Grandad

Grandad

A Poem by Dark Rose

I sit here. I wonder when my world will start. The world outside keeps revolving. My life is on its head. His death hit me harder then it should. He was supposed to live forever. He was a great man. He always helped you hole up your head. Now he is just a memory. No more grand advice. No more grandad. He took me in and never said a word. I wish i had had more time. To tell him how much he ment to me. Just one more walk threw the pasture. One more time to tell him i miss him. To tell him that i am grateful. Just to walk beside him and listen. Just one more walk. Him telling me the ways of life. To listen to him talk about his animals, his family. He didnt have to take me in. He chose to. He called me his grandaughter. He never looked at me diffrent. He always treated me the same. I never felt like an outsider. Just one more day. To hug and to talk to him. To show him how i have grown. I want him to see how much i have grown. I hope I grow up to make him proud.

© 2015 Dark Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww, heartwarming. Your words paint a beautiful picture of your Granddad. I'm sure he is watching over you and he is very proud.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dark Rose

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Inject Positivity

8 Years Ago

Great one.....He will be reading this one don't worry frnd.Thanks for sharing....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
1 Review
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on March 5, 2015

Author

Dark Rose
Dark Rose

About
I love to write in my free time. I hope you enjoy the stories. I am sorry for the misspelling. more..

Writing
The mask The mask

A Poem by Dark Rose


Freaks Freaks

A Poem by Dark Rose