My Alternate Sadistic Kind (M.A.S.K)

My Alternate Sadistic Kind (M.A.S.K)

A Poem by FallenAngel527

Like most would do on Halloween, we'd wear a mask to be a person or a thing that we aren't usually,
But do you wear one so you can hide what is on the other side? Another side that you have on the inside that divides you like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?
It's not uncommon to hear that most of us fear how we would appear to our peers and the ones we hold dear.
It's worn to protect them so it won't affect them to a point where we're rejected, disconnected or projected as more than defected.
The main difference with those who wear it is what we have to bear; what most wouldn't dare to share or just scared for the unprepared.
It could be our best friend or worst enemy; the complexity of its identity are incidentally formed either chemically, mentally or even manifest destiny.
How we choose to cooperate with or tolerate it is based off how it is incorporated in our moderated or complicated lives.
The level of comfort is great when the mask is lifted; like the weight has been shifted straight off my face, can you relate?
This mask is about to break so I must take it off and I won't make another; I need to relieve this ache and stop being fake. Please do not forsake, for it is time for me to be awake.

© 2015 FallenAngel527


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on August 6, 2015
Last Updated on August 6, 2015

Author

FallenAngel527
FallenAngel527

About
Speak the mind in a poetic rhyme not just to pass the time, but to express and unwind more..

Writing