Renaissance

Renaissance

A Story by Peaches
"

My first attempt at flash fiction.

"
Their first date was at the Renaissance Fair. No amount of googling or reckless perusing of any magazine with a perky teenager on the cover gave Seren any insight to romantic protocol for such a setting. However, she sensed that beating Austin in archery and devouring a giant turkey leg like a starved hyena put a bit of a damper on her chances.
   It was hot, and she was sweating in a most unladylike manner. Surrounded by scantily clad fairy women who did not perspire but rather sparkled, Seren was ready to find solace in a nearby cookie kiosk when she was knocked to the ground by a smiling Austin with a Lincoln green Robin Hood cap on his head, red feather included. “Alas! There be my Maid Marian,” he exclaimed, “the loveliest lady of them all!” And it was then that Seren decided that romantic protocol, like most articles in teen magazines, could shove it.

© 2010 Peaches


Author's Note

Peaches
You may have seen this on my former account Animus.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it :) Its a great real-life ituation and I agree Very Much with the romantic ideals of magazines. Romance should be what you want it to be. The idea is amazing, the reality is sound and the style is superb.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on August 16, 2010

Author

Peaches
Peaches

Writing
Oh Dreamer Oh Dreamer

A Poem by Peaches


Be Free Be Free

A Poem by Peaches