallenAngel527

As the days go by and the birds fly free, many live their lives in a false reality.
They let themselves believe what they see and hear; they're desperate for knowledge and unwilling to face fear.
Many are afraid to look death in the eye, while denying their fears allows them to die a little inside.
When going through a trial, you can let it penetrate your heart, or harden it to keep the demons from tearing your soul and sanity apart.
Your life, your decisions; they affect more than you can fathom. Most of us don't realize the value of our true happiness even while we have them.
Life is one of the cruelest teachers I have ever had; it gave me the tests first and the lessons last.
Slowly, but surely, I'm losing it all; I feel the happiness and peace in my life taking a long freefall.
My soul is hardening; my sanity silently shouts. The cracks in my heart allow everything and everyone in it to slowly fall out.
I feel the inevitable change transforming who I was before; I feel my battles leaving their scars to tell the story when I can't anymore.
No matter how I put it to you, it will never make sense, but to better understand, know that the first casualty of war is innocence.

© 2015 FallenAngel527


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on August 6, 2015
Last Updated on August 6, 2015

Author

FallenAngel527
FallenAngel527

About
Speak the mind in a poetic rhyme not just to pass the time, but to express and unwind more..

Writing