I MET HER

I MET HER

A Story by dikshanta.luitel33
"

A guy after breaking down his car meets his soul mate. She actually turns out to be a "soul" mate

"

How do you feel when you meet your ex-girlfriend, 4 years after breakup? And also, when you abide the fact that you still loved her? Well, this is how it went for me.

 

20th October, 7 am. I got a call from Mike. It was his 3rd call in 10 minutes. "I'm almost there Mike, I'm riding my new car, and I'm just taking it slowly."

 

I don’t know where we went, I just know we went far from the town. I don't know how much we drank. We were on our way back.

 

Mike was asleep for about a couple of hours now. I was fine. And my car just stopped. My new car halted.

 

"Mike wake up, wake up."

 

"What happened? Where are we?" Mike looks at his watch. "Its 11 pm? Holy s**t, where the hell on Earth are we?"

 

"We drove 300 miles, lost our way. And guess what Mikie, we aren't even 50 miles on our way back."

 

"Did you bump? Oh yes you did. Hey there listen everyone, Brad, The Brad, Brad the great bumped his brand new car. God bless his car." He shouts. "Wait, did you hit an animal? There is blood you see." He gazes at me.

 

"It must be a big animal, tall to say the least." Blood was all over my windshield. Maybe I wasn't that fine.

 

"What do you see Brady?" Mike asks.

 

"Blood" I say.

 

"Over there. Behind those trees. Is it a village? Let us go stay there tonight. We'll find a mechanic tomorrow morning. I know you have a lot of papers in your wallet."

 

After walking about half a mile, across a forest we are in a small village. I never knew villagers would stay awake this late. I knock the door of the biggest house I see.

 

"Who is it?" A girl shouts.

 

"I guess I know that sound." Mike whispers in my ear.

 

"My car just went down….."

 

"His new car.", Mike interrupts.

 

"We need shelter, just one night. I'll pay well." I yell.

 

The girl opens the door.

 

"Jesus Christ. It's you. And Mike. Come in." It's Lisa. My ex-girlfriend from university.

 

"I don’t know about Mr. Christ, but it's me and Brad." Mike says. "Brady, how fast is your heart pumping?"

 

"Are you sweating Brad? I know it's hot in here." Lisa asks.

 

"No, I'm fine." I fake a smile.

 

Mike was fast asleep. Me and Lisa were talking and talking steady. About all our stuffs in university. All the dates we went. The first time I asked for her phone number. She looked the same. She was as beautiful as she used to be in college even when she was about to sleep. I guess she would look even better if she was showing her legs.

 

"I am sorry what I said to you that day. I know it was all my mistake. I had to trust you. Your friends thought I was no good. I was drunk and I don't know how I twisted my tongue and what I uttered." I say, regretting. If I hadn't drank that day, I would not have sweated an hour earlier.

 

"Well, I have nothing to say." She said it exactly the same way she used to say.

 

"How is your sister? I heard she married. You know your sister and me went to same school? I was in Grade 6 when she passed out high school." I questioned. One day, after some years I had met her sister Nicki. I told her she was my secret crush when I was small. She was furious. She shouldn't have been. She was 6 years older than me.

 

"She died recently. See that car?" she points to a yellow car, parked outside, it was a unique car. I thought I saw a car like that on my way today, or yesterday, it was 1 o'clock already. "She was hit by another car. She was just about to get into the car and......"

 

"I'm so sorry to hear that. I really liked her. She was an athlete and tall and well, she was my crush when I was little. She hated me I guess."

 

"I don’t know." She said it exactly the same way she used to say.

 

"Do you recall that stuff you gave me? It was carved, 'Together till we die.' You remember that don't you? Well, what it read wasn't right, we weren't together even for a year." I ask her.

 

"I remember. I don’t know what to say."

 

We kept talking, it was almost 2:30. I could not stand longer, I wanted to sleep. She insisted to stay a little long.

 

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked out of nowhere. It was the first question she asked me maybe.

 

"Yes, we work together I say"

 

She smiles.

 

"Where do you work?" I wanted to know.

 

"There is a construction site, 3 miles from here. I work there. You must have seen the site, didn't you?"

 

"Oh yes. A cemetery I guess. Big one. I stopped my car there on my way back. I think I shouldn't have stopped, that is from where I had trouble with my car." I say.

 

"Yes a cemetery. More than 80% work is done. They even buried few bodies already. Accidents on this road you see."  She explains.

 

"Hey Lisa, are your eyes glowing? I see red colour." I ask her suddenly. Was I too high?

 

"It might be contact lenses." She smiles.

 

"Your eyes were all right back then. Weren't they." I am curiuos.

 

"Yes, lots of construction you see these days." She says.

