USSR

USSR

A Story by Kendall D.

And even when society has got upon the right track for the discovery of the natural laws of movement-and it is the ultimate aim of this work, to lay bare the economic law of motion of modern society- it can neither clear by bold leaps, nor remove by legal enactments, the obsticles offered by the successive phases of its normal developement. But it can shorten and lessen the birth pangs. - Karl Marx in Praface to Capital, Vol. I [1]

The United Nations grieves the death of Joseph Vissarionovich Dzhugashivili, also known as Stalin in our mere world. The wind was stagnant on March 5th as the mist began to settle beyond the golden wastelands. The hard earth was a testimony for aching bodies and withered muscles as shovels and picks were continuously meeting the fresh breath of ice-shaped dirt spelts. The dawn of a new age stretched across the sky as pale, red stripes; a metaphor of our countries leaders spilling innocent, civilian blood to reach the governments common goal. To thus epitomize the constituent elements of a wroker's state is at wide variance with the veiws held by Marx and Lenin. [2]

Stalins three decades in power were memorable for the developement of the Soviet Union's state-owned economy, for its emergence as a nuclear-armed superpower, and for its acquisition of satellite states in Eastern Europe. [3] He was a Georgian in the Communist party, being recognized as one of Russia's many ethnic groups. The man was a disciple of Lenin, who was the creator of the USSR on December 30th. Stalin, in time was found moving away from Lenin's quasi-capitalist approach to economics to state-organized industrialisation under a series of rigid five-year plans. [4] A Constitution was created on October 7, 1977 as guidelines for the ruling of our nation.

In Article 34. The equal rights of citizens of the USSR are guaranteed in all fields of economic, political, social, and cultural life. [5] What equal rights are admitted by such a bold presentation? Have we not outlined the reigning of a capitalist dictatorship? Raya describes that "Not even the most pious worker-statist would contend that the workers had any power in the present Soviet state." Lenin knew this, responding that the poor would have political and social power as the "practical participation in the management" of the state. [6] However, we have found no evidence that supports his words.

When the public realized the Soviet elite were recieving superior medical care in secret facilitites, [7] we acknowledged our non-charge, deteriating healthcare as very few hospitals carried hot running water and X-ray machines. The constant illegalization of therapy and medication to support our frail skeletons was an asumption when Leonid was seen on "High Medication" in his last years of the Cold War. [8] Alcoholic consumption was turned to for a way of escape while the constant littering and pollution in the air continued in the cities and the suburban areas. Our health care system was once the pride until the problem of quality, availability, and equity [9] started taking the jingle out of the governments pockets. We had the right to health protection, but not of higher and healthier production.

I sit here with cold, frail hands while the once wicked flames of the fire turn into glowing ashes of ember. My sight seems to go as the winter days grow longer, taking the last bit of light for its own greedy desire. In articles 55 through 57, we have the freedoms of telephone conversations, but what use is such inscription when more than 75% of houses are without telephone. Payment for hard work becomes less and hours become longer. Employees need permission of management to change jobs or else could face criminal persicution for tardiness or absentees. [10] The apartments are clustered together as shabby, limited assortments; having facilities become scarce in high demand while people stand in line as food becomes short. Our populations are decreasing as starvation turns are acidic stomachs on ourselves. We die where we stand and lie for the raviging dogs to eat what's left of us. The birth of the Soviet Republic has just begun.

© 2009 Kendall D.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on February 9, 2009