Choices

Choices

A Chapter by Vawn
"

Vawn meets a strange little boy in a dark room. Where he finds an even stranger message on the wall. "You Murderer." Who is this message meant for, and what is the story behind this boy.

"

Minutes later, after walking a few blocks, I made it home. Juggling the keys into the doorknob. Casually opening the door, a hand quickly appear from the darkness of the house and forcefully pull me inside.

I tried resisting the unknown hand several times but my efforts were futile. The hold it had on my shirt became like vice grips, hearing signs of my shirt tearing as I'm being drag, pass some horrifying images.

Images of men and women being burned alive. The images could make a grown man drop down to his knees and cry. The images disappeared into nothingness. A couple seconds later, a small boy appear.

The hand that had been holding me hostage disappear. The boy standing in the middle of a poorly lit room.

"What's the deal with you?" I ask the little boy. No answer. I glance around the little boy. There was something on the ground near his feet.

What is that? I thought as I walk towards the figure that lay motionless on the floor. Reaching out my hand, the room spun around. The body that was originally in front of me now, resided directly behind me.

"What is going on here?" I could hear shrieking cries. I immediately did a one eighty. "Is it coming from the little boy?" I tried to touch the boy, but my body turned towards the wall. I think I'm losing my lunch now. Holding back the urge to throw up.

I look closer there something written on the wall, of what look like finger paint strokes. The words began to become clear. You murderer! "Was this message written about me?" I hesitate for a moment.

"No Vawn, don't do it!?" I could hear my mom's voice. What is happening to me, what is all of this? "Vawn stop!" The boy, and the message on the wall, everything gone. My hands wrap around something.

"I-I-can't breathe V-V-V." Mom's voice faded off. Before I could loosen my grip a strong object blow knock me out. As I plummet to the floor, I could feel moisture in the back of my head. Losing vision. A voice broke through the dead silence

"Roku lied to me, he said this wouldn't happen!" The man's voice illuminated my ears. Who’s Roku? Never mind that, why do I recognize this voice. I finally black out.

I could hear the alarm rattling. I slump my lifeless arm till I eventually came across the snooze button. Was it all a dream? I suddenly felt my phone vigorously vibrate. I grab the phone out of my pocket. Ana texted me. I don’t feel like answering, turning off my phone.

"Vawn! Are you hungry?" I could hear my mom yelling from downstairs. "No mom I'm good!" I quickly got dress after noticing what time it was. Now that I think about it, how I got to my bed, last thing I remember was Ana running away from me and the little boy crying. Also the phrase on the wall. You murderer.

My head began to ache maybe it was all a dream. I walk out my room downstairs towards the kitchen. "Morning Vawn!" My mom and dad stated towards me. "Ya good morning." I walk towards the refrigerator to get some orange juice. My phone vibrated in my pocket. Didn’t I turn my phone off? The screen turned on.

A message popped up on the screen. "Why'd you do it?” A bloody hand popped up simultaneously as I got done reading. I jump back, looking towards my mother and father. Their bodies began to distort and vaporize. What's happening? The room engulfed in darkness. A voice began to softly speak.

"Remember Vawn!" The voice steadily repeating, getting louder, and louder and more menacing in tone. "Remember Vawn! Remember Vawn!" I'm starting to get annoyed? "Shut up!" I scream and quickly put my hands over my ears. "Remember Vawn!" The little boy from yesterday pop back up. So it wasn't just a dream, everything that happen was true!

 My body began to rapidly shake. Something happen and the reason just may have been because of this little boy, so I decide to walk towards it. I reach out my hand. The skin immediately peel off my hand, visibly seeing the muscle tissue. The boy turn around and gaze at me.

His right eye completely black, red tears streaming down from to his cheeks. He cried out. "I didn't mean to!" It was a surprise.

"Little dude what didn't you mean to do?" My efforts was useless, it's like he couldn't hear me at all. Loud footsteps drew near. A bunch of men in suits rushed the little boy. The first couple men completely vaporized into thin air. A third guy with a peculiar mask showed up. I tried to grasp the details of the mask, but it was hard to actually see.

I look down and spot a dark red substance firmly surrounding the boy. The men roughly detain him. While slamming the boy head to the ground. Tears still streaming down his face. He put a gun to the back of the little boy's head. I could see the boy mouthed out silently "Help me Vawn!" They fired. Bang! The first flash of light shown that they shot him.

A puddle of blood spill from his head. Tears streaming down my face. They actually shot the little boy. The man wasn't done, he continue to shoot the boy. Shells fled from the chamber. I started counting one, two, three, four bullet shells.

Suddenly the gun barrel point towards me, I seen the smoke from the barrel. My body began to shake viciously. Am I going to die? My body! Why won't it move? I look down at my feet. The same dark red substance now engulfing my legs.

"What the hell you do to me?" Struggling to get loose but to no avail. I look at the man. He was about to shoot. The flash of light, the last thing I seen. "Wake up!" A mysterious voice in my head. "Wake up Vawn! Do you want to die?" The voice got more malicious with each word. Do I want to die?

The question very interesting. I honestly don't mind, an eternal sleep would be nice. Who would miss me? My life was hell. No one cared about me. My life is meaningless, maybe I could make more people happy if I just die already. What reason do I have to continue to living on this hell hole?

Maybe it would be better to die. These unanswered questions float through my head. Angel voice pop up in my mind. "Vawn what are you thinking? How could you even think about dying without fighting! You're worthless! You might as well die if you’re going to give up that easily."

A smile came to mind. I could definitely see her saying something like that. Maybe even giving me a punch in the face. Yea, that's definitely Angel. I guess it wouldn't be bad living. Of everybody I know that one person would definitely miss me.

"Vawn, do you want to live or die? This is your last chance!" "Shut the f**k up, your voice is irritating! Yes I'm going to live. I don't need you to tell me anything!" The voice started to chuckle. "Very well then, let's see how long you can keep that attitude of yours!"



© 2014 Vawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is an interesting story. I guess that I need to start from the beginning to truly understand how you got to this point in the story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vawn

9 Years Ago

Thank you!

-Vawn

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014
Tags: Vawn, Mani, Powers, Super_Powers, Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy, Tragedy, Horror


Author

Vawn
Vawn

Milwaukee, WI



About
I am an aspiring author and a big time Anime fan. My inspiration stems heavenly from both the real world and Anime. Send me a read request and I will get to it with a review at my earliest conveyan.. more..

Writing
Your Choice Your Choice

A Poem by Vawn