dreaming on Cloud Nine

dreaming on Cloud Nine

A Story by M. Howell

9/4/12


I thought I saw you today. You were sitting, alone, at that little cafe on the square, your face shaded by an umbrella as you stirred your coffee, dreaming of late nights in the city, longing for smoky jazz clubs and reckless driving.

 

I thought I saw you today. You were resting on the golden sand, locked in a staring contest with the horizon, wondering what was waiting for you just on the other side.

 

I thought I saw you today. You were standing at the counter marked DEPARTURES, wrapped in a summer dress as a slight breeze ran through your hair. You kindly received your boarding pass and danced your way to the terminal.

 

I know I saw you today. I’d drifted off beneath the palms with the sun sinking into me, and sinking me into a distant ecstasy, hazed with the vague images of rainy sidewalks and passing taxis. And just as one stopped to let us in out of the cold, I felt you cuddle up beside me under the trees. Your sweet voice started to gently hum Edith Piaf, and in my dream our taxi’s fuzzy radio began crooning La Vie En Rose as we meandered the empty Parisian streets toward our little place above the merchant kiosks in the plaza.

© 2012 M. Howell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on September 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012

Author

M. Howell
M. Howell

Haiku, HI



About
little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously. more..

Writing
idea - 9/24 idea - 9/24

A Story by M. Howell


for dad. for dad.

A Story by M. Howell