Longing For Love

Longing For Love

A Story by Daytonight
"

A story of longing.

"
Losing her father at fifteen made her so very vulnerable.  Jasmine craved the loving attention that her father had at one time bestowed upon her so lavishly.  To have it all at once withdrawn from her in his untimely death was devastating.  It made her search out love in places she would not have otherwise done so.
* * * * * * * *
He wasn't the first man who had turned her head.  But one out of a procession.  Jasmine loved the flirtation and the fact that he paid any attention to her at all sent her soaring into the clouds.  He knew how to use his words to attract her. And use them he did.  He had her melting at his feet in a matter of days.
When they decided to go on their first date, they discussed how giddy they both felt.  Like they were back in high-school all over again.  Jasmine was extremely excited and shaking from pure nerves.  She so wanted him to like her.  She spent hours preparing for the date, wanting to please him.
Everything started out wonderful.  Jasmine was falling head over heels in love with Brock hard and fast.  He spoke as if he were quoting from a romance novel.  Each turn of phrase suave and he was always a perfect gentleman.
Once Brock had her by her tender heart strings, the words in his vocabulary started to change.  They became less romantic and more crude.  Then the mind games began.  If she didn't let him do what he wanted he would walk out the door and go find someone who would.  He was very possessive of her, but she liked that to a certain extent because it made her feel cherished.  But he didn't want other men talking to her. Yet at the same time,  it seemed he had a penchant for other women.  She was not allowed to question or complain about his activities.  She had to accept it and turn a blind eye  to them.  Just like she had to turn a blind eye to other activities he was involved in.  Activities she would never have condoned when she was younger.  
But she seemed to be addicted to him.  He was like her drug and she couldn't let go, no matter how badly he treated her or hurt her.  She didn't want to let him go.  She needed his love.  Longed for it.  Longed for the attention he would bestow on her when he felt like it.  She couldn't let him go.

© 2011 Daytonight


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found that a lot of questions popped up in my mind about why she needed him so badly...like what needs were being met exactly. That really added a realistic touch to this story because what goes unsaid in literature can be just as important as what is said. No matter how well you know a person in this situation..it can be almost impossible to get them to go to those levels of depth and talk about what is going on. IMO the human element was very well expressed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

oh wow.....i can totally relate to this story....i am kind of involve with someone that is like Brock...where they control you and your activities...but yet theres sudnt be questioned..i really love the developing of this story and i can asure you this isnt the end i hope you will write more on this becos you have totally got my attention here...amazing piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

She needs a little more depth of character more background, let us in to her past and see why she is so vunerable, other than that this is a beautiful start to what I hope will be a first chapter to your romance novel D. I love the childlike qualities and his worldly ones manipulating her lets hope not just for his own ends or at least that she sees through him. Keep em' coming

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I would like to see this continued, actually. I want to see things get even worse for this girl and then either have her hit rock bottom or find a way to free herself. I would have already liked to see more details too, like what she did that took hours for her to get ready for a date.

I really liked this and would like to see more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I did enjoy reading, however I feel like there are some real parts missing like why was her addiction to him so strong?' and what were the activities she would not have allowed when she was younger?, little bits of meat missing from the story but It is still a very interesting write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jasmine appears to be blind. Men like Brock only use women to satisfy their own selfish needs. This portrays a woman in need of an eye opener. Another man perhaps. Someone who cares about her needs and not his own.
Pumpkin:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's sad how this is true in some cases. (maybe even most) very well written. You explain love so nicely but I can't help but wonder.... Why did she need him? Good job! Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It saddens me to see women fall for men like Brock =( But this was a great piece =) Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice, sincere, straight from the heart

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reading this was like a flashback. The end paragraph especially was a look back on a old relationship I once had. Your remarkable storytelling is breathtaking. I searched for faults but at last my mind was intoxicated by your story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved reading the story, thought provoking indeed, how love starts out and can end up, and alot of people settle for it out of neccessity or love on same type of level.

Great write:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

631 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2011
Tags: Love, Romance, Personal, Longing

Author

Daytonight
Daytonight

LA



About
I am a hopeless romantic who still believes in happily ever after. I have a passion for writing poetry. My poetry tends to be tender sensual love poetry with some heartbreak along the way. I also l.. more..

Writing
Waking Me Waking Me

A Poem by Daytonight



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..