If I Lost My Way

If I Lost My Way

A Poem by Dunamis Pneuma

If I lost my way, how would I get back? If I was to be found in a place I did not know, would I be able to find my way out? I am lost. I’ve run into a place that I do not recognize. Who looks back at me is someone I don’t know and the one who stays isn’t someone I trust. But I am here, and I do not know how I find my way home. If I was to find that my heart is a traitor to my soul, how would I get it back? If I was to see that my life was a lie, would that lie ever become the truth? I am lost. I have let a lie become the reality of my life. Nothing I see reminds me of who I used to be, and all I remember are things I’d wish to forget. But I am here, and I don’t know if I can see the way home anymore. If I was to lose my will to try, how would I find it? If I couldn’t find a reason to try, is what is left enough? I am lost. I’ve turned to the dagger that kills me. The blood no longer bothers me, and the life that leaves no longer grasps at me. But I am here, and I don’t know what is home anymore. If I found that my way was taken, would I want it back? If I was to be given the choice, would I be able to choose? I am lost. I have chosen death. Who waits is the one who smiles, and the one who calls is someone I’ve cursed. But I am here, and I don’t want this to be home anymore. If I lost my way, would you help me find my way back?

© 2019 Dunamis Pneuma


Author's Note

Dunamis Pneuma
I don't write with stanzas or any kind of rhyme.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on December 13, 2019
Last Updated on December 13, 2019
Tags: life, heart, help, loss