The cries of a deceived soul

The cries of a deceived soul

A Poem by Dean1
"

Love poem i wrote after a heart-break.

"

The cries of a deceived soul!!!

Caught in the midst of a battle between the heart and common sense.

Caught in the melee of desire against rationality.

What would you chose.

I would chose to follow a deceiving heart rather than the sensible truth.

Convincing one-self that life without you is meaningless.

Engaging in a battle of winning not only the seemingly godlike creature that you are but also earning your love.

But then again I ask myself “what are you fighting for?”.

 

 

Just like my predecessors whose hearts have been shattered by love, I have grown wiser

and stepping back and looking at the experience, love is nothing but a falsified illusion that one needs another person to survive.

Cause in reality you need air, water and a right of passage from the MAN above.

Realism of this fact goes to prove that “with or without some1 life goes on”.

And so why not let life drift with you and you drift with the beat of life rather than being caught up in the beat and war drum of love.

For love is again nothing but a selfish illusion that drifts and causes pain in the name of pursuing the desires of one’s heart.

And so if you ask me now whether I chose to follow my heart or logic.

I CHOSE LOGIC.

 

 

Pondering on the question of “why do we have to lose something before we get to fully appreciate it”.

Like seriously!!!

And forgive my grief and tone for I am just a man who’s emotions where trembled upon.

Who’s love was spat at.

A man who still needs to belief in love even in times of disasters.

But despite my heartache and bereavement for the death of LOVE within my soul ,if you ask me whether I wish you hell or I you well.

I CHOSE TO WISH YOU WELL.

Whether I hate you or I like.

I CHOSE TO LIKE YOU.

These choices are swayed by the good times shared.

The good times which have turned into memories, good memories- superb memories…

But then again - what use is a good memory of something you will never get to experience ever-ever-ever again.

Again I ask myself “what are you holding on to”.

 

 

My intuition and thoughts are the only reliable elements to finding happiness.

Cause now I know that even Angels like you have their own wicked schemes.

My thoughts and imagination are the only reliable and trustworthy elements of me.

And with all this I ask myself one more time “what are you still fighting for when you are not needed anymore”.

But again, if u ask me now whether I chose to do it over again,

Fall in love and stuff…

Well…maybe yes but only for that one who realises my worth.

And in all essence I do agree with the Facebook lovers who say when a girl cries for a guy, It means she really Misses him. But when a Guy cries for a Girl, It means no one can Love that Girl more than him !!

And what do my cries say to you!!!

Coz each tear I have shed is a waterfall in itself.

Coz my desperate cries are nothing but silent prayers to God seeking reasons and justifications of why he placed us in a sick world where the powerful push the keys of society.

And while R Kelly dedicates a song to the hommies that he lost.

I dedicate this piece to love lost and say “I am sorry we didn’t make it”

© 2011 Dean1


Author's Note

Dean1
Please tell me what you think....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011

Author

Dean1
Dean1

cape town, Western cape, South Africa



About
Love life more..