Legend of Light

Legend of Light

A Chapter by Destinyslight
"

The beginning, the history, the events that led to why the land of Narsayes is the way it is

"

Years ago, in an age long past, our land of Narsayes was paradise; the light governed the land and peace reigned supreme. No war, no murder, and no sickness, the land thrived. The people flourished while the four great races worked in harmony. It was countless years ago when that light was shattered by a man so vile and cruel he could only be called a demon. When he stepped onto Narsayes darkness and destruction spread, chaos erupted. No one was immune to his presence. Wars were everywhere and the people were to set in fighting whoever crossed their path. The unknown demon swept across the land like a plague, gathering to him those who dwelt in darkness that would willingly fight for him, and those who were easily manipulated. He was massing together an army so vast and destructive that it could only be feared. In raiding teams, the demon army patrols went out to scour the land, burning, looting and killing as they went. No country, village or town was safe from their evil hands.

 
Screams filled the air as blood ran like rivers. The Land of Light was drowning in its own blood. They all fell into darkness, all except one.
 
Ellendyn Tam-Nal was witness to his being. She alone had a presence of mind to question what was happening around her. What she witnessed was terrifying; a being of such evil that he was intoxicated by the screams of others, who gained indefinable pleaser from the taste of the blood that was spilt, who reveled in death, a demon with no name. He had no conscience, no heart, and no mercy. He haunted her dreams, and caused her nightmares. Her fear was so great that she barely functioned, wondering when he would come to her village and burn it to the ground. She tried to tell those who she cared dearly for her family and friends but no one would listen, they did not believe her. So she waited all alone for she knew what was coming… the demon. She could have left, but she knew that nowhere in the world was safe. He would find her and she too would die a painful death.
 
She spent her days alone training, meditating, and preparing. The more days that passed the more she became a part of the light, she was granted visions and her soul purified. Her body, hardened and honed to perfection, became a weapon in and of itself. She trained herself in the use of weapons and soon knew them all. It was during her morning meditation that she was granted a terrible vision. She locked herself away for days, not eating, drinking or sleeping. When finally she emerged she knew what she had to do.
 
With a heavy heart she left her village vanishing into Narsayes.
 
Nothing is known of her travels, but when she returned she had behind her an army of warrior true to the light that she called Atheans. Unmatched in skill they swept across Narsayes, killing any enemy patrol they came across as they headed straight for the demon.
 
The demon, named by Ellendyn Darshen-Qui Malla, grew angry at their defiance and in a terrible rage he called his army together and prepared for the attack.
 
As the two armies converged, the fighting began and the world paused. The people of light finally began to realize what was truly happening and massed to Ellendyn. They fought with all their might and on the verge of tipping the scale in their favor Ellendyn was granted a vision and she knew, she wouldn’t be the one to destroy him, another would in time. At first she was confused but then she realized, she might not be the one to dismantle him, but she could certainly help. So leaving her Atheans in charge, she left to find an ancient weapon said to be forged by the gods. She searched all through the land of light until at last she found it, but there wasn’t much time, she was being pursued and the weapon could not go into their hands. There was only one option left, she needed to split the weapon and hide it. The first Piece went deep into the land to a place that only the one would be able to find. The second piece would be harder to hide, but she knew where to go, Mountain Valley
.
Pursued the entire way by an unknown force and Dire Hounds, Ellendyn fled into the center of Mountain Valley where she vanished once again. When she reemerged days later and returned to her army the second piece was gone. Reunited with her Athean army, they pushed Darshen-Qui Malla into Darshena, land of darkness, sealing him inside. “You will not win!” He yelled as the seal formed. “You have only delayed me! I will be free and on that day I will destroy this place and bathe it in your blood.”
 
With that the chaos in Narsayes ended and peace had returned. With his last words ringing through her mind, Ellendyn stood at the shore to the sea it was time to go. She set sail from Narsayes, never to be seen again.
 
As the sun fell behind the mountains, years later, an entire age that has passed came to a close. The seal cracked and shattered and Darshen-Qui Malla was released to cause destruction once more.


© 2009 Destinyslight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on May 30, 2009


Author

Destinyslight
Destinyslight

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I lover to write, its like what I was born to do, besides working with little kids. I also love to read and can read pretty fast. If i'm into it a 1200 page book can take about 2 days at the most. .. more..

Writing