The long night

The long night

A Chapter by Vawn
"

The night comes to an end. The strange man, with the mask aim a bullet at Vawn. As he wakes up...

"

The feeling of unwanted hands digging in my pocket cause me to wake up. My eyes open to spot a old man. "What the hell dude! Get away from me!" The man hiss at me and took off.

Ugh, what happen to me? All I can remember is the barrel of that gun. A grave headache ravage my head. I feel like crap… sluggishly picking myself off of the ground. Touching my head searching for any marks or wounds. A huge sigh of relief swept over me. The smell of noxious fumes cover the area. There’s only one place that smells like this, turning around and noticing that I’m on school grounds.

I began to get nervous. I was just in my house, how did I suddenly get to school? I look for a trail of blood, tire tracks or footsteps anything to give me the signal that I was brought here. There was nothing. Does that mean I was transferred by some other means? I didn’t have time to think about it.

Hearing soft musical whistling in the area. The school security guard must be actually patrolling today. He absolutely couldn’t see me. If that happens, surely expulsion would be considered. Quickly scaling the brick wall that surround the entrance of the school and making my way away from the vicinity of the school. Now that I’m safe from that… what the hell happen to me? Trying to remember anything, which would result in me being at school. I can’t think of nothing. Walking into the middle of the street, realizing the traffic seem nonexistent tonight.

Checking my pockets. My phone and wallet still there. What a relief. "I wonder how long I was like that." I thought to myself, it must've been a few hours, because it’s night outside. I remember leaving school around four o’clock, checking the time on my phone it says six o’clock. So that’s around three hours of time that’s not accounted for. Walking down the street. A women walk by me, as the streetlights hover above me "nice contacts".

I don’t even wear contacts. I wonder what she’s talking about. I decide to go to the nearest store my stomach completely empty. As soon as I walk in the door a man bump into me. "Dude your eye it’s amazing! How much it cost to get it to move like that?" Ignoring the comment from the stoner cashier, that smokes so much weed, I’m surprise he still have a job.

In any case that’s the second person who said something about my eye. Pulling out my phone and went to the mirror app. I gaze at the screen. Nearly dropping my phone. "What the hell! My right eye!" What happen to it? My eye completely different. The color turn to s bright turquoise. The pupil of my eye had shrunk in size. Just below it, there were different shades of dark and light blue patterns. My sclera wasn’t white anymore. Instead it was jet black.

How did this happen? I check my left eye, it’s still hazel brown. This is crazy. What the hell happen to me? I need to get home. “Ight than little bro, be smooth.” The cashier went back to doing whatever it is he was doing before I enter. Crossing the street without looking both ways as a loud horn blow my way. Turning to see the noise, a semi-truck coming at full speed. Gazing at the eighteen wheeler that rapidly approach. My mind telling me to move out the way, but for some reason my legs want respond, instead I brace for impact.

Three seconds until the truck hit me. I close my eyes. I open them again a few seconds later. "I’m alive?" I began to feel great pain in my body. Looking around, there were tons of small pieces of debris and metal spread across the road.

How am I alive? My body in intense pain I could hardly stand. My heart beating extremely fast, and the soreness I felt greatly increase over time. I probe through the wreckage; there had to be someone driving it. It was hard to tell the difference between the wreckage since everything was so badly damage. I continue my search glancing at the destruction. "Did I cause all of this?"

While I ponder in my thoughts, a small blood trail became apparent. Pursuing the trail. The moonlit sky loom over the trail, making it a little easier as my search intensified. I follow the trail a couple feet until I seen bits and pieces of meat. A deep agonizing aroma swept the immediate area. It smell like cook skin. The pain from before grew. I fell to the ground on one knee. My teeth grinding each other with such intensity my jaw began to ache. I look up and seen dismembered legs, arms, and a few chunks of meat. Away from the sight a man’s head staring at me. The eyes slowly came to a shut. Covering my mouth, keeping the vomit from coming up.

People came running and yelling out of the store. I instantly gather myself while I hid in a nearby shrub. I had to get out of here. I killed that man. I could hear sirens from a mile away. How could I explain this to the cops? Debating in my head. No matter what I say, they would never believe my story. The pain had completely vanish. What should I do? Did I really have a reason to run from the cops? Even so, the cops around here hate me. I had to get home.

I decide to take a short cut through people’s back yards. I could hear the sirens drawing near, dogs barking, as I cut through the fields, running at full speed, grasping the top of the fence, and vaulting over it. Repeatedly doing this process one after another without breaking a sweat. Was it just me or my body seem stronger, and more agile? The thoughts fill my head. Maybe it was just the adrenaline rush.

A block away from my house. I could hear a series of gun shots echoing down the block. An uneasy filling crept up in my stomach. The street lights were all out. The moon hover above my house. Crackling of thunder erupted from the cloudy night sky. Quickly and silently walking towards the front door. Screams coming from inside. I bust open the door. The hallway silent. Refraining myself from screaming my parents name. A bump coming from upstairs. I slowly crept up the steps to my parent’s room.

The door was open just a little. Cautiously I peak through, I could see a body draped over the dresser. I slowly open the door. The window squeaked as if being open. Waiting for the right moment to open the door. I know I heard gunshots, so the killer could still be in there. A couple minutes went by, the house dead silent. Lifting my right hand I gently opened the door. The moonlight came from the window, and slowly shine on the body.

The body slowly started to fall to the ground. The lifeless body dropped like a chunk of meat. The long black hair stained with red. My heart skipped a beat, without looking at the full body I could tell who it was. I instantly drop to the ground tears continuously streaming down my face. Holding back a scream the desire to scream.

 



© 2014 Vawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on December 31, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014
Tags: Dark, Humor, Vawn, Mani, Suspense, Tragedy


Author

Vawn
Vawn

Milwaukee, WI



About
I am an aspiring author and a big time Anime fan. My inspiration stems heavenly from both the real world and Anime. Send me a read request and I will get to it with a review at my earliest conveyan.. more..

Writing
Your Choice Your Choice

A Poem by Vawn