My Trail

My Trail

A Poem by drtism
"

We all must journey alone

"
I unaware, assigned to another a belief, that I from my earliest remembrance have held onto so jealously and with such great esteem.

But the error was mine and I, lacking the resolve of making my blindness a permanent condition, was by grace led back to the lane that had once filled my soul with such joy.

As I walk alone, absent the the guidance of another, my vision is fully restored as I now am aware that only I can navigate the circuitous trail that I’ve been so blessed to travel.

Not long ago, fear and worry fogged my mind, taking me to worlds I never intended to visit. I feel now a peace and a confidence and a hope.

I once only thought to recognize the veneer that others intended me to see, but now my view peers through these masks and the beauty revealed me is glorious at times.

If a soul appears to mine that recognizes it’s counterpart, and I mine, I with joy will join hands and forge a new path together as one, but my little trail is mine alone for it is me.

© 2015 drtism


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015

Author

drtism
drtism

Wilsonville, OR



About
I have finally woken up after thinking I was a fully functioning human for so long. I took the traditional path for a man of my sort. Lots of college and lots of supposed successes. In nine years o.. more..

Writing
Waking Up Waking Up

A Poem by drtism