Survivability Rate

Survivability Rate

A Story by nihilistictablelamp

           "In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea, just to find memories plagued by constant misery."

I think love is tied to leaving. I think that we are only granted hindsight after the end is evident. I think it all goes to s**t after the ship is stuck at sea and we're desperately trying to reach land. After there isn't a meager morsel left in sight. We get on this ship, promising an eternal vacation, but in actuality the excitement of the trip is merely ephemeral. And of course, it wears off like a metal bell out in the rain. Not too soon, but quick enough. We are promised on this ship that we will never be abandoned, that only good things come out of this sailing. That furthermore, everything is okay.  
But it's funny how people lie to us so easily. 
We're just a speck. A smudge. Something minuscule. Living souls that roam this planet earth that circles around a great ball of fire encased inside this solar system within a vast Milky Way Galaxy. 
Hypothetically, we know nothing outside of this place we call our home. But I suppose there are matters worse at hand. At hand we have a ship sailing at sea, ready to land in between a sharp bridge of rocks within any given moment when that significant other utters those two words or that paragraph or just gives you a simple action; however you'd like to put it. 
There really is no way to "stop the ship's course." Frankly, it just happens. And no matter what you do, no what you say, and no matter how much you cry...

            You are so alone in this world on that empty ship that you just wish to drown at sea.

But of course it doesn't happen. You sit there and you thrive. 

I'm not saying that everything is survivableJust that everything except the last thing is.”

© 2013 nihilistictablelamp


Author's Note

nihilistictablelamp
The human race is weird.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I believe you wanted to say: Hope... there is a lighthouse that guides us... most forget and get lost in despair... the idea is not that the ship will sink... but how long you wish it to live... Only in this fallible world do we gain the slightest ideas of what is... the other 99.99 percent of the universe is constantly dying... yet we thrive... breathe... do our best to just survive... ultimately... dying ourselves... Life is fragile and given that for even a century is better than nothing at all...

You may want to change this line:

"In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea, just to find memory plagued by constant misery."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea, just to find memories plagued by constant misery."

Thanks for the invite...

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh the purpose of life. What is it for and how to live it? Nice work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Loved this. The context reminded me of Play Crack The Sky by Brand New

Posted 11 Years Ago


nihilistictablelamp

11 Years Ago

I absolutely adore that song! It slightly inspired this piece :)
You can cry on my shoulders. You can talk to me. You could lean on me a little harder. I will take the weight from you.

I will be your ship. If you take aboard, I will never let you sink. I might lie about trivial things, but my ship will never fail you. We might have to sail through thunderstorms and massive waves, but my ship will never abandon you. We might go through some hardships, but OUR ship will always be ours. Even if we have to go through the sharp bridge of rocks, I will never say, "it's over." I would never do that to someone that I love. I will never have a reason to utter those words.

It's true that we cannot stop the ship. But as long as I have you along the journey, I'm content. Even through mischiefs, with you by my side, I will always be in bliss.

That's why there is no reason to cry. No reason to say that you are alone because you are not. I am here. With you. By your side. In this vast universe filled with uncertainty, I am certain of two things:

I love you and I will never desert you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


nihilistictablelamp

11 Years Ago

Gosh, this made me smile... now my eyes are all misty. Thank you so much. I humbly appreciate it.
Ruhoun Q. Geins

11 Years Ago

If you feel like talking about it, message me.
Okay That is by far the best I have read on here! great job I totally loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Oh but the human race is a shadow in the night sky where a vast of stars that shine so bright yet so far we are but just spectators in the galaxy. Now that is weirder lol!"

"For what has happened in the times that we have sailed across the ocean as it has devoured, spat out and cleansed us so deeply of our sins that we still feel dirty coming out of it. As the rates of our survivability decrease over time the ocean seems to increase its berth to us like no other. Why? For even at its depths the core of it remains unseen especially to the naked eye. That core itself is why we are not strong enough to face its toughest currents. The torrents it has brought upon when we long for the shores we will never reach but alas I must digress...

For what happens to us in the next centuries or so one can only be sure that even when the oceans have been fully explored it is the vast space ocean itself that we will be unable to conquer for that is an ocean so wide of its berth that it will never be put in a bottle."

"As for love being tied to leaving, well, it is the growing out of it that will make us feel more different when we find that the person we truly love has sailed not only the seven seas but will be willing to change the way they make you feel who you truly are."

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

no just you lol, jk, its like "great minds think alike" except in our case were "meager morsels that cant bite" lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I believe you wanted to say: Hope... there is a lighthouse that guides us... most forget and get lost in despair... the idea is not that the ship will sink... but how long you wish it to live... Only in this fallible world do we gain the slightest ideas of what is... the other 99.99 percent of the universe is constantly dying... yet we thrive... breathe... do our best to just survive... ultimately... dying ourselves... Life is fragile and given that for even a century is better than nothing at all...

You may want to change this line:

"In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea, just to find memory plagued by constant misery."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea, just to find memories plagued by constant misery."

Thanks for the invite...

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2013
Last Updated on August 3, 2013
Tags: Boat, Sea, Survivable, Last, Speck, Galaxy, Planet, Romanticism

Author

nihilistictablelamp
nihilistictablelamp

TX



About
I want to keep smashing myself until I am whole. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..