Self Reflection: A Somewhat Lyrical Segmented Essay

Self Reflection: A Somewhat Lyrical Segmented Essay

A Story by Breezy
"

So, in one of my writing classes, my professor had us write an essay using three random objects. This is mine.

"

Potato Chip Blues

When I see potato chips, I think of what a sad little snack they are--there's never enough to go around. Why, I remember when I was little, let's say about eight or nine, I went to my sister's best friend's birthday party. (And, mind you, my sister was none too happy about her two "annoying" younger siblings going to a "middle school" party.) Well, as the party progressed, the stock of chips ran dry--nothing but crumbs left in a sad little bowl. And I was sad because there were no more Sour-Cream and Onion potato chips. I had to settle for the plain kind that were just too salty for my taste. So, I was blue for about five minuets--then the adults brought out the cake. But as I recall, with an unreliable memory of course, this most auspicious day, as it was my first middle school party, I think more about the sad potato chip bowl (and the MIA chips) and how it reminds me of me sometimes--how when late at night and I can't sleep, my heart feels like an empty bowl of Lays Sour-Cream and Onion potato chips. (Cue overly and unnecessary dramatic sigh)

Key-chains Have Quite a Personality, Yeah?

When my eyes catch a glimpse of a set of key-chains, especially ones that have more key-chains than keys, I recall my own odd collection of key-chains. I have some witty, sarcastic ones, simple ones, funny-looking ones, and much, much more (I sound like a TV commercial eh'?). So, as I ponder said key-chains, I can't help but think that they reflect one's own personality. Mine for example say that I have an interesting sense of humor and like cute things (like Hello Kitty and Pokemon), but also have a dark side (evident by the fact that I don't show them off). I'm pretty much saying that key-chains show the versatility of a person's personality (or true self, depending on how you interpret it). And I know that many people have at least one key-chain. Otherwise we'd all be like the citizens in the Lego Movie--no personality, no life, no awesomeness. (Cue over dramatic bow)

I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Is Gone!!! Thank You Eyeglass Cleaning Cloth!

I wear glasses, yes I do--I wear glasses, how 'bout you? However, wearing glasses can be a real pain in the noggin. They are easy to lose, easy to break, and have to be cleaned frequently to prevent sudden collisions with inanimate objects (I'm speaking from experience of course). Thus, the creation of the eyeglass cleaning cloth as a means to save our shins (I didn't create them, but I wish I had). We use these easy to lose pieces of cloth to clean the dust, oil, and grime off the lenses of our glasses. It's kind of like a fresh start, but for your eyes. The cleaning of the glasses, however, is representative of how when everything goes wrong, we wipe away our tears (or frustration) and start over with the knowledge that we can't avoid the dust, oil, and grime of life. (Cue random funky music)

© 2015 Breezy


Author's Note

Breezy
Please ignore any grammatical/spelling errors. Some of them are intentional.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015
Tags: essay, reflection, nonfiction, humor

Author

Breezy
Breezy

TN



About
I'm a small town country girl who loves a good ghost story every now and again. I love to read and write stories in my free time. I hope to travel the world someday and write about that experience. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Breezy


Chapter 2--Intel Chapter 2--Intel

A Chapter by Breezy