Trust

Trust

A Poem by EvolutionMan

My mind abandons me tonight .It does not comfort me with fragrant smells nor gentle sounds. It does not warm me with heart's embrace or will's desire to accompany my presence throughout this journey.
Instead, It offers thick rivers of life's disillusions. So, I wait and watch in horror as my canvas is painted with the same broken images, over and over again. In the distance my "would be" allies approach ... buoyant with betrayal...brushes concealed.
I stand alone,weapon in hand, with only my scars and bleeding wounds to comfort my convictions. The task at hand demands more than I possess ...I can not fail. 

© 2011 EvolutionMan


Author's Note

EvolutionMan
Trust is earned,not given. On this day it was stolen.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a place I know well, and one I'd like to never venture to again, and one I undoubtedly will revisit at some point in time whether I want to or not.I like the line 'bouyant with betrayal... brushes concealed"... just don't let anyone paint you into a corner who hasn't shown you the color of their soul.
Second stanza: there are many types of weapons. The deadliest are the ones we use against ourselves without realizing it until it's almost too late.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011

Author

EvolutionMan
EvolutionMan

wewoka, OK



Writing
She She

A Poem by EvolutionMan