Incident on the Train

Incident on the Train

A Story by Elton Camp
"

Quite short humor story.

"

Incident on the Train

 

(I heard this many years ago in a European setting with the insurance salesman being a Russian army officer. I think that others might enjoy it.  It’s just a joke so I doubt it was ever under copyright.  Anyway, I’ve updated it to more modern circumstances and this is noncommercial and should be “fair use” of the basic idea and some of the words of someone else.  Elton)

 

 

The Amtrak was roaring along.  The following group of four were sitting at a table in the lounge car:  An old woman, a beautiful young woman, an obnoxious insurance salesman who was making a high-pressure sales pitch to his unwilling audience, and a young Frenchman who was a first-time tourist to the United States.

 

The car plunged into darkness as the train entered a tunnel.  Suddenly the table shook, there was the sound of a kiss, and then of a hard slap. 

 

When the train emerged into light, the group sat in silence.  The following is what each one was thinking:

 

Old woman:  “That’s a fine young woman with high morals.  She slapped that Frenchman for kissing her.”

 

Young woman:  “That Frenchman meant to kiss me, but kissed the old woman by accident.”

 

Insurance salesman:  “That Frenchman stole a kiss and I get slapped for it.”

 

Frenchman:  “I kissed the back of my hand, slapped the insurance salesman, and got by with it.” 

 

 

© 2010 Elton Camp


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010

Author

Elton Camp
Elton Camp

Russellville, AL



About
I am retired from college teaching/administration and writing as a hobby. My only "publications" are a weekly column in our local newspaper. Most of my writing is prose, but I do produce some "poetr.. more..

Writing