Critical Analysis: College English -122 (Kissing- Computer Art)

Critical Analysis: College English -122 (Kissing- Computer Art)

A Story by Kendall D.

                                 
We walk by the beach, our bare feet sinking into the coarse sand while foamy water spat at us with distaste. My dress rippled in the wind while strands of hair escaped my messy bun, whipping across my face and neck. Our hands were linked; his lean and muscular delicately holding onto my frail, white fingers; which were continuously stroking his palm. We were unique, him being taller and of different ethnicity while I was short but athletic enough to keep ahead of myself. 
    
I used to dream of my perfect prince charming when I began to have an interest in boys; but sadly enough, they still thought we had cooties. We still do... We stopped, staring out on the horizon while the sun was setting, leaving behind magnificent colors across the sky. Boats were coming in to the dock while fishermen were unloading their catch of the day.

I leaned my head against his chest, hearing the sound of his heart and the erythematic movement of his chest whenever he inhaled and exhaled his supply of oxygen. I began to shudder, pulling myself closer to him while looking up at his dark, chocolate brown eyes. They always seemed caramel to me, with a bluish rim around the pupil; but they constantly changed to the point I was always admiring them.

We tilted our heads to one side, brushing our noses together, exchanging Eskimo kisses as compassion and our pulse thickened. His face was scruffy, narrowly silhouetted from the shadows and what’s left of the setting sun.

We breathed in the salty air, our quivering lips slightly touching with empathy and longing. Our breathing quickened, the emotions surfacing as our lips parted once again and touched with intense satisfaction. The kiss was soothing, mind boggling as my bones began to feel like jelly under his firm grip. We slowly parted from our touch when our eyes opened; smiling, I leaned against him once more when the sun finally said goodnight, disappearing over the horizon.

Kissing is known worldwide in different forms with a particular etiquette that follows. I chose this picture to critically analyze as the negative and positive format of computer art was put into effect. Though many people do not realize the value of seeing something so small may make a bigger impression when one actually feels it; resulting into either a statement, comma or question after each encounter. How would you describe your interaction as if you were actually there doing it with your boyfriend/girlfriend or loved one? Was it magical with fireworks or slowly growing on you as you were sitting by one of your friends? These questions could be applied by looking at your surroundings, actions or presentations set before you; thus opening up with a blue statement will capture your attention of the subject matter. To critically analyze this picture, let’s go into deeper detail of the two figures. . .

 
 
I acknowledge this to be a first kiss or of some previous experience practicing with the wonderful mirror or a pillow case. The black background behind the two silhouettes is interpret they are in a dark room, while their silhouettes outlined by the white light displays what we all long for in some time or another. I interpret the darkness displaying foreshadowing of perhaps a bad relationship or difficulties while the white balances this out with happiness, succession and guarantee of fulfillment.

Louise Erickson once said “Kissing may not spread germs, but they certainly lower resistance.” How would you explain this to a child who has connected when their young that kissing is bad because of germs? They acknowledge the opposite gender has cooties and wish not to deal with them at all. Shouldn’t we be enforcing this saying if we wish our kids not to get sick all the time?

When I was in Health class my sophomore year, I recognized the factor of diseases passing down through sex from one person and the previous persons before them to be disturbing. If diseases could be exchanged through sex, why not through philematology (kissing) as well? The exchanging of saliva from one relationship or another; only to receive not only a wonderful, amazing feeling but perhaps the diseases that’s active in the persons body. To seep through the linings of the inner muscle and go to the blood stream. I was taught in Biology that all cells in your body are replaced in a seven year period, thus being refreshed. I would have that person’s disease or germs in my body since the time I kissed them. If I was seven when I kissed them, their germs would be eliminated when I’m fourteen. How disgusting is that, to carry them around in your body for seven years. How about the people who constantly have a boyfriend/girlfriend in between that period of years… YUCK!

A kiss can also beautify souls, the heart and thoughts while emotions and feelings are being maturely handled when contact is displayed. In this case, the persons lips on the right is tilted slightly up, more willing to have the position of the lefts upper lip while the lips on the left are displayed mutual and strait for the fuller, bottom lip. Darkness is displayed between the separation of the right lips; resulting either the teasing, biting factor of teeth or the sensational matter of the tongue. The right lips display a slight shadow between the top, as if slightly chapped from being exposed to heat or the sun. The right lips also display a sign of desperation; moving towards the lips on the left quickly, having self assurance for what their doing. On the other hand; the upper left lip is brushing against the top right lip, moving back and forth with unseeing ease of delicate smoothness. Their chins are displayed with the right having more of a cleft chin while the left side is more rounded and smooth. No noses or any other upper half of the head is displayed but the chins moving downwards from one of the most important features of the body onward.

Kisses are known everywhere, such as in Italy and France when the three times motion from one cheek to the other for greetings or on the hand in England for common courtesy. It’s displayed in many cultures through results of passion, respect and recognition. In all, this device of the human instinct is powerful throughout the world.
 

© 2009 Kendall D.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pleasurable and unusual analysis of kissing- feelings and imagery. I loved this, charly.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really liked this! You are a very descriptive person!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2009

Author

Kendall D.
Kendall D.

CO SPG



Writing
USSR USSR

A Story by Kendall D.





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5