white noise

white noise

A Story by M. Howell

9/5/12


You may have noticed…

 

The silence on the other end of the phone right before we hang up. Maybe a slight exhale, or a sigh. That’s me. Only, it’s not me. Unfortunately that’s nobody and nothing. It’s the static void of sound, intended for all the things I have to say to you, but of which I’m not yet sure how to. It’s the burdensome pressure of all the planets and heavens, weighing down upon me in attempt to squeeze out even just one drop of divinity, that one thing I’m supposed to tell you…But I’m not sure what it is.

 

And I can feel I’m failing the scornful Gods above! And myself! And you! Most importantly, you! By not simply letting out! By not simply handing over to you that one thing for which you’ve grown tired and achy to hear! I feel the stubborn contempt of every living thing who’s ever laid eyes upon me! The lightning bolts of critical distain that rain down and pierce my skin like poisonous arrows! And I’m engulfed in shame…

 

But…I hear that quiet giggle on your end just before you click End Call, and know immediately: all the world’s right. I’m in love.

© 2012 M. Howell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012

Author

M. Howell
M. Howell

Haiku, HI



About
little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously. more..

Writing
idea - 9/24 idea - 9/24

A Story by M. Howell


for dad. for dad.

A Story by M. Howell