My Matrix

My Matrix

A Story by drtism
"

Your choice, the red or the blue pill.

"


I was sweatily walking one evening in Scottsdale, Arizona in the Spring of 1999. I had made the 1200 mile journey to take some classes to hone my ninja molar mechanic skills. I had flown down by myself, and after a day of learning how to reshape incisors, I wanted to distract myself with a movie. Approaching an AMC 16 Plex cinema, I saw a poster with Keanu Reeves looking kinda futuristic so I thought ok and I, and my popcorn, found a seat somewhere near the screen.

I was literally Blown away! I had mini epiphanies throughout that movie, as I continue to have today. All I can say today is, I'll snatch the Red Pill, though I think the Blue Pill is by far the best seller!

At the end of the movie, Neo, in what would have previously been a hopeless situation, transforms before he ever makes a move to destroy the three trigger happy Agents. His demeanor, his confidence, his inner power is palpable to both the viewer and the Agents. Effortlessly, with his mind and now harnessed willed intention, he holds out his hand stopping three mid air unloaded clips of 38 rounds intended to terminate him. He Knows now! He Gets It! It's a Game! It's not Real!

I was physically and spiritually moved those 16 years ago, though I'm no Neo, I've had times where I Knew what he felt. In the last year more and more times actually, despite what's happening in my external world, my internal world is mine! When I align with it and with what I Know to be true, I'm Neo! And I mean with that kinda of certainty, power and confidence! It fades the second I relinquish one scintilla of my power to anything external. When I need something to be different than it is in the world outside of myself, I'm human again.

© 2015 drtism


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015

Author

drtism
drtism

Wilsonville, OR



About
I have finally woken up after thinking I was a fully functioning human for so long. I took the traditional path for a man of my sort. Lots of college and lots of supposed successes. In nine years o.. more..

Writing
Waking Up Waking Up

A Poem by drtism