Prologue: The Beginning

Prologue: The Beginning

A Chapter by Destinyslight
"

This is the Begining of our tale, where the events of long ago are introduced, setting our stage.

"

 

 

                A Ellesad Middean; a deadly place full of wild and dangerous creatures, most who enter are never seen again. It is rumored however that Ellesadil Minne, the Dragon Rider City, dwells inside this forest. For that reason alone a young Athean warrior has ventured in with her child, looking for answers. She keeps her eyes opened, listening for any sign of wild life or dragon that may venture near to harm them. Little does she know that monsters can take any shape or form and the one place she didn’t guard would be her downfall. She was lying down with her child when a noise startled her, a twig breaking. She sat up, looking around, seeing nothing. “Anton? To aie na?” Silence. Nothing puts fear in the heart quiet like it. Wind rustled the leaves and she stood, clutching her child to her. “ Anton?” She froze, the birds had stopped singing, the only sound in the air was the wind and her child’s deep breaths. Something wasn’t right, and she knew it. She could feel someone out there, watching her. “Shea to quan?” Nothing answered “Shea to quan?!” Movement, she quickly turned to see a figure dressed all in black coming toward her, a mask covering his face.

“Give us the child!” He demanded.
“Ni!”
“Don’t make this harder then it already is.” He growled. Behind him there was movement in the forest. “Give us the child, and no harm will come to you I promise.” Glaring she spit on his feet. Anger boiled up inside him and giving a whistle he signaled his men out of the trees, she was surrounded. “This is your last chance, give up the child or we’ll kill you and take the child anyway. Your choice either way the child is ours.”
“Na sone bua mess ne taun!”
“I gave you your chance.” With a snap of his fingers the men slowly started to advance toward her. Her eyes widened. With a quick breath she did the only thing she could, she ran. She barely made it up onto her horse when they were upon her. Kicking the sides of her horse the animal spurted forward, leaving the men behind.
She raced through the forest, holding her child close to her chest. Looking over her shoulder she saw them starting to gain. “Alleo Starora, reat tauma. Alleo.” She cried as she raced down the forest path, urging her horse onward. She could here them behind her, charging through the deadly forest of the dragons.Why were they after her child? She wondered. What was going on? Further more where was her husband? Anton should have come to help her a long time ago; why hadn’t he?
“Anton!” She cried at last. “Anton, nea owarn nan bentai! Nea et’re son yeit ienda. Nea owarn nan bentai Anton. Nea owarn na! Anton!” She cried in Athean. Yet as she listened she could only here her pursuers and herself. Anton either couldn’t hear her or something had gone wrong. There was no way he was in league with her pursuers, yet why hadn’t he answered?
She galloped down the path, hoping to find someone that would help her.
Arrows started to fly around her, some just barely missing. She urged her horse faster. One arrow hit her horse; she went flying and found herself on the ground, her daughter starting to cry. She tried to rise, crying out in pain, everything hurt.
She had a strong will to survive though; she would not let them get their hands on her child. She gritted her teeth and forced herself to rise despite the pain, after all pain is an allusion, it was possible to get by it. She froze, she felt a pair of eyes on her from the bush next to her, and Antoin felt a glimmer of hope. She believed Anton had come to save her at last.
“Anton, to aie na?” When no answer came Antoin asked again this time, a little more cautious. “Anton? Torsh ot na miet pikel tine boz na terln? Yander’sh terln chance ne; rae mei ten biet ra pien. Anton!” Silence answered her. There was two different types of silence, one is peaceful while the other is frightening. Fear pierced her heart as she stood there holding her crying child closer. Something’s wrong. She thought as she surveyed the silence. As if an answer to her thought, men jumped out and attacked her. Antoin knew there was no way she’d be able to beat all these men and protect Antonia at the same time. She was in trouble and had no way of getting out of it. She needed a miracle. Antoin knew she needed Antoin’s help.
“Anton, Bentai!” When no answer came Antoin asked again this time a little more cautious. “Nea owarn na Anton, Antonia owarn na. Bei bentai ne!” When nobody came, Antoin really started to worry. “Yanmar bentai ne! Bei yanmar bentai. Yander to rygin an syle ne bane.” She cried. As the men surrounded her and started to close in, a light flared from nowhere, blinding the men. Not believing her luck, Antoin reached inside, to the depths of her energy and she fought for an opening of the men surrounding her. When she found one she fought for her freedom. She barely made it through the opening before running into the forest, hoping to outrun them or possibly find some help.
Help came in the form of lights in the distance. Antoin had been running for what felt like hours, quickly loosing her energy, but when she saw those lights in the distance, she found the energy she didn’t know she had and ran for it. To her relief the lights belonged to the Rider City. At the main gates stood two guards dressed in black. When they saw her they immediately dropped what they were holding and rushed to her. Right when they stopped at her side, Antoin collapsed into their arms. With the last reserve of her energy, Antoin lifted her head toward the men.
             “Bentai ne!” They looked at her confused, not understanding. “Help me!” She cried in a thick Athean accent. “Men… in black. They demanded my child. I refused and they attacked me. I barely escaped. Please… I can’t go on, but my daughter, she must be protected.” She cried pushing Antonia toward them. “Protect Antonia!” With that Antoin fell in unconsciousness.



© 2009 Destinyslight


Author's Note

Destinyslight
This is still being worked on, tell me if the writing flows well and any thoughts you have on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have the potential for a really good story here, though i do think that you could cut down the prolouge slightly, make it more condenced.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 23, 2009
Last Updated on May 30, 2009


Author

Destinyslight
Destinyslight

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I lover to write, its like what I was born to do, besides working with little kids. I also love to read and can read pretty fast. If i'm into it a 1200 page book can take about 2 days at the most. .. more..

Writing