my love, supreme

my love, supreme

A Story by M. Howell

9/10/12


I don't think I’ve met my true love in this lifetime...I think the two of us met at the very beginning, the absolute origin of all things. And I loved her for her brilliance and the way she gazed down upon me with loving eyes, and every little detail shone in those eyes, and how she cherished it all, even the subtle and minute.


And I don't plan on meeting her either. I'm almost positive that we parted, so long ago, with the intent of bringing light to the ever-darkening storm of confusion we keep falling victim to, born into life after life and drawn into, partner after partner, searching the corners of time and space, hoping to run into one another at a bookstore or a bank or a doctor's office and, the way long lost lovers might, exchange numbers and make plans for coffee later in the week.

 

But then there's you...There always has been you...And there always will be you...And if tomorrow I'm struck by the unrelenting passion to become an astronaut and live in space and you, the desire to sell exotic fruit from a wagon in the Cayman Islands, there will still be you and there will still be me: those two people who, for even a brief window in time, were dazzled by some overpowering attraction, the rules of which, mystical and curious, lack any firm ground in modern science.

 

And that, for me, is enough.

© 2012 M. Howell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012

Author

M. Howell
M. Howell

Haiku, HI



About
little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously. more..

Writing
idea - 9/24 idea - 9/24

A Story by M. Howell


for dad. for dad.

A Story by M. Howell