Battle Mage Chapter 12

Battle Mage Chapter 12

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez
"

Addendum to Chapter 11

"

Nothing to do. He tried flickering the lights for fun. Got bored. He changed the channel and on the patient in the next room. Got old after an hour. He tried astral projecting himself into something more fun but the spell Carlos put up had sealed the room so his soul was unable to wander outside of it. Life had become cruel.

He opened a bag, another “Mana Now!” drink lay beneath his feet. This gross manure was of a high quality liquid that among those in the know of magic, knew this had excelling healing properties. Jules would drink it, then focus his own personal abilities on increasing his bodies ability to heal. Tragicly the latter was a lot more draining on his conscious state of mind. It always ended with him feeling light headed and a bit like laying out some puke.

Yummy, he sarcasticly thought to himself. He prayed his gag reflex would be kind to him as the liquid went down. The non literal kick came, and he had to breathe. Wait it out. It was like a contest of stomaching as much Whiskey as possible, calling on your lungs to outlast your throat. Breathe long enough and eventually it will settle and the effect will come in.

Carlos once held a drinking contest and the entire thing was a game to them. Laurence gave in first and when Carlos lost to Jessica, he whined, but then prided his placing second among the six. “Only a man drinks this hard!” He had said to Jules. They laughed about it.

A sick man was drinking the disguised magical beverage “hard.” He was regretting every moment of it. However he noticed the effects of the last two hours, and decided now was the perfect chance for Lazurus to rise again.

Walk. It was a simple command he told his legs as he pulled over to his tush, and forced his knee caps to withstand the pain tolerance. After that came the wobble effect and then lastly, bringing the rest of his body to a full stand.

He had stood! Jules was kinda happy, he realized the juice worked. He then asked himself, wouldn’t it be nice if the juice didn’t work and he wouldn’t have to drink this s**t ever again? His magical abilities though were not reliable enough to heal himself quick enough. Jules got the idea, that today, would be a day spent in a bed, in a hospital overlooking the east side (residential areas and old towns that now had merged with their metro super city),

One step, ow. Two step, ouch! Dare he? To hell with it, he took a jump, small but a jump none the less. A shockwave went up his spine and he clenched his teeth. No more for now!

 

A ray of light was shining in Jules’s hospital room. It was a cruel light, one he hated. His strength was more in control as Jules waved his hand, and the shades closed, keeping the day out. He lay down on his bed, attached to machines that were overly kind to inform him just how close he was at a given moment to flat lining. It was celebrated more so with the sound that his heart had just made a single beat.

Paranoia was a cruel thing. Jules just shook it off and grabbed the remote.

A mutter of sound, a flutter of thought and nothing awaited as he impatiently waited for the day to end. Nothing he could do.



© 2014 Daniel Rodriguez


Author's Note

Daniel Rodriguez
I have decided for an alternate aproach to the outline and as such, chapter 12 as it is, is an experiment. Before work on Act 3 begins, this chapter may be extensively revisited to consist of a whole story rather than simply act as an epilogue and a calm quiet before the storm. If however you feel this is detrimental to the pacing of the book as a whole, feel free to leave that feedback.

That being said, the second half of Act 2 is going to be a real challenge to me but it might pay off. (out of the box)

Outside of these notes, feel free to leave comments and criticisms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014


Author

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello, my name is Daniel Antonio Rodriguez and I am a wannabe writer. I am 27 years old and have been actively writing for the past 12-13 years. I enjoy writing scripts and breaking out into niche gen.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez