BP - Big Problem.

BP - Big Problem.

A Story by D. Snyder
"

Creative, I know. But the title is relevant to the things on my mind--it's more of an umbrella term. (If a complaint is fielded, but no one is there to sympathize, does it become a blog?)

"
This is being written solely for self-serving therapeutic reasons.  I will (try) not (to) pose loaded questions and suggest opinionated answers, because that leads to ranting, which is generally frowned upon as misuse of server space, etc. 

Instead, I shall field multiple open-ended questions, the effects of which shall no doubt be negligible.  For no one's considerations...(he's a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere van, making all his nowhere plans for nobody....) and now the obligatory emoticon - ;_;
You needn't post answers, or at least the obvious ones. 

Why did it happen?  (Several tiers to that.)
When will the oil cease to flow?
Why does BP attempt to reclaim some oil?  Is this wrong, or simply distasteful?
How many animals will feel pain?  How many will die?  How many will move on, or move out?
Will I see the sunset over placid Floridian beaches again, in my lifetime?  Before I'm up the hill?
Will it happen again?
Why did the U.S. Government authorize more drilling?  In the most emotionless manner possible, I ask:  Are they blind?
Why has this failed to make a deep impact on the majority of Americans?  Why is there not crying in the streets, mass-protesting in Washington?
What (the f$%&) will it take to make an impact that will sustain momentum and bring about change?  (I restrain myself in saying that Obama fails to deliver.)
Has Obama lost reelection? 

Closing philosophical questions, for which it is marked: 
Does beauty exist when those who may declare it, disappear?
Do all humans have the ability to recognize beauty? 
What is beauty?
What drives humans to destroy that which is beautiful?

It is with the utmost grief that I say this, of which I am certain:  We will destroy ourselves.  Be the catalyst natural or artificial, humanity's killing blow will be self-inflicted.  In a detached, existentialist way, I hope that day comes.  What damage we have done to nature!  And what ill-conceived rights have we to do so?  This is a strong foundation in my doubts regarding God:  how could a conscious entity that knows love for his creation allow its demise?  With certainty I state that I shall never understand or agree with that much. 

© 2010 D. Snyder


Author's Note

D. Snyder
Warning: high entropic levels detected.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on June 8, 2010
Last Updated on June 8, 2010

Author

D. Snyder
D. Snyder

GA



About
I'm a dork on a good day, and a nerd on a bad day. I love to write, but inspiration isn't quite commodity. My interests include physics (from quantum mechanics to astronomy), mathematics (interest doe.. more..

Writing