Lost Need

Lost Need

A Poem by Brittany

You can't try if you don't care..
You can want something till no end with anxious shivers and lingering eyes..
Looking at that one place, that one desire..
Yet nothing stays the same when your heart is faced with reality..
Words become lies and the ultimate discovery leads to a beautiful letdown, falling a part at the scene..

Cries of insanity are running free and loose, tight against your heart plastered with the sinful desicions you choose..
You lead it all away far from a healing hand and to a desperate voice of a lost man..
You cringe at the sudden memory of when you didn't read the words that were upon the wall..
You turned right and began to fall..

You wanted it so bad you fell past the dream and went down..you muted all sound..
Only the prayer of forgiveness is what murmured from your lips..
Captured in dirty innocence, sliding past your hips..
A simple action is now an obsessive need...
All because you didn't get it while it was right at the tip of your hands..
You could've taken one more step and saved yourself..

The amazing moment is now left in the dust over the countless times you didn't care..
I saw you looking at him like window to a new world but you just let it all go..
And walked away.

It wasn't enough..nothing was enough..

You broke your own heart on purpose..
Your content soul is now a stack of scattered belongings..
But you're just talking within the midst of your misery only to find nothing there..
Just your face and your usual, messed up hair..
Yet maybe..just maybe..a hope somehow lives..

© 2009 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on January 17, 2009

Author

Brittany
Brittany

Carlsbad, CA



About
I'm a 14 year old girl who has a passion for writing. My dream is to work in the music business and become a lyricist and work for a record company. Until then though, I must live my life and search f.. more..

Writing
No Longer No Longer

A Poem by Brittany