Portal Birthday Card

Portal Birthday Card

A Story by D. Snyder
"

How to say "Bon Anniversaire" with flair.

"

Dear <Briglevich, Mia G.>,

 

     Congratulations!  You are a fortunate receiver of this prototype Aperture Science Enrichment Center Celebratory Notification of Completion of Testing Phases <I-XIV>!  You have provided Aperture Laboratories with vital statistics in the field of <field undisclosed> that serve as a strong indication of a positive and constructive mental condition.  Your work has not gone unnoticed amongst your handlers; it is assured to you that good things are still to come providing your continued participation in our programs.  Remember; “Aperture Science, your trusted friend in science.”

     Please enjoy the attached <gift make and model withheld>, and remember that it will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.  (Disclaimer: If <gift make and model withheld> does attempt speech and/ or murder, dispose of <gift make and model withheld> immediately at the nearest specially designated gift-obliterating furnace at [local gift-obliterating furnace down for maintenance].)

     Your individually selected phrase of encouragement is: <Thank you for helping us help you help us all.>

 

 

 

Almost entirely semi-sincerely,

Presiding Aperture Science Enrichment Center Personnel Officer, <Snyder, Derek L.>

 

λ_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

© 2010 D. Snyder


Author's Note

D. Snyder
I had a lot of fun drafting this. Feel free to copy and edit as you please, but I would like to be credited. Portal (c) VALVe Software, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

595 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 19, 2010
Last Updated on June 19, 2010

Author

D. Snyder
D. Snyder

GA



About
I'm a dork on a good day, and a nerd on a bad day. I love to write, but inspiration isn't quite commodity. My interests include physics (from quantum mechanics to astronomy), mathematics (interest doe.. more..

Writing
Twisting Twisting

A Poem by D. Snyder