Tragedy #2 False Compass

Tragedy #2 False Compass

A Story by EndlessHorizons
"

The lost rely on the damned

"
It's not just in a far away city. It's also not just in the neighbors home nor in another state. They close their eyes because to admit to it is far worse. Men, women, and even adolescents get lost, as they start to feel hopeless. Their problems no matter how small, start to devour them. 
They get pushed into a giant hole and escape seems so far away. So far down that the darkness starts to blind them. Naturally anyone would start to look for help but they ask the wrong people. Stories can be used as away to escape the sadness but not for these people. The help that they choose comes in various forms. Sometimes a pill or maybe a needle, it can also be inhaled. Pick your poison but they don't see it as such. 
For they are lost and so this serves as their way out. A compass that points in the wrong direction.  Don't blame them, how are they supposed to know. Remember that they're in trouble and so they seek help. They expect this make shift compass to guide them out of this hole. 
Unfortunately they don't notice that it is pointing downwards possibly because of the pill or needle in their system. Knees touch the ground and hands dig into the earth. They dig and dig because in their minds, they think that they're climbing out of the abyss. The sad truth is... that they are only heading into the darkness more and more. That hole above their heads... the exit starts to disappear in the distance.

© 2015 EndlessHorizons


Author's Note

EndlessHorizons
please try and ignore any grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015
Tags: tragedy, drug, city