Whispers In The Wind

Whispers In The Wind

A Poem by Brittany

His whispers are carried with the wind to my ears..

I shoot up my head, engaged in a curiousity of what brought him here...

Instantly his presence is clear out of the others I see...

For it's undeniable he's drilled deep into his thoughts and caved in by all the rocks...

Like a desperate man surrounded in a corner of a deserted street, with fear taking a toll on his hope

He looks so helpless, as if he's missed every important cue and now has forgotten the lines...

He's blinded by the home in front of him and following the foolish signs...

Maybe he partied for a bit too long and lost all the good rhymes...

Mind-clouded, denying his bad life and thinking of all the incredible times...

So way back when, so not like today...

 

I can tell he doesn't want to be here, he wants to be forgotten in a lonely, useless world..

I'm looking at the movement of his lips but I can't make out the words that are being said...

The raw misery is all being blown up in his head, quickely shed and then mis-led...

His hair is tousled up in the wind...

I can see his breath-taking beauty and his deepening sin...

His foosteps bring him to the only ounce of light that is held from the sky...

The paleness of skin and the old-droopy clothes make it known a part him is dead and another is beginning to cry..

His legs are put up to rest and he bows his head as if he's beginning to pray..

But it's obvious he's gone, lost into the sorrow of another day..

 

His brown eyes speak volumes of his pain and how close it is to never being the same

So go the rain...he's stuck in the hardest moment of the game...

He can't stop kicking the ragged branch beneath him that only remains right by his feet...

He's oblivious to the tension that begins to enhance with his breakdown of tears...

It's like he's lost in all the years...

His hands are hiding his face with his hair moving back and forth to the cool air...

I step closer  to him acting like i'm wandering aimlessly but he stays gathered up in his heart without a care...

 

My emotions are suddenly all being affected by the pain of this young man...

He's wise, but not willing enough to understand...

Yet he's not like every other wild guy...

He lives for more than just the pleasure of a lick and the speed of a pounding hip...

He thought he had it all until he fell hard and didn't just have a temporary trip...

The answers seemed to be sought out in all the wrong ways...

Instead of looking in his heart he's crumbling down in a park, completely dazed...

Not knowing if he should fall into the madness or get up and become amazed...

After minutes of quiet intensity, he starts to close his eyes as if he purposely wants to dream...

The urge to ask him whats wrong becomes something inevitable that I want to scream..

But he's fading fast and there's nothing that seems to mean anything...

There's no possible connection to reach out and touch his soul...

He's not immortal but he doesn't believe he has any control...

 

His lips begin to move again when it looks like he's asleep...

It's as if he's telling a sacred secret to the chaotic beat of his heart....

I begin to picture in my mind the change its creating...

I can see everything stopping, everything going black..

I can feel the pain of a brutual attack..

I can hear his sigh and capture the heat of his moan to what's about to explode...

He's in his melt-down mode...

His whispers become a strong attraction that keeps pulling me in...

My steps turn nearer and nearer to get a clear view of this struggling man...

But he startles me as he jumps and runs, weak in endurance but inspired by a sparkling hope...

He's focused on something deep inside of him that gives him the eyes to see and a heart to love..

Before it all goes away he surrenders..

Aching and trembling with anxiety, preparing himself to embrace the road ahead...

Good-bye city, good-bye park, for now...

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is oddly confusing to me. Is it about a person? Is it about a dead person? Or a ghost spirit? But it has a tale of sadness that haunts this story. Like a chill in old colonial times to me hmm. Very haunting indeed. Leaves one thinking.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on January 23, 2009
Last Updated on January 26, 2009

Author

Brittany
Brittany

Carlsbad, CA



About
I'm a 14 year old girl who has a passion for writing. My dream is to work in the music business and become a lyricist and work for a record company. Until then though, I must live my life and search f.. more..

Writing
No Longer No Longer

A Poem by Brittany