A Bit Of A Punch Line In Last Night's Leaf's Win

A Bit Of A Punch Line In Last Night's Leaf's Win

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

A recap of the San Jose/Toronto game.

"
 Last night's San Jose Sharks/Toronto Maple Leafs game had a bit of a punch line.
Seconds after the opening face off, San Jose's Joe Thornton and Toronto's Nazem Kadri went at it at center ice.
During the altercation, trying to grab Thornton's jersey, Kadri, instead, grabbed his beard and pulled a chunk out of it.
Oouch!
The incident was all over the sports news this morning.  The incident was even mention on CBS Sports syndicated radio show, Boomer and Gio.

As for the game itself,  it was a close see saw battle.
Toronto opened the scoring with a goal by Auston Matthews at 18:37 of the first period.
Just 29 seconds later, Brendan Dillion tied the game.
In the second period, Kadri put the Leafs ahead 2-1 at 12:40.
Chris Tierney tied the game 2-2 at 18:18 of the (second) period after a really bad give away by Leaf's goalie, Frederik Andersen.
Andersen made up for the bad give away by putting on a stellar performance in the third period.
Andersen stopped 33 shots in last's night's game.
There was no scoring in the third (period).  As a result, the game went to overtime.
With just a little over two minutes to go in O.T., the Leafs took a bad penalty.
I thought for sure the Sharks were going to score and win the game.
The Leafs, however, managed to kill the penalty and force the game to go to a shoot out.
Tyler Bozak scored the winning goal in the shoot out to give the Leafs the 3-2 victory.
Toronto hosts the Vancouver Canucks tomorrow night.

© 2018 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 5, 2018
Tags: Sharks, Maple Leafs, NHL

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing