One Of These Days

One Of These Days

A Poem by Summer D.
"

When's the world gonna believe that not everything is at it seems?

"
One Of These Days

One of these days the sand will scatter.

A gust of wind will carry pearls, shattering over the crowds of the lost, and those found.

As if breath into the nostrils of man, as if life in the womb of a mother, they will give sight to their cloudy eyes.

One of these days the sea will rise and lift us from our plight.

One of these days we'll walk in the shadows and trace the footsteps of those before us.

The sky will fall and split into half, part the way, like its sister did before us.

Here will crumble the pillars of our false reality.

Then they'll see what a lie they believed.

One of these days we'll stand in the  fields that stretch far beyond from what eyes can see.

 Embracing the warmth, as we are called to face the day, promised to us so many centuries ago.

Not as enemies but as brethren, as equals.

No mans thought but of their own as their life was read from stone.

 To answer the trumpets call.

With our wealth reduced to dust.

Chains await those without trust.

One of these days you'll see.

The stars like diamonds were there for you to see.

One day you'll see

Everything was not as it seemed.

S-u-m-m-e-r D.
Also Known As: Aisha_U


© 2012 Summer D.


Author's Note

Summer D.
I'm just so tired of all the hate. This nation is not as saintly as everyone makes it out to be. We've got blood on our hands.

Everyone's just like clockwork sometimes.
No mind of their own.
Just wind em' up, tell them what direction to spin, and there they go.

The poem isn't as long as I'd like it to be but I think it works.

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."- Surah al-Hujurat.

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?"
(Matthew 5:43-47)

Don't even try to debate that. That is some serious wisdom. Whether you believe in G*d or not.

May G*d have mercy on the sick individuals who think otherwise.

YT.

Summer

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow i'm just breathless over here
you made me think about what lies just beyond the sky, away from this tormented world of ours
this is amazing Summer
words just can't describe

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thank you.
You just summed up the whole rant in my head into a beautiful poem. I have no more to say.
The wise will reflect over your words. If they don't, they'll know one day.

Posted 12 Years Ago


No words can express the true epicoscity of this.



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2012
Last Updated on February 1, 2012

Author

Summer D.
Summer D.

Deep Within My Thoughts, CA



About
I am here. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Frozen Frozen

A Poem by Summer D.


The Soldier The Soldier

A Poem by Ami N.