Imaginary

Imaginary

A Chapter by EmaleighLynn
"

Inspired by "Imaginary" by Evanescence.

"

IMAGINARY


She could hear the voices around her, but she ignored them, her eyes closed. Though her hands touched cold wooden floor, in her mind she felt soft silken flowers, the purple petals slithering against her skin. Though the ceiling above her was wood beams, she saw a purple sky, clouds flitting in and out in strange shapes.


The voices grew louder, and she shut her eyes tighter, humming to herself. She couldn’t feel the pain in her legs, covered as they were, in her mind, with ticklish grass. If she wasn’t there, they couldn’t see her, and if they couldn’t see her, they couldn’t hurt her.


Nights were the worst. She had to retreat to her world most at night. Where the flute music lulled her to sleep and the warm sun kissed her pale, skinny body. This was her only escape from the pain of the real world.



© 2015 EmaleighLynn


Author's Note

EmaleighLynn
Thanks for reading! I'd really like to know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on June 11, 2015
Last Updated on June 11, 2015
Tags: depression, abuse warning, song-inspired, inspired by music


Author

EmaleighLynn
EmaleighLynn

Columbia, SC



About
Wow, it's been a while since I did anything here. God. I'm sorry. I've been writing since eighth grade. I'm a freshman in college now (wtf). I write fiction (books, short stories) and a LOT of poet.. more..

Writing
Winged Winged

A Story by EmaleighLynn