Endings Leading to New Beginnnings

Endings Leading to New Beginnnings

A Story by Daytonight
"

A possible chapter to a romance.

"
     Jillian lined her kindergarten class up for the march to the gymnasium where the graduation program would be held.  Keeping twenty excited kindergartener's in check was no mean feat.  She made sure everyone's hair was presentable, as she would somehow be held responsible for that if someone's little Mary or John had a hair out of place.  But she really didn't mind too much as she loved her job.
     Slowly they began the walk to where waiting relatives would snap photos and take videos of their child as they took the step from kindergarten to first-grade.  It seemed that the boys and girls realized the importance of the day, even though some where hopping and skipping as if unable to contain their excitement, the class managed the trek to the gym without incident.
     When the students positioned themselves in their places, with much waving to family and giggling, Jillian Croft signaled for the music to begin.  The students belted out the words to "Rockin' Robin" and performed their dance steps with gusto.  Next, they recited their little rhymes that depicted what their year had been like.  Then, they sat down on their little orange chairs and all eyes turned to the large screen on the stage.  Strains of "Thank God For Kids" filtered through the ancient speaker system while parents, with tear-filled eyes, watched the video taken of the kindergarten class throughout the year.
     Finally each boy and girl received his or her diploma from their beloved teacher.  Jillian gave each one a hug and wished them well.  
     Students jubilantly ran off the stage into waiting arms of family and friends.  Jillian tried to make it around the gym to greet each family member and tell them what a joy it was to have their child in her room.  
     Suddenly she stopped short and gazed up from her 5'2 height into a pair of the most gorgeous blue eyes she had ever seen in her life.  This dark haired man towered over her with his 6' all masculine body.  Her hazel eyes widened as she took in his handsome face, which was smiling at her and displaying the most adorable dimple she had ever seen.  And she had seen many dimples in her day while teaching 4 and 5 year-olds.  
     "Ms. Croft, this is my brother Paul Reynolds," introduced Mrs. Lang.  
     Paul reached for her delicate hand and grasped it firmly in his much larger, work worn one.  "Pleased to meet you, Ms. Croft," his baritone voice almost purred.  
  
     She had difficulty speaking as she was still trying to regain her breath that seemed to have been knocked from her lungs by his suave good looks.  She hoped she murmured an appropriate response.  Surely she must have as Paul was smiling at her.  
     "Paul is wanting to enroll his little girl her this next fall," Mrs. Lang trilled out in an excited manner.
     Suddenly Jillian's heart seemed to fall into her stomach.  She felt like ice was trying to make its sluggish way through her veins instead of warm blood flowing.  She had hoped maybe she was going to finally meet a nice, handsome man and now she found out he had a child. She began searching the crowd, trying to figure out which beautiful woman in the crowd could possibly be his wife.

© 2011 Daytonight


Author's Note

Daytonight
I am just playing around with this as several people have suggested I write a romance story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this. You should write a second part to it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is interesting and could definitely make for a great story :) so far I love it !!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww the pained romance as one finds their point of their affection is already in love with another beautifully done. I agree you really should pen this piece. Keep em' coming

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think you would be the perfect person to write a romance novel.
Your poetry so often centers around a romantic theme. This chapter
begs the reader to want to know more of the plot.
Everyone loves a good romance story.

applause

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful story, laced with a very romantic theme..A truly feel good poem..I commend you


JOHN

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A great start of a chapter book! Love the background to it and the possibilities! nice job

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the theme of this story and you can take it almost anywhere. I was truly engrossed in the intensity leading up to the conclusion. Great work!

WindSong

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful romantic story, love the ending leaves us thinking what will happen next:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful story. Romance is always a refreshing read. Keep up the wonderful writing. Pumpkin:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011
Tags: Romance

Author

Daytonight
Daytonight

LA



About
I am a hopeless romantic who still believes in happily ever after. I have a passion for writing poetry. My poetry tends to be tender sensual love poetry with some heartbreak along the way. I also l.. more..

Writing
Waking Me Waking Me

A Poem by Daytonight



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Wish I Wish

A Poem by Tate Morgan