 

"Do they prefer contacts when it's dusty? I guess they'd give some medication." I am more curious.

 

"I don’t know." She says.

 

"You never liked to were contact lenses, didn't you?" I am even more curious.

 

She smiles. It wasn't a normal smile. It wasn't contact lens. I wasn't high. The clock ranged 3 times. I read somewhere demons were most powerful at 3 in the morning. Her eyes were glowing bright, so bright I couldn't look at those.

 

"Brad". her voice was groggy and rough. "You know who got buried yesterday? Nicki and her little sister Lisa."

 

"Am I dreaming?" I ask myself. I take a look at her yellow car. It had a big scratch. It had blood. It was the same car I saw on my way yesterday. I know what the heck was happening, I hit Nicki and Lisa. Lisa buried Nicki in her construction site. My car got jammed there. Yes I was right, I should have never stopped there. But I was dreaming, I see Lisa coming to get me with a knife. "Stab me, quick", I said to myself. I need to wake up. She stabbed me.

 

Well I woke up, I had fainted. I was stabbed in the gut. I wasn't in the home anywhere. I was in the open. On a hill top. Nowhere to hide. She was coming. I was dreaming, I am familiar to this. She is going push me, I will tumble down and down, and I would be awake in my bed before I hit the ground.

 

I woke up. My feet, I couldn’t move them. Fractured may be. I stood up slowly. I could see Lisa, she had no legs. I had to think about this before, Lisa, daughter of the richest man in the town staying in a dark village 250 miles away. Lisa, girl who was always proud of her legs and showed them in university had not done so. She was flying, not high but few inches up the ground.  I should have known. I should have noticed her car and blood in it. I should have done many things. I should not have hit her sister. I should not have stopped at the large cemetery. I should not have come this far. I should not have bought a car. I should not have don’t many more things.

 

"I was drunk, I was high. I drove fast, I hit her, and I hit you. I am sorry." I cried. "Please kill me."

 

"You hated her didn't you? She was smiling that day at home just because you called her your secret crush. You hated me because I left you, didn't you? What did my gift read? 'Together till we die.' Yes, it read wrong. We'll be together after we die. I will crush your bones thousand times before you die. I can still hear Nicki screaming. Perhaps I screamed too. She was an athlete, but I am not fragile like her. You will suffer Mr. Brad."

 

I stood up. I had nothing to say. I wasn't dreaming. I was in a suspension bridge. There was my car. I see Mike. He is screaming. He wants me to run. The car looks good to ride. I start to walk, slowly, but as fast as I can. I look back, Lisa is coming. With Lisa is another Lisa and another one has a lot of Lisas with her. Many Lisas are coming. My feet starts shaking. It has happened before. Maybe I am dreaming. I will fall now. I take a look down. River. Big river. Lisas are above me, their sharp nails scraping me, her strong dry fist muffling me. And I fall. Yes, I will wake up now. Mother, be in my bed with a cup of coffee.

 

I woke up. In the river bank. Lisas throw stones at me. I am bleeding. Then Lisa, the real Lisa comes, with an axe, to chop me. I try to move I can't. I can barely breathe. I try my best and fall backward to the river. I can't swim. I can’t breathe. I try to scream "Help me" I can't. I could feel myself fading. Bubbles arise from my mouth. I am trying frantically to take some air in. I move my legs, I can't subdue to the water surface. I am falling slowly, to the bottom. I look up. I see nothing. My vision gets blurred. I can feel the surface below. I push my legs down to gain some momentum to spring back up but I lay down instead. I can feel the pain within me. I feel pity upon myself. I know I am dying.

Maybe I am dead. My body is moving, shivering, I am uttering meaningless words like a mute man would. I know my cells are getting killed. My lungs are empty, it is shrinking. My heart slows down. I touch myself, I am cold. I am dead. I see my skin, it senses different, softer. It looks like I can pluck flesh from by body. I see small layers of my skin in the water, I am decaying, I am rotting.

 

Then I wake up. In my bed. 21 October, 1 pm. I see my car outside, maybe I did bump yesterday. I see Mike sleeping in the other bed. I go to see my mom.

 

"Where the hell did you go yesterday? Bumping your new car, did you hit an animal, there was blood in your windshield?" My mother asks. "Yes a dog, a street dog" I improvise.

 

I see the newspaper. I see a photo. Nicki Robinson, January 16, 1981-October 20, 2016, Heartfelt Condolence.    

© 2016 dikshanta.luitel33


Author's Note

dikshanta.luitel33
First horror writing. All reviews are welcomed

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on December 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016

Author

dikshanta.luitel33
dikshanta.luitel33

KAthmandu, Nepal



About
Just a starter. I feel like I got this aptitude in writing. more..

Writing