The pen is a mystery

The pen is a mystery

A Poem by Diamond _writes
"

The ink is a healing ointment

"
A writer is a craftsman,
Forming life out of nothingness,
With his own tools and hand.

A writer is a psalmist,
The synergy of the strings of his mind, hand and flair for writing
Yields melodious rhythms that salve a fractured soul.

© 2024 Diamond _writes


Author's Note

Diamond _writes
This is a shout out to writers of all genres.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I definitely think writing can be both a weapon (for good or bad) and healing, I'm just not sure that setting that as a descriptor for this really gives an accurate idea of what's coming up. Just my opinion, but that suggests that the writing is going to compare and maybe contrast those two aspects. This was a good write, it just wasn't that. This was all about creation and life and things working together positively, and like I said, I enjoyed it and it was well done, just didn't necessarily involve any 'deadly weapon' aspects. Anywhos, I'll get off that soapbox now, went on a little longer than I expected to.

A writer definitely is powerful though. There's a reason that some of the most impactful (once again, both good and bad) movements in history had incredibly effective propaganda or literary backing. We make entire worlds when we write whether it's a poem or an entire story. I think one of the best things about this write is that you didn't narrow it down to just one genre, it's all of us who dabble in the art who are included here and you used words that very much conveyed that too.

Posted 1 Month Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
1 Review
Added on July 27, 2024
Last Updated on July 29, 2024

Author

Diamond _writes
Diamond _writes

Enugu, Christianity , Nigeria



About
A writer is a craftsman, Forming life out of nothingness, With his own tools and hand. A writer is a psalmist, The synergy of the strings of his mind, hand and flair for writing Yields melodiou.. more..

Writing