Teaser

Teaser

A Chapter by dots_on_dogs
"

Just the very beginning of chapter one, hopefully I'll have it completed soon

"

It was a Wednesday, the worst kind of day. Even though it was summer vacation there was still something about Wednesday that left my head throbbing and patience worn thin. I’d always liked Monday and Tuesday better because they felt fresh and I hadn't screwed anything up yet. Usually. Monday is always the day for new promises and hopes and goals and Tuesday is always the day I promise to keep those promises and goals, but by Wednesday I’m left hopeless and just ready for the week to end.


So, it was Wednesday. Also, it always seemed like every time I had something to do on a Wednesday it never went well, but maybe it was just my attitude. Or my disappearing life.


And there I go again, blaming my problems on someone, or something, other than myself.  Sure, it was hard constantly dealing with things happening out of the ordinary, but I’d grown so accustomed to it I wasn't even surprised or confused anymore, just frustrated. Really, really frustrated. And occasionally I did get the chills, but that’s beside the point. The point is, I've lost control of my life.


My life, myself, my things, my memory…  I wasn't sure which parts of me I had lost control over, but somewhere, somehow, it all went wrong.


And that was the day it hit me; my life may never be normal again. I mean, I didn't have to deal with anything horrible, just something really, really frustrating. And to be honest, I wasn't even sure what it was that I was dealing with, all I knew is every time I was looking for something, it was gone, and it always turned up in some bizarre place I would never expect. Even if I had held it in my hands just a few minutes prior to my search, whenever I needed something it was gone. Poof.  Good luck, Emily.


Anyways, someone had to be messing with me, right? But that was the mystery, because I knew no one was messing with me. 



© 2013 dots_on_dogs


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

dots_on_dogs
Anything you have to say is helpful!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 10, 2013


Author

dots_on_dogs
dots_on_dogs

Fincastle, VA



About
I like writing. That's it. more..

Writing