Time Saver

Time Saver

A Story by Campton Clifton
"

Not much to this story but, a man is out there about to save the universe.

"

The wind was picking up and time was of the essence. My mind blared a nonexistent warning, telling me I needed to hurry. Now. 

I pushed all my power to my feet as my body went numb and my lungs were working on their own. If I didn’t make it in time, they would die. If I didn’t make it in time, I would die.

I gasped as I tripped and landed face-first upon the ground. “No…” I thought to myself. I wasn't going to make it. I attempted to push myself up but the rock over my leg wasn’t having it.

I felt as though I had no other option as I pulled out my stopwatch and paused it. The leaves on the trees were no longer bending with the breeze, the long river was no longer washing gracefully downhill, heading towards the big wide ocean.

I sighed as I took my time to push the rock off my legs and get up. This only lasts for 3 minutes so I need to be quick, I thought to myself. I started running again, heading for the top of the hill. Up the hill was something that could stop all this; make things go back to normal.

I made it up to the hill right before time had pushed itself past my stopwatch’s barrier and resumed. My stopwatch disintegrated in my hands and fell like sand between my fingers. I sighed sadly but I had a mission. 

Upon searching the top of the mountain I found it. It was sitting there, almost as if it were waiting. It was a small robot, the one that started all of this ruckus. I rushed over to it and opened the hatch. Upon opening, I was unfortunately welcome with a multitude of wires. I looked up into the sky to see small space crafts coming straight for Earth. I needed to work fast.

I fiddled in my pocket as I brought out a piece of paper with a code. The code for the wires. I carefully being to defuse them, trying not to be in a hurry so I wouldn’t make a mistake. Finally, after about a minute, it was done. I glance at the sky once more to see the space crafts fairly close. I quickly closed the hatch, pressed a button, and watched as the robot came to life. 

One of the space crafts somehow managed to launch a red energy beam directly towards me. My eyes widened and almost popped out of their sockets. The robot, however, transformed itself into something much bigger than it originally was. At first, it was about 2 feet, but now it stood at around 8 feet. 

The beam hit its metal chest and the robot stumbled back a bit. The robot looked towards me and pointed. “Leave. I can take care of this,” it spoke. I swallowed and nodded. I ran down the hill back towards the city.

After a couple of hours, everything went back to normal. The news no longer spoke about how astronauts had spotted Unidentified Flying Objects headings our way, they no longer spoke about how the UFO’s speed was so fast that it was breaking the Ozone. No. Everything was normal. Although, I do wonder what happened to that robot. 

© 2023 Campton Clifton


Author's Note

Campton Clifton
Hope there weren't many grammatical errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on January 9, 2023
Last Updated on January 9, 2023
Tags: time, save, fantasy. robots, fiction

Author

Campton Clifton
Campton Clifton

Mobile, AL



About
Just a writer writing a variety of things. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Campton Clifton